Richt, James, and Chryst speak at Pinstripe Bowl Presser

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Finishing the season on a 2 game winning streak, the Miami Hurricanes ended 2018 at 7-5 and headed to the Pinstripe Bowl in New York. Not quite where the Canes expected to be entering the year, but head coach Mark Richt feels the trip to the Big Apple and playing in Yankee Stadium will be a great experience for his team and expressed as much at the Pinstripe Bowl press conference.

The highlights of the planned activities for each team in New York will include: A visit to Radio City Music Hall for the Christmas show, ice skating and a comedy show at Lincoln Center, representatives from each team ringing the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange, and a visit to the 9/11 Memorial.

“First of all, a couple of games ago we were 5-5 and just trying to make it to a bowl, period,” Richt said. “Now knowing we’re going to New York, I’m sure it’s going to be a lot of fun for our players. A bunch of guys have never been. I just happened to be here recruiting anyway.”

UM will matchup against Wisconsin, a team that also started the season in the preseason top 10 before ending a disappointing 7-5. Despite residing in Big 10 country, the Badgers are a familiar foe as many Miami fans know: the Canes just played UW in the Orange Bowl last season, falling 34-24 to Paul Chryst’s squad.

“To play Wisconsin again, it’s rare to play anybody back-to-back in bowls,” Richt said. “You go through the history of the bowl season, I don’t know how many times that’s happened. We played a great team last season, fell short. You’re playing Wisconsin, you’re playing a great team used to winning. We’re used to winning, too - it’ll be a challenge for us. Media will be talking about payback, but our guys will be excited for the bowl experience and playing a great team.”

**On spending the bowl season in New York, Miami Athletic Director Blake James feels that the fanbase is excited for the new opportunity – most of Miami’s bowl game in recent years have been in the southeast.

“The fans are excited about it. I’ve gotten a lot of calls that are excited for us to be here,” James said. "We’re excited to be part of the game.”

When asked about the current state of the Miami program coming off a down season, James said he thinks the best is yet to come.

“The program is continuing to build,” James said. “This year didn’t go necessarily as we wanted - you never want to lose games, but we’re building something special. Ever since Mark came on board, he’s been building the foundation. We’re going to use this season to continue to build for the future.”

**As the Badgers prepare for the Pinstripe Bowl, Wisconsin head coach Paul Chryst said he sees playing Miami as a challenge his team is ready for.

“Our players are certainly excited, appreciative to be playing in the Pinstripe Bowl. This is a great opportunity,” Chryst said. “The challenge of playing Miami, our kids are excited. A chance to come to New York, we have a few players on our roster from this year. New York is that city you see in the movies, feel like you’ve been here even though you haven’t. We’re excited for all the different things that come with playing in it. You’re talking about playing in Yankee Stadium, it’s still one of those iconic stadiums.”

Does Wisconsin have the edge due to being used to playing in cold weather games?

“Certainly we’re used to it, but what’s beautiful about the game is it comes down to what happens between the lines,” Chryst said.

Advertisement
Because most decent bowl games are in the south, James. Hey, maybe we can have another crappy season just to try to get back to the blue carpet bowl. None of our current players have been there, either.

Advertisement
“The program is continuing to build,” James said. “This year didn’t go necessarily as we wanted - you never want to lose games, but we’re building something special. Ever since Mark came on board, he’s been building the foundation. We’re going to use this season to continue to build for the future.”

each day this foundation is settling more than the tower of pisa....Nonuts Jamieson will find out when it falls on his noggin'.

Man before the season started I had started a thread how the preseason prediction if this sht bowl was disrespectful. Man what a shtty season. An utter failure.

But I live outside philly and Since I have beaten wife syndrome with Miami I’ll be at this bowl watching our 4 plays and get whipped by Wisconsin

Advertisement
Man before the season started I had started a thread how the preseason prediction if this sht bowl was disrespectful. Man what a shtty season. An utter failure.

But I live outside philly and Since I have beaten wife syndrome with Miami I’ll be at this bowl watching our 4 plays and get whipped by Wisconsin
Make sure you wear your U Wife Beater no matter how cold it is

Nau Nau

On this episode of the Mork and Mindy Show, starring Mork, played by Mork Rick and Mindy, played by James Blake try to convince the UM fans that a football foundation is being laid. Watch as they lie to the fans and laugh in their face.

However, the fans are leary of such claims because in the past they were told a foundation was being built "brick by brick".

Be sure to follow all the hijinks and laugh along as Mork and Mindy make one asinine decision after another as they destroy a once proud football program.

The so called foundation Richtirement is laying decommitted or decided to play for winning programs. I for one won’t be traveling to New York in December. Hard pass.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All I got out of the thread title is this

1360037449_rickjames.jpg

Finishing the season on a 2 game winning streak, the Miami Hurricanes ended 2018 at 7-5 and headed to the Pinstripe Bowl in New York. Not quite where the Canes expected to be entering the year, but head coach Mark Richt feels the trip to the Big Apple and playing in Yankee Stadium will be a great experience for his team and expressed as much at the Pinstripe Bowl press conference.

The highlights of the planned activities for each team in New York will include: A visit to Radio City Music Hall for the Christmas show, ice skating and a comedy show at Lincoln Center, representatives from each team ringing the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange, and a visit to the 9/11 Memorial.

“First of all, a couple of games ago we were 5-5 and just trying to make it to a bowl, period,” Richt said. “Now knowing we’re going to New York, I’m sure it’s going to be a lot of fun for our players. A bunch of guys have never been. I just happened to be here recruiting anyway.”

UM will matchup against Wisconsin, a team that also started the season in the preseason top 10 before ending a disappointing 7-5. Despite residing in Big 10 country, the Badgers are a familiar foe as many Miami fans know: the Canes just played UW in the Orange Bowl last season, falling 34-24 to Paul Chryst’s squad.

“To play Wisconsin again, it’s rare to play anybody back-to-back in bowls,” Richt said. “You go through the history of the bowl season, I don’t know how many times that’s happened. We played a great team last season, fell short. You’re playing Wisconsin, you’re playing a great team used to winning. We’re used to winning, too - it’ll be a challenge for us. Media will be talking about payback, but our guys will be excited for the bowl experience and playing a great team.”

**On spending the bowl season in New York, Miami Athletic Director Blake James feels that the fanbase is excited for the new opportunity – most of Miami’s bowl game in recent years have been in the southeast.

“The fans are excited about it. I’ve gotten a lot of calls that are excited for us to be here,” James said. "We’re excited to be part of the game.”

When asked about the current state of the Miami program coming off a down season, James said he thinks the best is yet to come.

**As the Badgers prepare for the Pinstripe Bowl, Wisconsin head coach Paul Chryst said he sees playing Miami as a challenge his team is ready for.

“Our players are certainly excited, appreciative to be playing in the Pinstripe Bowl. This is a great opportunity,” Chryst said. “The challenge of playing Miami, our kids are excited. A chance to come to New York, we have a few players on our roster from this year. New York is that city you see in the movies, feel like you’ve been here even though you haven’t. We’re excited for all the different things that come with playing in it. You’re talking about playing in Yankee Stadium, it’s still one of those iconic stadiums.”

Does Wisconsin have the edge due to being used to playing in cold weather games?

“Certainly we’re used to it, but what’s beautiful about the game is it comes down to what happens between the lines,” Chryst said.

CD37D121-AF9F-4C48-B74E-E070B5CF985C.gif

Advertisement
Back