Richt, Dugans, and Brown in-home with Harley

I don't understand these kids who want to wait until NSD to announce because they think it'll get them more attention. "I'll really stand out if I announce my school at the same time as thousands of other kids." It's January 26th. We're a month away from college basketball games that mean ****. Four months away from NBA games that mean ****. Two months away from the MLB season kicking off. I bet if you turn on ESPN right now there is a monkey dressed up like a cowboy riding on the back of a border collie chasing Mike Golic.

There isn't **** going on. Want to have a whole day to yourself for people to talk about your pick? Want to have some show on ESPNU showing your tape while Tom Luginturd breaks down your pros and cons? Do it right now.

Let me give you an alternative view...when you have a school getting all these public announcements, they get talked about in the media and it makes an impression to other kids. NSD is a spectacle...one that could boost the flavor of certain schools. I'm sure Richt would have no problem with all these ESPN 300 kids announcing Miami in front of millions. It'll change local and national perceptions.

Those kids committing now is more likely to improve the perception of the 2017 class for unceded kids interested in Miami this year than it is to have any impact on kids making a decision in 2018. Kids' attention spans are about seven minutes long. Ten months from now nobody is going to see Richt's number on their caller ID and say, "Pfffttt I don't care about UM" and then think "Ohhhh that's right they got talked about on ESPNU back in February. Let me go ahead and take this." If Miami didn't get mentioned once and neither did a single one of their commits, you think that will hurt Miami if it wins eleven, twelve, or thirteen games next season? Will it do them any good if they only win six?

Advertisement
I don't understand these kids who want to wait until NSD to announce because they think it'll get them more attention. "I'll really stand out if I announce my school at the same time as thousands of other kids." It's January 26th. We're a month away from college basketball games that mean ****. Four months away from NBA games that mean ****. Two months away from the MLB season kicking off. I bet if you turn on ESPN right now there is a monkey dressed up like a cowboy riding on the back of a border collie chasing Mike Golic.

There isn't **** going on. Want to have a whole day to yourself for people to talk about your pick? Want to have some show on ESPNU showing your tape while Tom Luginturd breaks down your pros and cons? Do it right now.

Is your picture an accurate representation of your age? ESPNU doesn't show anyone announcing on tv at random times. UA Game and Signing Day.

I honestly doubt Harley even gets put on ESPN, but who cares. Let the kid have his moment.

They don't have guys committing on CFB Live and Recruiting Nation anymore? I'm not being a smartass because I don't ever watch either anymore but it used to be just about every day this time of year they'd have some prospect choosing on-air.

Is your picture an accurate representation of your age? ESPNU doesn't show anyone announcing on tv at random times. UA Game and Signing Day.

I honestly doubt Harley even gets put on ESPN, but who cares. Let the kid have his moment.

They don't have guys committing on CFB Live and Recruiting Nation anymore? I'm not being a smartass because I don't ever watch either anymore but it used to be just about every day this time of year they'd have some prospect choosing on-air.

I don't believe so. Certainly nobody outside their top-300 like Harley. I know basketball recruits randomly commit on ESPNU they also don't do an all-day special for basketball's signing day.

Man what's the word on McFarland

No. Stop. Tag him in another thread if you must.

If the man had info on Mac he'd be sharing it. It's only the most desired information in the entire fan base right now.

Y'all something else man I swear...... you quick to tell me I'm derailing a thread but all I do is post info on here from other boards but you allow corny a55 posts from canesinsight favorites. Whatever don't really care anymore, i see exactly how it is

Hope Harley commits and keep the momentum going

Brock...chill. u need a drink.

Ight, you right.., let me fall back

Your best post ever

Advertisement
Glad it's looking positive with Harley. Looking forward to finishing strong with him and the rest of the the Dogs!!!

Advertisement

I don't believe so. Certainly nobody outside their top-300 like Harley. I know basketball recruits randomly commit on ESPNU they also don't do an all-day special for basketball's signing day.
that because there is more than one signing day

Miami sent Mark Richt, Ron Dugans, and Thomas Brown to go in-home with receiver Mike Harley tonight.

Harley will not be taking any visits this weekend and will be signing with Miami in all likelihood.

Going out with a bang!!

No. Stop. Tag him in another thread if you must.

If the man had info on Mac he'd be sharing it. It's only the most desired information in the entire fan base right now.

Y'all something else man I swear...... you quick to tell me I'm derailing a thread but all I do is post info on here from other boards but you allow corny a55 posts from canesinsight favorites. Whatever don't really care anymore, i see exactly how it is

Hope Harley commits and keep the momentum going

Brock...chill. u need a drink.

Or well done steak.

Advertisement
What's Harleys comp? Is he dede westbrook/ John Ross fast or more of Ryan Switzer/sterling Sheppard type

I would rather see 6 more guys commit on NSD than over the course of 6 days. Most people don't pay attention until then anyways. The more guys committing on TV on NSD the better our program is perceived by everyone/potential recruits. I'm ready to Watch the Finish!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

If only there was a thread on him.

If only Pete was actively posting in that thread. Quit being a d*ckhead

So he is going to post in this thread about Harley and not the McFarland thread? WOW and you wonder why every poster on here hates you.
Stfu, I give no f_cks what anyone thinks of me on here. It ain't that deep. I come here for Pete, dmoney news and some other solids posters and that's about it.

Last edited:
Great news, Pete. Nice to see the coaches not leaving anything to chance. A-B-C.

So he is going to post in this thread about Harley and not the McFarland thread? WOW and you wonder why every poster on here hates you.
Stfu, I give no f_cks what anyone thinks of me on here. It ain't that deep. I come here for Pete, dmoney news and some other solids posters and that's about it.

Yet you are ing about Pete not posting in the McFarland thread. What a tool.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back