Richt on wqam

4447092.gif

Advertisement
Rosier won't be pulled at all, he could throw 4INT's in one game & even if we were getting blown out Rosier will stay in there for every snap.

The backups were never competing for the starting job, just for QB2. But otherwise, they'll be holding clipboards this season.

You’re dead wrong.

Disagree heavily with this take. Richt strikes me as a man of integrity. He told us, the media, and those kids that they would have an opportunity to earn the job, and they still have an opportunity. No one yet has earned the job, and take it for what it is, but both Ahmmon and Jaquan today said that Rosier has really been putting in the extra work this off season to prove his doubters wrong. He attacks the drills rather than just participates. He's correcting the young guys, and really becoming vocal and showing the leadership qualities he was often lacking last season.

As much as we all were thrilled when he hit that pass vs. FSU, sometimes it's not enough to rise above the moment. Sometimes you have to possess the ability to get others to raise their game to that next level also.

One thing in his WQAM segment that stood out to me is when Richt referred to Aaron Murray as a really buttoned down, gym rat guy who came to campus with a fire and determination to compete, and he said that our young guys aren't slouches, but they hadn't shown that level of competitiveness to put in the extra work.

Take the comments from media day, and couple it with Richt ending spring camp saying the competition would be open "till the bitter end," and today saying he doesn't see anybody knocking Rosier off his spot this fall, and what it amounts to is that Rosier has busted his *** to get better, and instead of losing ground to the young guns, he's opened the gap a little wider.

I still believe, that if Richt says the competition is open until after the 2nd scrimmage, then that's what he means.

All we really learned today is that Rosier may have opened up a little bit of a lead. Let's see if getting out worked by a guy who many think isn't even D1 QB material can light a fire under one of these guys.
There is no competition for the starter & there never was one, Idc what he says to the media. The other 3 didn't get enough 1st team reps in Spring, which shows they're not ready & they're certainly not going to get those reps in Fall camp either. The backups are & have been competing for QB2 from the start.

And that's good, if they can't get ready they shouldn't play, 2019 is their opportunity.

pastor richt being very pastor'ish

I've said it before and i'll say it again, any qb who made those comments after the pitt game would never start another game on my team

What’d you expect him to say? His arm sucked and he couldn’t hit water if he fell off a boat? We take interviews way too literally around here when half of them are just coach/player speech to get the interview over with.

No matter what - Rosier is the starter vs LSU for a few reasons
- You don't ask a kid who has never started a CFB game to play his first game 1) against an SEC team 2) against one of the best D coordinators and 3) on the road
- Besides, game doesnt matter. Win the Coastal - beat fsu - beat Clemson in the ACC title game you have a 80% chance of getting to the playoffs

With that said - see you in Texas

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back