Richt's Losses At Georgia

We should hire Rich Brooks, Fulmer, Tubberville or Spurrier. They all owned my boy Rix.

With the exception of 2012, it's been a pretty rocky ride for our boy Rix since 2009. That 2010 season is a horror show. Colorado and UCF? Ooph.

Unranked 4 out of the last 7 years playing in the down SEC East, not good.

We didn't get Richt of 10 years ago.
This is what drives me crazy. His body of work from his FSU days no longer matter. Neither do his first few years at UGA. The game has significantly changed from those days. What has he done in the last five years, that to me is the real question.

Total Record at UGA since 2010 is

56-24

60-30 in you include 2016

That's not a good record no matter how you slice it.

He went 50 and 17 his last 5 years at UGA. His resume says he's a solid coach. Even his recent track record is solid. Now I see guys acting like the ACC coastal is tougher than the SEC east. Last I checked UGA and UT both ***** slapped the top 2 teams in the coastal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
YearRankingRecordSchoolScoreCoach
2001#228-4South Carolina9-14Holtz
Florida10-24Spurrier
Auburn17-24Tubberville
Boston College16-20
2002#313-1Florida13-20Zook
2003#711-3LSU10-17Saban
Florida13-16Zook
LSU13-34Saban
2004#710-2Tennesse14-19Fulmer
Auburn6-24Tubberville
2005#1010-3Florida10-14Meyer
Auburn30-31Tubberville
West Virginia35-38Rich Rodriguez
2006#239-4Tennesse33-51Fulmer
Vanderbilt22-24
Florida14-21Meyer
Kentucky20-24Brooks
2007#211-2South Carolina12-16Spurrier
Tennesse14-35Fulmer
2008#1310-3Alabama30-41Saban
Florida10-49Meyer
Georgia Tech42-45Johnson
20098-5Oklahoma St.10-24
LSU13-20Miles
Tennesse19-45Kiffin
Florida17-41Meyer
Kentucky27-34Brooks
20106-7South Carolina6-17Spurrier
Arkansas24-31Petrino
Mississippi St.12-24Mullen
Colorado27-29
Florida31-34Meyer
Auburn31-49Chizik
Central Florida6-10
2011#1910-4Boise St.21-35
South Carolina42-45Spurrier
LSU10-42Miles
Michigan St.30-33
2012#512-2South Carolina7-35Spurrier
Alabama28-32Saban
20138-5Clemson35-38Sweeny
Missouri26-41
Vanderbilt27-31
Auburn38-43Malzahn
Nebraska19-24
2014#910-3South Carolina35-38Spurrier
Florida20-38Muschamp
Georgia Tech24-30Paul Johnson
201510-3Alabama10-38Saban
Tennesse31-38Jones
Florida3-27

I was looking at Richt's losses at Georgia and noticed a pattern...
His teams rarely got blown out & a lot of the losses were by a TD or less...
He's said it quite a few times, that the game comes down to 4 or 5 plays that
make the difference in the game... He's got to be on the other side of those 4 or 5
plays and start winning the close ones...

This Offense has to Stop Spotting the Opponents the 1st Quarter, they come out Flat, with
No Intensity, No Emotion, or Passion... Richt has to fire them up, and start calling plays with
some sort of Rhythm, and start taking advantage of our Player's Strengths

50 wins last 5 years, is that bad by the Canes best 5 years?

We should hire Rich Brooks, Fulmer, Tubberville or Spurrier. They all owned my boy Rix.

With the exception of 2012, it's been a pretty rocky ride for our boy Rix since 2009. That 2010 season is a horror show. Colorado and UCF? Ooph.

Unranked 4 out of the last 7 years playing in the down SEC East, not good.

We didn't get Richt of 10 years ago.
This is what drives me crazy. His body of work from his FSU days no longer matter. Neither do his first few years at UGA. The game has significantly changed from those days. What has he done in the last five years, that to me is the real question.

Total Record at UGA since 2010 is

56-24

60-30 in you include 2016

That's not a good record no matter how you slice it.

He went 50 and 17 his last 5 years at UGA. His resume says he's a solid coach. Even his recent track record is solid. Now I see guys acting like the ACC coastal is tougher than the SEC east. Last I checked UGA and UT both ***** slapped the top 2 teams in the coastal.

Richt went to overtime vs Ga Southern last year. That was the only team he beat with a winning record. According to some Dawg poster here UGA was the first ever team from a power conference to win 10 games and finish outside the top 25.

According to Sagarin the ACC Coastal is 4.5 points harder than the SEC East. Granted the SEC East was tougher years ago when Meyer was at UF, Fulmer hadn't become a corch yet, even Kentucky was decent, etc.

Has a Miami coach ver had a 750 winning per cent even playing in a weak conferee like the ACC?

Yes. Jimmy Johnson had an 85% win record at Miami, going 52-9. What does that have to do with Mark tRicht?

Advertisement

Has a Miami coach ver had a 750 winning per cent even playing in a weak conferee like the ACC?

Yes. Jimmy Johnson had an 85% win record at Miami, going 52-9. What does that have to do with Mark tRicht?

Johnson, Erickson and Coker were all above .800. Schnellenberger was not over .750 because he was building a program with little football tradition that was especially bad when he arrived. Butch was not over .750 because of probation.

