Richt's 2016 class (vis-a-vis Tom Herman & UT recruiting)

Advertisement
****. Richt's class already has 5 bonafide starters and potential superstars.

Herman's mentioning of off the field issues is remarkably prescient as well. We've already seen several kids from the class get in trouble as well in their first year: Haskins, Martin, Wright, Jeff James, and Bruce (gone).

that 2016 class wasnt even ranked in the top 20 and i dont remember getting so many huge impact players like that in a class in a long *** time

****. Richt's class already has 5 bonafide starters and potential superstars.

Herman's mentioning of off the field issues is remarkably prescient as well. We've already seen several kids from the class get in trouble as well in their first year: Haskins, Martin, Wright, Jeff James, and Bruce (gone).

5 starters already plus Malek Young, Pat Bethel, Travis Homer look like they could break out in 2017. Add that to (potentially) guys like, say, Dionte Mullins or Finley or Wright or one of the TEs can become players for us with opportunities this year, we could hit on over this half this class as contributors. That's incredible and hasn't happened here in a looooong time

Advertisement
Wait now.

Wasn't there a bunch that said that Herman is a corch, or did I misread some posts.

Anyway, interesting info on the transition year, at the same time it's also a good excuse for having a lowly ranked recruiting class.

Not a lot negatives with Herman. Yeah he had a couple bad losses at Houston, games they had no business losing. But nonetheless, I don't think it's a stretch to say is one of the top coaching prospects out there. Only potential issue is, he may fall into the smartest guy in the room trap. As long as he doesn't fall in love with his approach to analytics, and keeps an open mind, you should see some great success I would think.

This is where we see what Herman is made of. He's got a lot of work to do at Texas. He's got the big time job now, with a big-time budget, and big-time name recognition. We'll know in a couple of years where this is headed.

that 2016 class wasnt even ranked in the top 20 and i dont remember getting so many huge impact players like that in a class in a long *** time

I said this over and over again **** what the "experts" say because this staff saw the talent and coached each guy to their fullest.

People consistently misunderstand rankings. The class was top 15 in average composite rating, just ranked lower on volume.

It had a 50/50 blue chip ratio.

I said this over and over again **** what the "experts" say because this staff saw the talent and coached each guy to their fullest.

Having a 50/50 blue chip ratio and top three in the ACC isn't a "**** the rankings" place to be.

Btw thank Al Golden for most of that class.

Advertisement
Wait now.

Wasn't there a bunch that said that Herman is a corch, or did I misread some posts.

Anyway, interesting info on the transition year, at the same time it's also a good excuse for having a lowly ranked recruiting class.

Not a lot negatives with Herman. Yeah he had a couple bad losses at Houston, games they had no business losing. But nonetheless, I don't think it's a stretch to say is one of the top coaching prospects out there. Only potential issue is, he may fall into the smartest guy in the room trap. As long as he doesn't fall in love with his approach to analytics, and keeps an open mind, you should see some great success I would think.

This is where we see what Herman is made of. He's got a lot of work to do at Texas. He's got the big time job now, with a big-time budget, and big-time name recognition. We'll know in a couple of years where this is headed.
Herman's success his first year will be in large part due to Charlie Strong's recruiting...

Say what you want about Strong, but he still managed to haul in 3 really good classes, with back to back top 10 Nationally ranked classes despite being below .500 during his entire tenure at Texas.

That team is already loaded with talent, all Herman has to do is halfway decent job of coaching'em up & he should win the Big XII with ease... Especially, with how god awful Defenses are in that conference.

Not calling Herman a Corch, I'm simply saying people (mainly the media) will be ready to crown him if Texas plays well this season, and it should be acknowledged that team is basically ready made.

Crazy to say but Golden had a good group of guys committed in the 16 class.

Shaq, Pinckney, McCloud, Richards, Jackson.

With how things have worked out Young was a monster pull. Without him CB would be in worse shape that it is now

Wait now.

Herman sure looked like a corch this year. Losing to overmatched teams earns you that nickname. Same with Corch Pertrino.

Advertisement
Wait now.

Herman's success his first year will be in large part due to Charlie Strong's recruiting...

Say what you want about Strong, but he still managed to haul in 3 really good classes, with back to back top 10 Nationally ranked classes despite being below .500 during his entire tenure at Texas.

That team is already loaded with talent, all Herman has to do is halfway decent job of coaching'em up & he should win the Big XII with ease... Especially, with how god awful Defenses are in that conference.

Not calling Herman a Corch, I'm simply saying people (mainly the media) will be ready to crown him if Texas plays well this season, and it should be acknowledged that team is basically ready made.

Absolutely. No excuses can be made for Strong not winning with that talent, but the talent is there. This is not a total rebuild job for Herman and if he does not win a decent amount in year 1 then it does not bode well for his tenure.

With how things have worked out Young was a monster pull. Without him CB would be in worse shape that it is now

amazing class and you still havent seen what mullins and others can do yet

but Corch Al Folden and his stafff couldnt corch so they would of ****ed it up anyways

After al I'm wary of coaches who talk the talk, but "we don't recruit backups" is exactly the philosophy a coach should have.

Advertisement

You think he woulda closed with all of them? please

This staff did a great job filling needs (LB - '16; OL & WR - '17) last 2 rounds. We'll see what this staff is made of this next cycle where there's not much high profile DT in the area. They gettin luckier than a dude in 3 way with 2 hotties having a plethora of DB talent down here

Advertisement
Back