Richt's Defensive Coordinator is going to make or break

itsacanething

Senior
the Richt era and will determine whether we get back to the elite level. I love everything about Richt. Great integrity, well liked, great recruiter and great offensive guy. but he is going to focus on coaching offense and we need a bad *** defense to compete at the elite level. make no mistake, this decision is probably the most important decision he is going to make.

Advertisement
803707bd77addc484b42dd0ac5a87c9a0bfa8251b631440ded468689d354c0e4.jpg

the Richt era and will determine whether we get back to the elite level. I love everything about Richt. Great integrity, well liked, great recruiter and great offensive guy. but he is going to focus on coaching offense and we need a bad *** defense to compete at the elite level. make no mistake, this decision is probably the most important decision he is going to make.

Is water still wet?

He still gets us to acc championship with an avg dc.

Doritos d was beyond terrible.

Also a great dc can make or break most hc s so not sure why you posted such an obvious statement

Advertisement

1289861965_captainobviousx.jpg

I know its obvious. I guess my point is lets hope he is focusing on the right guys or else this thing could get ugly fast.

I know its obvious. I guess my point is lets hope he is focusing on the right guys or else this thing could get ugly fast.

We're all a little gun shy because of Al Golden and his ineptitude, but the Golden days are over. We can start trusting the coach again. Rejoice!

Richt's Defenses historically have not set the world on fire, Alabama's, LSU's and FLA's have for the most part and therefore this is where the championships have gone the past 10 years. I have followed his career at GA. Willie Martinez was there for 5 years as DC, was horrible, and I would compare him to D'Onofrio. A top 10 Defense with plenty of talent from the 305 and 954 will have us winning championships regularly.

Advertisement
Richt's Defenses historically have not set the world on fire, Alabama's, LSU's and FLA's have for the most part and therefore this is where the championships have gone the past 10 years. I have followed his career at GA. Willie Martinez was there for 5 years as DC, was horrible, and I would compare him to D'Onofrio. A top 10 Defense with plenty of talent from the 305 and 954 will have us winning championships regularly.

exactly. lets hope he doesn't bring in willy Martinez. I saw something about him on a GA message board maybe being considered for this job.

Good news is we've guaranteed him the money to go get who he wants. So I highly doubt you see a current position coach (as some have referenced with the guy from Tennessee, etc) as our next DC.

Advertisement
The good thing was that Richt finally fired Martinez after 5 years, who I think has been a DBs only coach since, lately I believe at Tenn. Bringing that guy here would be a very bad mistake and would set a very negative precedent. I just hope that Richt has learnt from his defensive mistakes, which are my only concerns about him. We need a "Balls to the wall" non-stop defense whose main goal is to instill fear and pain on offenses. No more covering 100 yards of field and giving quarterbacks 5 minutes to complete a throw.

I am hoping CMR doesn't limit himself to the group of OCs, DCs, and position coaches he personally knows. Rather look at the best in college football and finds the best available, to suit the scheme he wants to play.

I am hoping CMR doesn't limit himself to the group of OCs, DCs, and position coaches he personally knows. Rather look at the best in college football and finds the best available, to suit the scheme he wants to play.

All of this.

Advertisement
No doubt. When he says he's had over 250 text messages and over 50 voice mails requesting coordinating and coaching opportunities, I'm sure we will be okay in that department.

Integral part of not only his whole tenure, but most immediately next year.

With a really good DC hire, we're cooking with grease.

How important is the timing of naming the staff for recruiting purposes? He can't visit everyone himself, and I'm sure he'll be asked by everyone about it (important to know exactly who will be coaching your position).

Whats going on with Pruitt?

Pruitt's backstabbing and division of the Georgia Program was the main reason Richt lost his job...Think it had gotten to the point that Richt was ready to resign before Admins decision to terminate him..Volatile and toxic situation was caused by Pruitt and Schottiemhimer and it will prevent either one coming with Richt to the "U".

Advertisement
Back