Richt should be listening to Brohm from Purdue

MiamiJoe

Sophomore
Brohm when asked about first 3 games they lost said he was too conservative and decided to open up the playbook and use his weapons. We need to utilize ours as we have superior talent to Purdue but the last 4 games they are putting up big numbers

Advertisement
Brohm when asked about first 3 games they lost said he was too conservative and decided to open up the playbook and use his weapons. We need to utilize ours as we have superior talent to Purdue but the last 4 games they are putting up big numbers
More like you should’ve paid more attention to what Ohio st did or could’nt do. Since losing to a inferior opponent is what we both have in common. They couldn’t dominate the LOS and run the ball. Making them 1 dimensional. Throwing the ball 70 times. No gains and losing yards on 1dwn. Sounds familiar? Even with 5 and 4 star skill guys if the oline can’t move ppl and execute u can get beat. That Purdue environment was similar to UVA. And just like us they got beat by a energized conference opponent. Don’t make Purdue out to be some innovative world beaters bro and say we should take notes from them

I am a Purdue grad ('91) and love Brohm. Great offensive mind that molds his teams to their talent not his philosophy. Not sure if Richt can make this change at his age. Older men get very stubborn and will go to the grave with their ways. It is unfortunate because CMR is an absolute great person and a great man for the U. I just hope he will listen to all the fans, see the error in his ways and do something to change his offensive philosophy. He has to get this team into the now and not the past. The defense is there, now we need the offense to get there.
I was a big fan of the MR hiring and love the guy as a person, but I cannot keep supporting a coach that does not see the error in his ways.
My hope is that he will see and hear that a change is needed and do something different. I would love to see this man get his first NC here at The U! But......if things don't change on the offensive side of the ball and I witness what I saw against UVA for the next year or two, I cannot keep supporting him as a coach.
Here's to offensive changes by CMR and to my Cane Brethren who are still hanging in there.
Chugging Beer.jpg

How innovative do y’all think bamas O is..or mich this year which is much better than last? How about the regression at UGA?

How innovative do y’all think bamas O is..or mich this year which is much better than last? How about the regression at UGA?

I think Alabama has morphed into more of a passing attack team first with Tua vs a running attack team first with Jalen. Saban made the adjustment, albeit an easy one when you have NFL talent everywhere on the field.

Advertisement
That Purdue environment was similar to UVA

LOL no it wasn't. Where do you come up with this b-ull****? Purdue had a packed house last night that was much more energized than Virginia.
Don’t make Purdue out to be some innovative world beaters bro and say we should take notes from them

Brohm's teams have been putting up big offensive numbers for years now if you actually followed college football. He would run circles around Richt when it comes to offense.

More like you should’ve paid more attention to what Ohio st did or could’nt do. Since losing to a inferior opponent is what we both have in common. They couldn’t dominate the LOS and run the ball. Making them 1 dimensional. Throwing the ball 70 times. No gains and losing yards on 1dwn. Sounds familiar? Even with 5 and 4 star skill guys if the oline can’t move ppl and execute u can get beat. That Purdue environment was similar to UVA. And just like us they got beat by a energized conference opponent. Don’t make Purdue out to be some innovative world beaters bro and say we should take notes from them

^^^THIS.

Guaranteed after every upset like this, a segment of Miami fans will try to turn it into what Miami should be doing.

Last night's game was 100% what Ohio State—the vastly superior team—didn't do, not what the underdog did in a perfect night at home where it all came together.

Brohm's teams have been putting up big offensive numbers for years now if you actually followed college football. He would run circles around Richt when it comes to offense.

Yet he's still only the head coach at Purdue and has a very pedestrian resume.

And, yes—familiar with the Brohm family. His brother Brian also played for Louisville and was part of that 2004 game where the Canes rallied last for the win behind Hester's punt return.

LOL no it wasn't. Where do you come up with this b-ull****? Purdue had a packed house last night that was much more energized than Virginia.

