Richt is now the man to beat

Advertisement
As has been said in other threads, if he truly has the fire to win here, he would be right at the top of my list. If we're getting the Mark Richt of the past 2-3 years, no thanks.

We don't want the mark right who lost a heisman caliber RB two years in a row but still won 10 last year and 9 this year without accounting for bowl.

Three years ago he'd just gone to wire w Bama for essentially the national championship the year before and had a rebuild year and won 8.

UGA has never had prolonged success like w Richt and they're faking retards to have fired him.

Still rolling w

Gundy
Butch
Richt
Mullen
Herman

Advertisement
Ferman is a tool.

Mullen was the favorite for the job this morning....Richt this afternoon.

He's coaching the bowl game. If he wanted this job, or any other job, seems that the smart thing to do would be to leave now.

Advertisement
IfI'm Richt I'd take some time off. He has a 4.1 million dollar buy out. Stay home and collect your check and just relax before jumping back in. His record against the Turds also doesn't impress me.

His brief comment about the announcement that he is stepping down, per the Herald, was that he is "considering any other options that may present themselves in the future." Combine that with his prior comment that UM hasn't contacted him (almost a suggestion that it should), and I'd say he's interested.

As has been said in other threads, if he truly has the fire to win here, he would be right at the top of my list. If we're getting the Mark Richt of the past 2-3 years, no thanks.

Not saying Richt is the best option, but if he's interested you interview him. Georgia lost 2 game changing running backs during that period. They're a different offense if they don't lose Gurley or Chubb. As bad as you think it is, his teams still finished 27-11 and 16-8 in the SEC.

Hire Butch.
Richt as OC (he still gets the remainder of his buyout and doesn't have to worry about being CEO).
Schiano DC

Then in 3-5 years, one of the two can be the next HC with the other coordinator finding another HC job. Butch has said that he wants to build a system that continues. Hiring two former head coaches as Coordinators makes the most sense.

Advertisement
So UGA will get the guy who we should get, Herman.

And we'll get the coach they fired b/c he "has Miami ties".

Advertisement
Gary Ferman is one of the best in the business. He's one of the few third parties allowed to sit in on BoT meetings. And he has the ear of Blake. Richt comin'

my only issue with richt is that we may never reach the mountain top with him at the helm.. we'd be good year in and year out though.

Advertisement
Back