Richt on QAM this morning...

Advertisement
i heard the interview. he said he he thinks the spread is working but ran spread sets with TE in the wide out position.

bottom line is he didnt hint at any changes. he also named perry the starter for the bowl game.
Okie St. did it for years with Pettegrew, et.al at TE. You can absolutely run TE out of spread

Same exact **** we heard from Golden and D'Onofrio to defend their awful defensive scheme.

And look where those two ******** are now.

It is mind boggling we are dealing with this again. Blake James should be fired for the handcuffing this program to this stubborn old man with the extension.

Because the O IS NOT WORKING!!!! Jeez, none of us would care if we ran the **** flying wedge, IF IT WORKED. The problem with Richt's O is that it does not move the chains. It does not score points. It does not even do enough to help the D with field position.

I’m sure he was just answering a question about style of offense though I don’t think his comment had anything to do with whether or not he is satisfied with the production he’s getting on the offensive side of the ball.

Advertisement
He actually said he liked spreading it out (and he wasn't talking but Mrs. Richt, either).

LMAO! Nice one.

If Richt likes the potential of the spread for our Offense, then he should do the smart thing and go out and find the best **** OC available who can come install it for him. That's what the smart HC does. But Richt thinks he's George Seifert 2.0 so he will try to do it himself...

Advertisement
LMAO! Nice one.

If Richt likes the potential of the spread for our Offense, then he should do the smart thing and go out and find the best **** OC available who can come install it for him. That's what the smart HC does. But Richt thinks he's George Seifert 2.0 so he will try to do it himself...
Could not agree more. I just posted something similar on the recruiting forum (see below)

I'm glad that Richt is open to adopting a spread offensive scheme. I just hope it's someone else's scheme with that same someone calling the plays.

Richt's mic on his headset should be muted until the ball is snapped. Sorry, Richt.....but it's straight listen mode for you, good sir!

Mark Richt should see first hand what a good coordinator can do, because he has one on his own team. So why is it the players on D can execute on a high level, week after week, but his O can't do it one game? It's the scheme. Just like when Coach D' Onofrio tried to say it was the players, not his system. Well, maybe in a perfect world, if everything goes exactly right, the plays might work. In the real world of football, get this, players make mistakes. The best schemes are those that allow a player or two to make mistakes without destroying the chance of the play working. Richt's O relies on everything being perfect, and that will never happen. Also, if a play DOES work, it's often not explosive enough to make a difference, or is followed by 3 plays that don't. I'd take a success rate of 25%, if we're talking big plays. Right now Richt's O is far less successful, and anything but explosive. It's a recipe for disaster.

I'd upvote this 10 times if I could. Richt's old *** run-heavy, conservative schemes will work as they did at UGA. But he does not have anywhere close to the punishing, bully OL he'd need to have to be able to run at will as he'd like to. And we don't yet have workhorse RBs who can carry the load and take the punishment 20+ carries a game. So he keeps forcing something that does not work then he's stuck on 3rd Down and long forcing the QB to have to come up with a miracle to save the drive.

Even when you have the personnel to be run-heavy, what do you do when you face a fast-strike team and all of a sudden you look up and you're down by 17+ points and need to get back into the game? We came back and beat FSU once our Defense went ape &hit and Kosi started slinging it.

College football is a passing league today - just like the NFL. Pass to setup the run. Saban, Meyer and Dabo all have seen the light. All except for Richt...

Advertisement
We needed to finish 5-7. I'm fearful Richt will try to spin things and use these last 3 games to convince us (really himself) that he can still be a good play caller if he just uses more spread.

If he does keep himself at OC he'll spend the entire off-season convincing the media and fans that he has installed a new (old) "spread" system that will look, feel, and produce just like this one.

I’m paraphrasing here but the two points he made that really ****ed me off:

- as long as the offense is scoring points and getting first downs the style and formation of the offense doesn’t matter

- Jeff Thomas - basically said it wasn’t “working” for both sides and Jeff wasnt going to play here anymore
He needs to be fired now. Our administration and his bosses have slurped him into a big head and supposed impenetrable job security. He thinks he’s bigger than the U, his whim is non-negotiationable and whats best without need of counsel, just like our last narcissistic coach.

Advertisement
If he will give Kingsberry the freedom that he gave Manny, he could turn this team around next year. We have an easier schedule next year than we do this year.
Kinda ironic when you compare and contrast the offense vs defense when he gives free reign to someone else

Advertisement
Back