Johnson, Erickson and Coker were all above .800. Schnellenberger was not over .750 because he was building a program with little football tradition that was especially bad when he arrived. Butch was not over .750 because of probation.

Wow... I didn't expect Coker on there but I guess he coasted a number of years on Butch's players.

There's some **** good coaches he lost to on that list. Interpret that however you like. Same with a lot of the teams.

I'm not giving him a pass, but take the Meyer and Saban losses off of there, what's the board consensus then? It isn't like there's too many, in fact there may be none, who have winning records against them.

This list would be more interesting if it had the teams final rankings as well. You see a Missouri on there and some forget they were good for few years here and there. Same with South Carolina under two different good coaches.

Wow... I didn't expect Coker on there but I guess he coasted a number of years on Butch's players.
Forgot completely about Cokers years, Johnson was sorta like Saban today nobody beats them.

Advertisement
Just for record Richt went 10-5 s Auburn, 10-5 va Tenn, 13-2 vs Twch, 9-6 vs SCE, and the downer 5-10 vs gayturds , biggest rivals.

Forgot completely about Cokers years, Johnson was sorta like Saban today nobody beats them.

It was a different day. We're so far removed from those days. We have to start winning. Not beating F$U sets us back each year.

Stop embarrassing yourself, Dawgshyt. If you're going to to put "Cane" in your name know some basic info. Look up The records of the following men: Jimmy Johnson, Dennis Erickson, and Larry Coker. Otherwise, change your name to DawgRicht because there's no Cane in you.

And fck your sorry *** SEC East. That **** is mediocre as fck. And it has been for a few years now. Big 12 afterthought Missouri walked into your weak division and won it twice.

Oh well...so much for a kinder, gentler board. There goes the neighborhood....again.

Advertisement
There's some **** good coaches he lost to on that list. Interpret that however you like. Same with a lot of the teams.

I'm not giving him a pass, but take the Meyer and Saban losses off of there, what's the board consensus then? It isn't like there's too many, in fact there may be none, who have winning records against them.

This list would be more interesting if it had the teams final rankings as well. You see a Missouri on there and some forget they were good for few years here and there. Same with South Carolina under two different good coaches.
He's not a bad coach but he's definitely an underachiever. Missouri had more success than Georgia did over the last ten years. Considering Richt's recruiting base and experience that's simply unacceptable.

I think there are two Richt's. First ten or so years where he had a little success.
And then the last 4 or so years of Richt where he hit a wall and just mentally checked out.

Which one we have we will find out

NVA, that's fair. As I've always said, which Richt will we get? The old one who showed a world of promise and should be expected to do great things with our recruiting base. One would think coaching at his alma mater would bring out his best and thus be reinvigorated.

Will he be a coach who lost his edge and possibly even got too comfortable with the millions he deservedly earned? Time will tell, but I'm hoping it's the first and the game hasn't passed him by.

NVA, that's fair. As I've always said, which Richt will we get? The old one who showed a world of promise and should be expected to do great things with our recruiting base. One would think coaching at his alma mater would bring out his best and thus be reinvigorated.

Will he be a coach who lost his edge and possibly even got too comfortable with the millions he deservedly earned? Time will tell, but I'm hoping it's the first and the game hasn't passed him by.
Same here brother.

Advertisement
Blake James must have forgotten to delve a little deeper into Richt's tenure at UGA.

But its ok if you don't win championships as long as you have the character of a champion.

The idea that this ***ing potato has any power at Miami is frightening. People wonder why we have been in the dumps since xxxx, it starts with this admin and BOTs. Look at this ***ing puppet that they employ to be the figurehead of our program.

He's not a bad coach but he's definitely an underachiever. Missouri had more success than Georgia did over the last ten years. Considering Richt's recruiting base and experience that's simply unacceptable.

I think there are two Richt's. First ten or so years where he had a little success.
And then the last 4 or so years of Richt where he hit a wall and just mentally checked out.

Which one we have we will find out

Have you seen us play this year?

Just for record Richt went 10-5 s Auburn, 10-5 va Tenn, 13-2 vs Twch, 9-6 vs SCE, and the downer 5-10 vs gayturds , biggest rivals.

Just for the record Richt's gone 14-23 against top 25 opponents in his last 8 years, appeared in only two SEC championship games in the last ten years, and has at least one loss of 18 or more points in the past 11 of 12 seasons.

We need to put this dawg down if he keeps porsting retarded ****.

Just for the record Richt's gone 14-23 against top 25 opponents in his last 8 years, appeared in only two SEC championship games in the last ten years, and has at least one loss of 18 or more points in the past 11 of 12 seasons.

We need to put this dawg down if he keeps porsting retarded ****.

You should probably put some of that into context.

We would all agree he isn't Meyer. So during that time, that takes out some SEC Championship games and adds to the losses against top 25.

During that time, in his division, Cam at Auburn takes about out another stat opportunity.

One of those years he had a string of injuries that puts our season this year to shame.

Even when he got a shot at the SEC Championship, there's bad boy Saban.

2015, all three losses were to teams who finished in the top 25. One was national champion Alabama.

2014, lost to one top 10 team (GT oddly enough, his only loss ever against them) and two non-top 25 teams in UF and USCe. He beat 4 top 25 teams.

I Gotta run, may get back to this. Again, if someone has the time, I'd love someone to put the season ending rankings of those he lost to.

Advertisement
Back