Richt, Diaz, Banda, Dugans at South Dade

Advertisement
There's only like 3 days left to contact recruits and these guys are hitting the 2018 class. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ***

That's common. A lot of schools take the last recruiting weekend off and use it to have JR days to get a head start on next year

Advertisement
There's only like 3 days left to contact recruits and these guys are hitting the 2018 class. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ***

At this point kids are all but decided. Who do you want them to go see in Florida?

Hoenstly, you hit up EVERY top RB in the country and see what happens. No harm in trying. There will be one kid out there that says, "Man, you see that OL they're putting together? I want to run behind THAT!" It never hurts to try.

nowadays recruiting is a yr round job. u have to look in on kids right before quiet periods to let them know u still interested, its all par for the course. plus the majority of kids they want are on campus this weekend, or elsewhere, as its the last weekend for visits, so stopping in on schools that are local so can see kids for next year isn't a bad idea, especially when most kids are on visits, or commited

Advertisement
Mark Richt, Manny Diaz, Ephraim Banda, and Ron Dugans are currently at South Dade High School.

2018 Miami commit D.J. Ivey is at South Dade, as well as 2019 WR Frank Ladson, who recently transferred from Killian.

Any idea how DJ Ivey did this past season? Is he high level enough to keep his spot given the stud CBS in the 2018 class?

Ivey missed this season with a fractured ankle but he is elite IMO. 6-1 win length and is smooth as can be. He's a take all the way. Miami thinks he is elite.

Ran track for the first time in HS last spring. Posted a nice 51.78--400m (national elite 49.50) and triple jumped 43-2 (national elite 45-0). Triple jump that distance is first year shows he has explosion.

Last edited:
Hopefully Thomas Brown's at the bank giving back half of his ridiculous salary.

Why? Because a kid decides to commit to a school in his home State? Some of yah on here beyond silly...
In part, yes. He's being paid over half a mil to recruit w the big boys and bring in the heavy hitters. Perhaps more than any other coach, he's primarily a recruiter only.

He did a phenomenal job on coaching the end.

Not so much on the recruiting end.

Advertisement
Back