Richt on Sirius XM

A "good" reason? Try a GREAT reason.

He hasn't coordinated a **** thing in the recent history because he was never a good coordinator. Period.

Who gives a ****...It's Miami...he will continue to have play makers all around to recruit...and if he has that then I'll gladly take a crappy coordinator who needs talented players to make us a top 5 defense year in and year out because news flash (when Miami wins, we get who we want)

I give a ****. He's straight up incompetent and pretty much summarizes the incompetence that was our administration for a decade. Larry Coker, Randy Shannon, Al Golden, Patrick Nix, Mark D'Onfrio. That's a who's ****ing who of incompetent head and assistant coaches/coordinators. There's a natural progression that all the good coaches have on their resume that Randy Shannon doesn't...he was promoted by an incompetent administration from a job he was never very good at...and since then not one other program has deemed him good enough to even coordinate a **** defense at the college level

You don't go from a COORDINATOR, to a HEAD COACH, to A ****ING POSITION COACH by accident. It's called being labeled as a garbage coach once you're exposed.

Keep Randy Shannon the **** away from this program in any capacity other than a position coach....cause at this stage that's all he is.

This program has being torn down by horrible coaching for the last decade...now that we finally have a competent head coach you've got geniuses on this board still bringing up Shannon. It boggles the ****ing mind.

You should probably check the salary for a coaching staff that Shannon had. You should also check his resume as a DC. You are crazy to think he hasn't been offered a coordinator job since 2010.
Mel Tucker just got hired to be the DC at UGA, let me know whose coaching for DEFENSE went worse on that end.

Again, find a LB coach with a better resume, find a DC who is consistently better than the defenses fielded with him as a DC

Dude is a major blow hard. I understand Randy sucked as a HC but he is cane family and has done waaay more for this university than anyone on this board. Dude has given a 3rd of his life to this school. Anyone that can go that hard to condemn a guy and **** on his name cant be trusted or even called a Cane fan.

His only argument I that Randy isn't coaching a defense right now. Nevermind that its RANDYS CHOICE. Nevermind that he cant name 10 coordinators better or with better résumé.

Dude strictly has an agenda against Randy Shannon. And only dumbass *** clowns agree with him. Not one intelligent poster has cosigned his bashing of Randy Shannon. It's unwarranted and shows that he is probably more racist than anything.

Why would UCF consider Randy for head coaching job? That's proof enough that the man is getting offered jobs. As if Randy couldn't go work for some bum *** school. But good coaches dont do that.

They'd rather position coach at a big contender than head coach or coordinate at bumfuq university.

But some of these dudes have an agenda.

Only thing I can think of I racism. Cuz logic doesn't fly in his brain at all.

Who's UCF? Randy is just not HC material. He floundered worse than golden in recruiting sfl outside his 1st overated class which he squandered their talent anyway. Being from SFL and and being black shouldve given him an enormous advantage over golden but he wasted it and left our roster in shambles. If he ever gets a HC job again ot will be a tier 3 job at best. If you fail at miami itll set your career back 20 years.

Look at cokers career arc.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You should probably check the salary for a coaching staff that Shannon had. You should also check his resume as a DC. You are crazy to think he hasn't been offered a coordinator job since 2010.
Mel Tucker just got hired to be the DC at UGA, let me know whose coaching for DEFENSE went worse on that end.

Again, find a LB coach with a better resume, find a DC who is consistently better than the defenses fielded with him as a DC

So do you think he's just been turning those offers down just to coach LB's for all these years?

Umm yeah, he said it himself. Said he didn't want to take any job just to take it. Said he wanted to gain some more tips and network with good coaches across the country
Lol I've been turning down head coaching jobs too. Just waiting for the right moment and learning from sportcenter as I go.[/]

Well excuse me If I trust cane family whose has a reputation of hard work and honesty, who has at least had their job inquiries publicized over someone trying to make corny *** jokes on the message boards.
Lol come on man. Randy Shannon got the Coker treatment. The early 2000 teams were so talented that all these career position coaches were thought to be something special. But those players moved on and we saw that the coaches were just riding their coattails. It's not a bad deal for Shannon/Coker. They got millions and a decent career out of it. We were the fools that believed they were special when they never were. But we learn from our mistakes and move on. Move on man. He's a Gator now and he's gonna ride McElwins train until it explodes in three years.

