Richt can overcome todays failure...

Miami Nights

Junior
By all means today was a large failure on richt's part but ultimately time will be the ultimate judge. In cfb it's not who you miss on it's who you get and what you do with those players that ultimately defines you as a coach.

Butch Davis ia a perfect example of this concept. He missed on excellent local players like Derrick Gibson but he had or got Ed Reed. Point is you can miss out on stud local guys if the guys you get are just as good or better. Time will tell if richt is that guy but the fact still remains.

In this case Nigel bethel could be our Ed reed. I'll pick on Campbell since I think he has the bigger chance to bust out of the two (curtain). If bethel can become an all conference/ all-American player down the road then Campbell won't be a loss if you will. Sure, him being on the team would definitely benefit Miami but the loss will cancel itself out if this were to occur.

DT, is a huge question mark right now. Know way around it but that can change also. Willis can be a stud, bethel can develop..same with ford. If nastys nesta can come in a help straight way Miami might be alright. On third and long you can toss some de's in the interior to rush the passer... plus they should be strong enough top stop the run if the opposition chooses to do so.

Lots of reasons to be disappointed but this will also show if richt is a true championship level coach. If he's not he don't need to be here any dam ways.

Advertisement
DT is always more important than DB. 7 v 7 gets everyone confused. The game is always about stopping the run and getting to the QB. Notre Dame has Wr open and their QB was too rushed to see them.

But, to get to the playoffs you need both. I am more upset the staff let them visit and clown us. It is one thing if the kid is leaving to get out of town. It is another to have no clue.

DT is always more important than DB. 7 v 7 gets everyone confused. The game is always about stopping the run and getting to the QB. Notre Dame has Wr open and their QB was too rushed to see them.

But, to get to the playoffs you need both. I am more upset the staff let them visit and clown us. It is one thing if the kid is leaving to get out of town. It is another to have no clue.

I don't think they clowned us. I do think they were actually considering us and wanted to give Miami a chance but...everyojr believes the **** SEC hype and having them in the national title game didn't help.

What f'ucking failure? This class is everything but a f'ucking failure.

Use search to identify terms "slurper" and "mope" because that argument is coming in 3,2,1.......

Still a #7 class that many, many schools would be THRILLED with (****, I'm a Cal grad so this is rarified air) and 2019 is off to a good start. However, for the U to compete, truly compete, with the big boys (Clemson, OSU, Bama) then days like this have to have better outcomes.

Advertisement

Sounds like you may bone taking things personnel but I get it. Today was not a good day by any stretch of the imagination but like any good/great coach Rich can prove himself worthy but what he does with the bodies he has and what he adds to it moving forward.

Just think back to early 2000's when Miami appeared to have certain roster issues. Miami missed on guys like Pat Watkins and James Carter..Carter is a guy who butch David wanted badly. They went to FSU but Miami got kids like Rolle and Sean Taylor and look what they did as players.

So Nigel Bethel is Ed Reed now?

SMH you guys are too much.

giphy.gif

Advertisement

Naw boss but you get the just don't you? If bethel can become an all-conference/all-American then the Campbell loss isn't really a loss. Switch bethel's name with Frierson or Hall same idea.

Bethel's situation reminds me of Phillip Buchanan. Back then all these big name dudes went to f's and Uf and Miami "settled" for Buchanan.

This all Mark Richt so I'm gonna sit back and see if this guy is a championship type coach because if he isn't then he needs to go plain and simple.

What? I said today was a failure not the ***** class muthafuka pay attention. Dam.

Yeah, but you are speaking out of both sides of you ***** neck, dip ****. "Today" was simply a continuation of what already existed. "Today" we finish the two signing periods with a top 10 class. D'amn!

Advertisement
If the top 2 CBs in the nation were from Columbus, OH or Tuscaloosa, AL and the local team lost out on both bet the house Meyer and Saban would clean house completely on the defensive staff.

Advertisement
Don't compare Richt to Davis when it comes to evaluations. It's not a contest.

Reed will be in the HOF, first ballot. Bethel hasn't played a single down of college ball. This is a severe reach of a comparison.

Richt has been a HC for more years than Davis. How many guys does he have (or could he have) in the HOF? Include his years as the OC at FSU if you want. There were no players in the HOF while he was their from the offense. Brooks on defense was probably there during his stint. That's it. And that's about 15 more years included.

Wilfork will be joining Reed soon enough. And there's an outside chance with James, Johnson and Wayne.

That was with scholarship reductions for at least a couple of his 5 years at Miami.

The longer it goes without championship-level play and wins - the worse it'll look for choosing Richt over Davis - if that was indeed the choice.

By all means today was a large failure on richt's part but ultimately time will be the ultimate judge. In cfb it's not who you miss on it's who you get and what you do with those players that ultimately defines you as a coach.

Butch Davis ia a perfect example of this concept. He missed on excellent local players like Derrick Gibson but he had or got Ed Reed. Point is you can miss out on stud local guys if the guys you get are just as good or better. Time will tell if richt is that guy but the fact still remains.

In this case Nigel bethel could be our Ed reed. I'll pick on Campbell since I think he has the bigger chance to bust out of the two (curtain). If bethel can become an all conference/ all-American player down the road then Campbell won't be a loss if you will. Sure, him being on the team would definitely benefit Miami but the loss will cancel itself out if this were to occur.

DT, is a huge question mark right now. Know way around it but that can change also. Willis can be a stud, bethel can develop..same with ford. If nastys nesta can come in a help straight way Miami might be alright. On third and long you can toss some de's in the interior to rush the passer... plus they should be strong enough top stop the run if the opposition chooses to do so.

Lots of reasons to be disappointed but this will also show if richt is a true championship level coach. If he's not he don't need to be here any dam ways.

He can overcome it by encouraging Rumph to go back to the NFL and hiring a capable recruiter in his place.

Naw boss but you get the just don't you? If bethel can become an all-conference/all-American then the Campbell loss isn't really a loss. Switch bethel's name with Frierson or Hall same idea.

Bethel's situation reminds me of Phillip Buchanan. Back then all these big name dudes went to f's and Uf and Miami "settled" for Buchanan.

This all Mark Richt so I'm gonna sit back and see if this guy is a championship type coach because if he isn't then he needs to go plain and simple.

Bethel is a lot like Buchanon given his speed and track background.

What? I said today was a failure not the ***** class muthafuka pay attention. Dam.

Yeah, but you are speaking out of both sides of you ***** neck, dip ****. "Today" was simply a continuation of what already existed. "Today" we finish the two signing periods with a top 10 class. D'amn!

No. That's your interpretation dummy, which is ***** retarded BTW. Miami went into the day thinking they'd add some quality defensive db prospects to roster and they whiffed. So yea.."TODAY" was a failure. Doesn't mean the class was a failure fruit pop.

Advertisement
Back