Richt picks Miami to lose bowl game

One of the worst things about Diaz's tenure is that it's already getting everybody to forget that Richt sucked too. Not even 12 months after Richt's resignation.

Richt was a great person. But as a coach, he was going downhill. I don't think he would have been able to even achieve the "success" of 2016-2017 again with the Banda/Patke combo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s a shame he didn’t cede control of the offense to an OC and hire a legit DC to replace Diaz once he left.

He was by far the best coach we’ve had since since Butch.

With two solid coordinators, we could’ve been really good.
Would have loved to have had him when he was fresh and healthy following Butch.

If this ain’t rock bottom, I don’t wanna see it. Just end the **** season already sheesh.

Will be way worse , players don't want to be there mind set is at FIU game still blood still in the water LT does not want to be the one to lose to us plus we think the U on our helmets will magically do something whatever that is.

Anyway this is a very very bad game for us , LT will tempo the heck out of us blitz like crazy players will give up after LT scores first.

31 LT- low to mid teens your guess for us

Advertisement
Mark Helfrich wanted the job, and Richt didnt even have to fire anyone. Say what you want about him protecting his son, but imo he did the opposite, his selfishness to call plays to satisfy himself screwed his football team and his son. If his son was working under Mark Helfrich, he wouldnt be running HS QB camps.

Bingo.

Relly

Dog chit smells a LOT worse than horse chit.....It's that Carnivore/Herbivore thing

I've been unfortunate enough to have stepped in both.....so I know my chit.......BTW Diaz is always Dog chit in ANY analogy

You DON'T ever want to step in any kind of chit...but if it happens .....hope that it's some Herbivore chit

That's some good chit to know
Ever had cat crap between your toes? That's really, really bad.

It’s a shame he didn’t cede control of the offense to an OC and hire a legit DC to replace Diaz once he left.

He was by far the best coach we’ve had since since Butch.

With two solid coordinators, we could’ve been really good.
I sort of agree with his. Some of his decisions were head scratching, though. Remember when Diaz took the Temple job? Before Richt stepped down, he legit appointed Patke and Banda as co-defensive coordinators. That would have been an absolute travesty.

Advertisement
I don't see why this is thread worthy. Most think Miami will lose
Only because it's the head coach our current failure of a head coach replaced. Diaz took a lot of subtle jabs at the O a year ago, now Richt is giving some back.

Advertisement
If this ain’t rock bottom, I don’t wanna see it. Just end the **** season already sheesh.
I can't disagree with his pick. He's actually being pretty generous with our score seeing how our offense has performed miserably over the past several weeks. Nobody in their right minds would choose us to win especially when so many guys are electing not to play in this meaningless game.

Only because it's the head coach our current failure of a head coach replaced. Diaz took a lot of subtle jabs at the O a year ago, now Richt is giving some back.

Not necessarily but I don't think you're far off. I also think we'll lose our at least it'll be really close only because I think the staff is going to play a lot of young players to give them burn in a 'big' game to get them ready for next year.

But who knows

Mark Helfrich wanted the job, and Richt didnt even have to fire anyone. Say what you want about him protecting his son, but imo he did the opposite, his selfishness to call plays to satisfy himself screwed his football team and his son. If his son was working under Mark Helfrich, he wouldnt be running HS QB camps.
You got it.

Advertisement
When your coaching search doesn’t even make it off campus 3 of the last 5 hires... this is what you get. 2 of those 3 hires off of a staff of a failed HC. No other school in the country hires like this.

So many answers to our problems out there and we continue to ignore them because we want “a Miami guy”

Not necessarily but I don't think you're far off. I also think we'll lose our at least it'll be really close only because I think the staff is going to play a lot of young players to give them burn in a 'big' game to get them ready for next year.

But who knows
I think they will play a lot of young players because all the old ones have quit.

I think they will play a lot of young players because all the old ones have quit.

That may be it as well but same result: young players get game experience and old players/old mindset are phased out. Either way, I'm not expecting a win.. It's like a glorified spring training game in my opinion

Advertisement
Back