Richt Overwhelmed...

Sigma_Cane_7

Senior
With all these decommits and Diaz leaving I got to thinking did Richt have it easy at UGA those 15 years in regards to retaining talent (player and coach). I know there are some strong boosters there so did he even have to fight for anything like apparently he should be now? I’m starting to feel Richt really might have thought highly of himself once he got this job and didn’t see all the background work done on his behalf by his last employer. These L’s we are taking he never took to this degree at UGA but it just seems like it’s not a big deal for him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes, this is the first time an assistant coach has ever left to become a head coach. This is a real shock to the college football world. Just stunning.

Advertisement
1544715626455.png

Advertisement
I bet the only thing overwhelming about the situation is the sheer number of people blowing up his phone for the job.

We will be fine.

Some advice: Stop overreacting.

Dudes been around forever. Doubt he’s feeling overwhelmed

All you people who say Richt is feeling overwhelmed are delusional. I'm sure this isn't the first time that he has lost a coach and it probably won't be the last time. He'll make a smart hire. The problem is that he won't make a smart hire on the offensive side of the ball which will ultimately prove to be his downfall.

Advertisement
I live in Atlanta. I used to always chat with Georgia fans and tell them if Richt did what he was doing at Georgia, but at Miami, we would chase him out in 5 years. 9-10 wins a year, making an SEC run every couple of years, and running a clean ship was perfectly fine for quite a while in Athens. He is proving me right so far.

We may have unrealistic expectations given the current climate of college football, but those are the expectations that have been set from our success from 83-01.

Isn’t this a good thing? That Richt hired Manny Diaz who was supposedly washed out after Texas and that he is now on his way to be HC at a now-decent Temple program? When was the last time one of our assistants became a head coach, not including the interim tag on Fisch at UCLA? The point is Richt made a great hire, let’s see if he can make another.

Advertisement
In his half comatose state he may not be cognizant of what is unfolding. We'll see.

Isn’t this a good thing? That Richt hired Manny Diaz who was supposedly washed out after Texas and that he is now on his way to be HC at a now-decent Temple program? When was the last time one of our assistants became a head coach, not including the interim tag on Fisch at UCLA? The point is Richt made a great hire, let’s see if he can make another.

Naturally it's a good thing. Remember, you're on the board that wanted the guy fired this year.

Advertisement
Back