Richt's record vs improvements/adjustments

Well he beat a decent Pitt team and crappy UVA team. The same things Uga fans complained about (peaked five years ago....too early to tell) and can't beat a team with a pulse are already proving to be partially correct.

Next year, however, if everyone returns, we have good and experienced talent at qb, Rb,
Tight end, Oline, and a tremendous front 7 (top 5 nationally). If one of the younger wrs (Mullins, cager returns, or new frosh recruit) breaks out with Richards, and one or two frosh cbs end up being good there is NO excuse for
Richt to win less than 12 games next year.

This is the kind of thinking that made fans ****y this year. It takes more than one recruiting class. There was times this year that if one OL went down we wouldn't have enough players left for a complete line. The depth issues many here ignored aren't fixed in one class

Advertisement
Well he beat a decent Pitt team and crappy UVA team. The same things Uga fans complained about (peaked five years ago....too early to tell) and can't beat a team with a pulse are already proving to be partially correct.

Next year, however, if everyone returns, we have good and experienced talent at qb, Rb,
Tight end, Oline, and a tremendous front 7 (top 5 nationally). If one of the younger wrs (Mullins, cager returns, or new frosh recruit) breaks out with Richards, and one or two frosh cbs end up being good there is NO excuse for

This is the kind of thinking that made fans ****y this year. It takes more than one recruiting class. There was times this year that if one OL went down we wouldn't have enough players left for a complete line. The depth issues many here ignored aren't fixed in one class

How is our OL depth hurting us when the backups are playing better than the starters?

I'm excited... But not delusional.

All I want, is to win out the regular season, win a Bowl game & finish with a strong recruiting class.

I will admit the staff is kinda ****in me off with their recruiting, but I'm at least willing to wait until NSD to see how it plays out.

I still think Richt would do himself a great service to hire an OC just to delegate responsibilities, although I'm fully aware he won't.

Overall, I'm not super ****ed or calling for anyone's head, I definitely want better results, but I'm not expecting National titles overnight.

The offensive line didn't just get better, they changed the protection to help keep Kaaya alive for the remainder of the season. The splits, even on passing plays are much more narrow, allowing for more help against bull rushing DTs that dominate our center and guards. Anybody else notice that Christopher Herndon hasn't done much in the passing game the last two weeks? That's because he stays in to block almost every pass play. So do the running backs. They can't block 4 with 5 so they have to keep everyone in to protect and hope Coley, Richards and Njoku can get open.

Advertisement

That decent pitt team just beat clemson on the road. We beat em petty good. I would say they are a team with a pulse

Pitt has beaten 2 top 10 teams. They're legit. That was a quality win for CMR, IMO.

Didn't mean to down vote. I agree.

Advertisement
Reluctant acceptance. If we win out (including the bowl game) I might be more optimistic but it's hard to get the taste of that that 4 game losing streak out of my mouth. And a little piece of my spirit died after that FSU loss.

The optimism comes from the fact that a new coach in a program that hasn't won a bowl game in 10 years is literally three breaks away from being 9-1. I think next year's team is polished enough to find a way to win those games.

Not with kayaa at QB

I hate to beat a dead horse, but those throws he was missing vs UVA were... astonishingly bad

nobody near him in the pocket and over throwing people like njoku not even 10 yards away?

then there's this abomination of an o line mixed in with an incredibly green secondary...

I'll be amazed if we go 9-4 next season. This rebuild will be much like the washington huskies, suck for 2 seasons ( idk if 7-6 level of suckage but yah ) and then year 3 people are going to get reminded who the big dogs are once again

Advertisement
Back