Richt on his $1M donation, his camp format, and Mark Walton

View as article
Advertisement
He is a master at the recruiting game - Jedi level coach speak in that article. He's saying all the right things - all in, finishing my career here, etc. No way this guy doesn't have success here - no way. I'm slowly emerging from my bunker and starting to believe again.

He is a master at the recruiting game - Jedi level coach speak in that article. He's saying all the right things - all in, finishing my career here, etc. No way this guy doesn't have success here - no way. I'm slowly emerging from my bunker and starting to believe again.

I like how it's not just he'd like to finish at Miami, it's that he WILL finish at Miami. He did pretty well at Georgia. He'll tear it up in Miami.

I think he will finish up here - 10 to 12 years and then he'll ride off into the sunset - hopefully after having won a couple of championships in that time....

He knows what he's doing, that's quite obvious - and refreshing....

Advertisement
Video is posted on youtube, can't seem to get the link to post from my phone.

He is a 100% upgrade over Golden. He will win big here. He know what it takes and he seems so excited to be here and have a fresh start.

Oh ****, Pete starting to become a regular at the Miami Herald, appreciate your still bringing the info to us for free!

It's great to hear how much Coach Richt wants to make Miami great again. Hope he gets the support he deserves.

I think it's great he doesn't want to wear out our coaching staff. These guys already spend tons of time away from their wives and kids as it is. Like he said in the article it's about getting kids on campus. And if you can't even get a kid to entertain a visit through regular recruiting visits/channels to begin with you're going to see little payoff I feel.

I think he understands that recruiting is like economics, there is a point of diminishing returns where the gain is not worth the pain. And that's why I love his commitment to making the campus even better.

Advertisement
He's all in, and so am I. I'm so thankful we have a coach that is dead serious about staying here. The revolving door has ended for possibly 15-20 years. When Richt leaves, we will then be able to go get a top name. This hire is one that I wish would have happened 15.5 years sooner.

Advertisement
Back