Sit down bruh .Purdue is 4-3 similar to uva. And also similar to Purdue that was UVA’s homecoming game so yeah if you watched the game it was a packed house. My homboi who traveled up there for the game even said it was a packed *** environment. They put up points the last couple of weeks against sorry *** team Ds including Nebraska. And Ohio states D frankly was gassed cause the O couldn’t move the ball. Broem was there last season and that O wasn’t putting up big numbers against legit opponents as you say...look it up and don’t trip over one game

Advertisement
Yet he's still only the head coach at Purdue and has a very pedestrian resume.

And, yes—familiar with the Brohm family. His brother Brian also played for Louisville and was part of that 2004 game where the Canes rallied last for the win behind Hester's punt return.

Lol ok. He had three straight years where his team was top 5 in yards per play before he went to Purdue. He has them in the top 11 of yards per play this year. His offensive mind is five levels above Richt's. But keep believing Richt is an offensive genius. Congrats that you know Brohm's brother!

Sit down bruh .Purdue is 4-3 similar to uva. And also similar to Purdue that was UVA’s homecoming game so yeah if you watched the game it was a packed house. My homboi who traveled up there for the game even said it was a packed *** environment. They put up points the last couple of weeks against sorry *** team Ds including Nebraska. And Ohio states D frankly was gassed cause the O couldn’t move the ball. Broem was there last season and that O wasn’t putting up big numbers against legit opponents as you say...look it up and don’t trip over one game

Lol

I think Alabama has morphed into more of a passing attack team first with Tua vs a running attack team first with Jalen. Saban made the adjustment, albeit an easy one when you have NFL talent everywhere on the field.
Along with the best bama oline we’ve seen in the last couple of years. My point is yes bama is playin to the elite guy they have outside. But when they need to they can run the ball whenever they want. They don’t have mental mistakes and execute. But they aren’t running some brand new innovative o. Plus Tua is the real deal

Advertisement
Moore has over 65 touches this season. Jeff Thomas has 17 lol
They use Moore way diff then we use Jeff. He fits that type of role. He’s not a true WR like Jeff. I’ve watched at least 3 of his games and he seems like a Percy Harvin type. And frankly we have more weapons other than Jeff that can get it done. We have more mouths to feed. I get the premise of what your saying. Get your best players the ball. We need to do a better job of that not only for Thomas but BJ, DJ and Travis. But for us it all starts up front

WKU yards per play (bolded with Brohm)

2012: 38th
2013: 29th
2014: 5th
2015: 3rd
2016: 1st

2017: 96th
2018: 100th

Purdue yard per play (bolded with Brohm)

2014: 106th
2015: 115th
2016: 112th
2017: 67th
2018: 9th

Some of you guys need to open your eyes and see real coaching talent. Brohm is one of the best offensive coaches in the nation.

Some of you guys need to open your eyes and see real coaching talent. Brohm is one of the best offensive coaches in the nation.

Post more.

Advertisement

Looking at his illustrious Purdue resume he wouldn’t have made it past year 4 to Have a chance in year 5 here..but it seems like he was allowed time to change the culture get his own players and finally see results🤔..yea bro our fanbase doesn’t allow that lol..but in all seriousness I know a guy in tally. Offensive guru. The gulf coast O innovator..better rep around cfb than this guy..what do u think of him

Looking at his illustrious Purdue resume he wouldn’t have made it past year 4 to Have a chance in year 5 here..but it seems like he was allowed time to change the culture get his own players and finally see results🤔..yea bro our fanbase doesn’t allow that lol..but in all seriousness I know a guy in tally. Offensive guru. The gulf coast O innovator..better rep around cfb than this guy..what do u think of him

What? He's in year 2 at Purdue. He took an offense in the 100s and a year and a half later they are top 10. Imagine that.

The years that are in bold are the years he has been head coach there sherlock. He is in year 2. Can you not ******* read? The reason the poster put the years he wasn't the head coach of those teams is to illustrate how much better the teams are when he is at the helm.

Last edited:
What? He's in year 2 at Purdue. He took an offense in the 100s and a year and a half later they are top 10. Imagine that.
At Purdue and wku..I think y’all overreacting to one game where Ohio st we the bed. Our fans always do this after they see a upset. “We should be doing that”. Do u think that O works with nobody blocking? Cause that’s our problem here.

Advertisement
Back