Riddle me this...

NOLA Cane12

Recruit
Not much of a poster, but here it goes: Why is it that ESPN will refer to Briles' issues at Baylor, the Michigan trainer, and other more recent sexual assault scandals, but completely and utterly disregard Penn State and Sandusky?

As society has evolved, Urban Meyer hasn't

I appreciate Adelson's take, but IMO there is nothing that compares to what happened at PSU. Yet, it is NEVER mentioned.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
Because the other scandals DO NOT involve a Saint

Joe Paterno & PSU are regarded as Saints by PSU alums, the Commonwealth of PA, and a wide swarth of the news media.

I hate PSU almost as much as I do ND.

Both are complete phonies ...and are held in much higher regard than they've earned and deserve

Not much of a poster, but here it goes: Why is it that ESPN will refer to Briles' issues at Baylor, the Michigan trainer, and other more recent sexual assault scandals, but completely and utterly disregard Penn State and Sandusky?

I appreciate Adelson's take, but IMO there is nothing that compares to what happened at PSU. Yet, it is NEVER mentioned.

Thoughts?
The more important question is why did nothing happen to Baylor? Eligible student athletes were involved in those cases.

Advertisement
She was specifically addressing Urban Meyer as well as assaults and violence against women, and therefore left assaults against children out of the scope of the article. I don't take that to mean ESPN favors Penn State or Joe Pa, nor do I think they care less about child abuse/sexual assault than they do crimes against women.

If some of you panzies had any clue what was going on with the coaching staffs during the Johnson, Erickson, Butch years.........

Advertisement

Thoughts?

I thought the same thing. Maybe this is about assualts on women? When the writer said "no coach is above..." I immediately thought of Joe Pa. If anyone was bullet proof it had to be Paterno.

She was specifically addressing Urban Meyer as well as assaults and violence against women, and therefore left assaults against children out of the scope of the article. I don't take that to mean ESPN favors Penn State or Joe Pa, nor do I think they care less about child abuse/sexual assault than they do crimes against women.

Good point. But don't the similarities regarding head coach knowledge, and arguably institutional knowledge, make this a similar big level issue for collegiate programs, or any type of program?

Good point. But don't the similarities regarding head coach knowledge, and arguably institutional knowledge, make this a similar big level issue for collegiate programs, or any type of program?

Oh definitely! I still think everything that went down at Penn State was by far the worst scandal/issue to take place anywhere. I'm not a big ESPN guy either. Just think the article was more to do with women's issues than with overall scandals.

If some of you panzies had any clue what was going on with the coaching staffs during the Johnson, Erickson, Butch years.........

Hey jizzmop, take 2 of these and check back in a bit later.

cyanide-capsules.jpg

Advertisement

The entertainment industry, of which ESPN is a part, ....

... Well, let’s just say go google “Hollywood pedophiles”

Advertisement
Back