So do you think he's just been turning those offers down just to coach LB's for all these years?

Umm yeah, he said it himself. Said he didn't want to take any job just to take it. Said he wanted to gain some more tips and network with good coaches across the country
Lol I've been turning down head coaching jobs too. Just waiting for the right moment and learning from sportcenter as I go.[/]

Well excuse me If I trust cane family whose has a reputation of hard work and honesty, who has at least had their job inquiries publicized over someone trying to make corny *** jokes on the message boards.
Lol come on man. Randy Shannon got the Coker treatment. The early 2000 teams were so talented that all these career position coaches were thought to be something special. But those players moved on and we saw that the coaches were just riding their coattails. It's not a bad deal for Shannon/Coker. They got millions and a decent career out of it. We were the fools that believed they were special when they never were. But we learn from our mistakes and move on. Move on man. He's a Gator now and he's gonna ride McElwins train until it explodes in three years.

All I'm saying is that the man can coach a **** defense. Fuq him as a HC. I don't care about that. That's what Randy wants. But no one can deny he isn't a good defensive coach.

Co-defensive coordinator, lb coach and associate head coach, I'm pretty sure, is his title. It's known he turned down the dc position at Maryland, he was interviewed at ucf, Michigan fans say he was considered for DC by harbaugh.

So obviously the man is still a desired coach, and that's all the fuq I'm saying.

Who gives a ****...It's Miami...he will continue to have play makers all around to recruit...and if he has that then I'll gladly take a crappy coordinator who needs talented players to make us a top 5 defense year in and year out because news flash (when Miami wins, we get who we want)

I give a ****. He's straight up incompetent and pretty much summarizes the incompetence that was our administration for a decade. Larry Coker, Randy Shannon, Al Golden, Patrick Nix, Mark D'Onfrio. That's a who's ****ing who of incompetent head and assistant coaches/coordinators. There's a natural progression that all the good coaches have on their resume that Randy Shannon doesn't...he was promoted by an incompetent administration from a job he was never very good at...and since then not one other program has deemed him good enough to even coordinate a **** defense at the college level

You don't go from a COORDINATOR, to a HEAD COACH, to A ****ING POSITION COACH by accident. It's called being labeled as a garbage coach once you're exposed.

Keep Randy Shannon the **** away from this program in any capacity other than a position coach....cause at this stage that's all he is.

This program has being torn down by horrible coaching for the last decade...now that we finally have a competent head coach you've got geniuses on this board still bringing up Shannon. It boggles the ****ing mind.

Dude is a major blow hard. I understand Randy sucked as a HC but he is cane family and has done waaay more for this university than anyone on this board. Dude has given a 3rd of his life to this school. Anyone that can go that hard to condemn a guy and **** on his name cant be trusted or even called a Cane fan.

His only argument I that Randy isn't coaching a defense right now. Nevermind that its RANDYS CHOICE. Nevermind that he cant name 10 coordinators better or with better résumé.

Dude strictly has an agenda against Randy Shannon. And only dumbass *** clowns agree with him. Not one intelligent poster has cosigned his bashing of Randy Shannon. It's unwarranted and shows that he is probably more racist than anything.

Why would UCF consider Randy for head coaching job? That's proof enough that the man is getting offered jobs. As if Randy couldn't go work for some bum *** school. But good coaches dont do that.

They'd rather position coach at a big contender than head coach or coordinate at bumfuq university.

But some of these dudes have an agenda.

Only thing I can think of I racism. Cuz logic doesn't fly in his brain at all.

Who's UCF? Randy is just not HC material. He floundered worse than golden in recruiting sfl outside his 1st overated class which he squandered their talent anyway. Being from SFL and and being black shouldve given him an enormous advantage over golden but he wasted it and left our roster in shambles. If he ever gets a HC job again ot will be a tier 3 job at best. If you fail at miami itll set your career back 20 years.

