Richt fast break offense

Advertisement
His offenses at FSU were unstoppable.

FSU's early 2000 decline was directly related to Richt leaving.

In his seven years as offensive coordinator the Seminoles ranked in the nation’s top five scoring offenses on five occasions, were top twelve in total offense five times and top twelve in passing offense five times. The 2000 Seminoles offense finished the regular season ranked first nationally in total offense (549.0 yards per game), first in passing offense (384.0 ypg) and third in scoring offense (42.4 points per game).

If you recall, Richt left right before the national championship game which resulted in the Noles losing to OU.

Advertisement
In his seven years as offensive coordinator the Seminoles ranked in the nation’s top five scoring offenses on five occasions, were top twelve in total offense five times and top twelve in passing offense five times. The 2000 Seminoles offense finished the regular season ranked first nationally in total offense (549.0 yards per game), first in passing offense (384.0 ypg) and third in scoring offense (42.4 points per game).

If you recall, Richt left right before the national championship game which resulted in the Noles losing to OU.

he still coached that game, but distraction couldn't have helped anything.

Great find.

Looking forward to seeing what CMR uses here. Having a veteran QB means everything should be on the table.

Advertisement
we have the talent to run a fast paced offense, the only depth issues we have is at WR. But if mullins, bruce, and hopefully richards come in ready to play i dont think it will be as weak as people are saying.

QB -- kaaya/shirrefs/rosier
RB --- edwards/yearby/walton/homer
WR --- coley/cager/mullins/bruce/richards/berrios
TE --- njoku/herndon/dobard/irvin

that is plenty of talent for the 1st year in the new offense and the next recruiting class will just build on it. The OL should be much improved with experience from last year and a better S&C program. I'm exicted for this offense and i remember when richt was at fsu that offense was straight up nasty and had a killer mentality to drop points on you

most refreshing article i’ve read in years.

can’t wait to see richt call plays. He’s never failed while doing so. All knocks on richt come after he gave up play calling abilities

Advertisement
Once players in the southeast see what his offense will look like at Miami, all that second-guessing they are doing will come to an end. It'll be pretty clear that Al Golden isn't here anymore and that a new regime has taken over. I expect Berrios, Cager and Coley to thrive in this system.

Advertisement
I think it’s very promising that Dugans is the passing game coordinator(not sure if that’s common with wr coaches). But he played under Richt with that fast paced Florida St. offense. Good to see they will be in charge of our O, especially since Richt had so much success at FSU

Very excited for Richt to get back to running this offense! This team is going to look completely different next year! I'm already too antsy

Advertisement
Back