Richt looking like his old mentor

White man with bad skin for the South Florida sun. Really no good options other than the Panama hat to protect the expanding dome and back of your ears.

Advertisement
Worst thing that ever happened to Bowden was Miami going on probation. He got to the point where he no longer had to coach because, like he said before the 1999 season, "I don't really have to coach anymore. If you've got the fastest horses you're going to win the dog-gone race." Before Miami's probation he didn't have the fastest horses. Well, he might have, but he had to coach the heck out of them to compete with Miami. I think Bowden was shocked that Miami came back as strong, and as fast as they did. He was never the same after that 2000 loss.

Worst thing that ever happened to Bowden was Miami going on probation. He got to the point where he no longer had to coach because, like he said before the 1999 season, "I don't really have to coach anymore. If you've got the fastest horses you're going to win the dog-gone race." Before Miami's probation he didn't have the fastest horses. Well, he might have, but he had to coach the heck out of them to compete with Miami. I think Bowden was shocked that Miami came back as strong, and as fast as they did. He was never the same after that 2000 loss.

No, the worst thing that happened to Bowden was losing Richt and Amato. Totally killed team and staff chemistry. Bowden leaned on and trusted both. After they left, the inmates started running the asylum.

Advertisement

No, the worst thing that happened to Bowden was losing Richt and Amato. Totally killed team and staff chemistry. Bowden leaned on and trusted both. After they left, the inmates started running the asylum.

This so true! This is the same thing that happened to Miami, it wasn't Corker being hired the as head coach, it was corker firing half the staff that was major contributors to the recruiting success and coaching that started the down fall of our football program around this same time period!

Last edited:
Any white man needs to cover his ears and head if they are in the sun for hours on end, or they will end up with terrible, terrible skin. Glad I learned this in my 20s.
White man with bad skin for the South Florida sun. Really no good options other than the Panama hat to protect the expanding dome and back of your ears.

Advertisement
Back