Richt's comment on the 2nd team oline

Linder tucking tail after Gaynor bullied him like those ND DT's is what improved the 2nd line.

If anyone goes down they'll shuffle the starters around & insert Gaynor, which won't cause that much of a drop off imo.

Exactly.
If McDermott goes down, St Louis moves to LT, Donaldson probably moves to RT, Gauthier moves to RG, and Gaynor steps in.

Basically no matter who goes down it will involve Gaynor coming in at center and Gauthier switching to Guard.

No.......Herbert. Kid has the goods. You'll see.

Advertisement
Linder tucking tail after Gaynor bullied him like those ND DT's is what improved the 2nd line.

If anyone goes down they'll shuffle the starters around & insert Gaynor, which won't cause that much of a drop off imo.

Exactly.
If McDermott goes down, St Louis moves to LT, Donaldson probably moves to RT, Gauthier moves to RG, and Gaynor steps in.

Basically no matter who goes down it will involve Gaynor coming in at center and Gauthier switching to Guard.

No.......Herbert. Kid has the goods. You'll see.

I believe he will be. But personally I would not want a true frosh starting at LT, when he hasn't gotten any reps with the starters all offseason. I'd rather have Donaldson start at LT before Herbert tbh.

Why would we have our blindside LT move to RT?
McDermott would stay where he is.

Imo this is what the depth chart is:

LT:.....McDermott....> St Louis.......> Darling......> Herbert
LG:....Darling.........> Gauthier.......> Mahoney
C:......Gauthier.......> Gaynor
RG:....Donaldson....> Gauthier.......> Jones
RT:.....St Louis........> Donaldson....> Darling.....>Brown

so if both mcdermott and st louis went down (wed be ****ed) but our starters would be:
lt: Darling
lg: Gauthier
c: Gaynor
rg: jones/mahoney
rt: Donaldson

The question was who plays RT if St Louis is hurt. Darling played better at LT then RT the few times he played RT. They have figured it out by now with Brown, Darling, Herbert, and potentially Donaldson all getting some OT snaps. Lets not forget that Darling played over a year at LT.

Richt said the OL 2nd string was better than last year, but wasn't there yet. Not a ringing endorsement.

Advertisement
Back