Richt Play Calling...Moving Towards Chess Grand Master

Jeeperaf

Sophomore
Great play calling by Richt today...never let his foot off the gas...up early to avoid drama late...also compliments Diaz D scheme thats built to best perform with opposing O trying to play catchup...

Utilized vertical game when it was there...

Utilized RPO game when it was there (for what 20 plays in a row??)...

Utilized run game when it was there...

Fun to watch Hurricane football again with competence in the scheme and calls...

App St D did not have a consistent answer for the capabilities Miami threw at them...

Richt is only going to get stronger as the season progresses...

Go Canes.

Advertisement
I do like that he'll keep calling the same play over and over when it's there....

No reason not to....

Advertisement
Playcalling was good today I agree. Wasn't impressed with the playcalling vs FAU but was impressed today. Very impressed by Manny Diaz so far. I was lukewarm on Diaz at the team of his hiring. But so far he has been a spectacular DC.

I will say that I am very unimpressed with Searles so far. Ironically he was one of the hires I was originally most impressed with. I'll cut him a bit of slack because Kehoe was well known to be an awful recruiter.

We beat three sub-par opponents, let's calm down.

With that said, the play calling was much better and we clearly need to stick with spreading the ball around.

Playcalling was good today I agree. Wasn't impressed with the playcalling vs FAU but was impressed today. Very impressed by Manny Diaz so far. I was lukewarm on Diaz at the team of his hiring. But so far he has been a spectacular DC.

I will say that I am very unimpressed with Searles so far. Ironically he was one of the hires I was originally most impressed with. I'll cut him a bit of slack because Kehoe was well known to be an awful recruiter.

i'd argue that FAU was very subtly his best playcalling this year bc he made adjustments based on the teams struggles and they WORKED.

One of the most refreshing things I've seen in a minute from a Miami team.

i'd argue that FAU was very subtly his best playcalling this year bc he made adjustments based on the teams struggles and they WORKED.

One of the most refreshing things I've seen in a minute from a Miami team.
this!
He put up 38 with nickel and dime bubble screens. He did this for his qb and ol who were both struggling. Adjustments and taking not only what you're given, but what you're capable of executing.

Advertisement
Coach Richts in game adjustments have been so perfect with the flow of the game. He's the type that's going to get even better the more games we play. He knows how to take advantage of our strengths and our versatility keeps defenses scrambling. Especially when he just decides to go no huddle all of a sudden in the middle of the drive, App st was not prepared for that at all

Why are people complaining about play calling?

Who cares about opponents? Clemson played South Carolina state and dropped 59. Is app state only 14 better than SC state?

Golden and them played cupcakes too and played Savannah state

No Miami team has ever scored more through three games ever and there has been plenty of cupcakes played in the past. Let's just keep riding it out

I knew we were in trouble when during the pregame segment, Kirby and that ****** Fowler (he jinxed our kicker by saying he had kicked 72 straight kicks without a miss) said that Richt had not treated the game during the week like a special game or even during his pre-game speech. That reeks of pussiedom.

Say what you want about Butch Davis, but you can bet your *** that he would've had these dudes prepared knowing that this is the one game all year long that we CANNOT lose. Richt showed that he is soft. Way too nice a guy in a business where the winners (best coaches) are @$$holes.

Advertisement
MR called the offensive played tonight did not he? when Kaayla threw the pick on a blanked covered man it he woukld have thrown it away it would have been 16-7 with a short FG and deflated them even more....MR could not adapt during the game and Kaayla is not NFL material right now...he is in no way a Carsen Weintz at Philly.

That freshman QB can thrown on the run..Kaayla cannot throw on the run...the freshman QB was willing to take the hits for the completion and the game plan developed for his was much better.

I knew we were in trouble when during the pregame segment, Kirby and that ****** Fowler (he jinxed our kicker by saying he had kicked 72 straight kicks without a miss) said that Richt had not treated the game during the week like a special game or even during his pre-game speech. That reeks of pussiedom.

Say what you want about Butch Davis, but you can bet your *** that he would've had these dudes prepared knowing that this is the one game all year long that we CANNOT lose. Richt showed that he is soft. Way too nice a guy in a business where the winners (best coaches) are @$$holes.

It's all about scheme, not some rah rah speech in pre game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back