Look at cokers career arc.

I'm not defending his Head coaching ability. Just his defensive coaching.

I mention him being interviewed for head coaching gigs to prove he is still a commodity as a coach.

Not sure Randy was a great D-coordinator. Those Miami teams were loaded, and had playmaker all over the defensive side. There's a good reason why he can't seem to get another shot as a coordinator.

Lol u don't think Randy can get another shot as a DC if he wanted to? And when had a great DC not had great talent to work with? Explain how Randy wasn't the best DC in UM history again bc I missed it??

Advertisement
Never mind I don't wanna go back and forth with this stupid **** again.... Randy Shannon was one of the best DCs in CFB simple as that.

That's kind of my point though.
Miami is in the hotbed of special talent, to pair with Mark Richt being a really good recruiter nationally and locally.
If Shannon NEEDS talent to have us be a top defense, then we would be fine because we will always have that talent. We've seen what he has done with the players once he has them. His abilities as a position coach can't be denied. He is the Coach Kool of Linebackers, except not as many first round picks, but definitely some tremendous NFL production (4 pro bowl LB's under him). I'm not saying he is the holy grail DC, but it's all about fit, and Randy Shannon, as a DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR, and under Mark Richt, would be a good fit IMO.
But the original staff that I was hoping for, was to have:

Diaz as DC
(Insert name here) as Secondary Coach
Shannon as LB/Co-DC (Pretty much same role as he has at UF)
Coach Kul as DL Coach

Regardless, I'll say it again...If Mel Tucker can be made a DC again after the **** storm he ran EVERY year, don't see why some of you seriously believe Shannon hasn't been asked to do it again.

That's kind of my point though.
Miami is in the hotbed of special talent, to pair with Mark Richt being a really good recruiter nationally and locally.
If Shannon NEEDS talent to have us be a top defense, then we would be fine because we will always have that talent. We've seen what he has done with the players once he has them. His abilities as a position coach can't be denied. He is the Coach Kool of Linebackers, except not as many first round picks, but definitely some tremendous NFL production (4 pro bowl LB's under him). I'm not saying he is the holy grail DC, but it's all about fit, and Randy Shannon, as a DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR, and under Mark Richt, would be a good fit IMO.
But the original staff that I was hoping for, was to have:

Diaz as DC
(Insert name here) as Secondary Coach
Shannon as LB/Co-DC (Pretty much same role as he has at UF)
Coach Kul as DL Coach

Regardless, I'll say it again...If Mel Tucker can be made a DC again after the **** storm he ran EVERY year, don't see why some of you seriously believe Shannon hasn't been asked to do it again.
No, it isn't that Shannon just needs great players. Shannon had great players that padded his resume. Coaches are supposed to take decent players to new levels. Shannon isn't anything special. His players were special. Give any coach the players Shannon had and they'd look like a genius.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

All I'm saying is that the man can coach a **** defense. Fuq him as a HC. I don't care about that. That's what Randy wants. But no one can deny he isn't a good defensive coach.

Co-defensive coordinator, lb coach and associate head coach, I'm pretty sure, is his title. It's known he turned down the dc position at Maryland, he was interviewed at ucf, Michigan fans say he was considered for DC by harbaugh.

So obviously the man is still a desired coach, and that's all the fuq I'm saying.

A lot of coaches are thirsty to have a SFL guy on their staff for obvious recruiting purposes. Coaching ability aside.

Advertisement
I still have nightmares of Craig Krenzel running for 1st downs on 3rd and long in the Fiasco Bowl. Not one adjustment to that all game from Randy. Linebackers with their backs to the line of scrimmage in man coverage all **** game on 3rd down.

I still have nightmares of Craig Krenzel running for 1st downs on 3rd and long in the Fiasco Bowl. Not one adjustment to that all game from Randy. Linebackers with their backs to the line of scrimmage in man coverage all **** game on 3rd down.

Amen to that.

Advertisement
Back