Richt ay FSU vs Richt at UGA

CaneTime01

Freshman
Banned
During Richt's time at FSU, they ran the "fast break" with Ward, Kanell, Weinke etc... Put up huge numbers. A lot of shotgun.

Didn't watch UGA as much, but seems it was more of a pro-set offense with less shotgun.

Wonder what he brings here? Would prefer the FSU version. Their offense was lethal from 1993-2000

Advertisement
bobo has been calling plays since 09 at UGA i believe. Richt says he wants to be more hands on again and call plays so I assume we're going to get the FSU version you're referring to

Bobo started calling plays in '07, Richt called them before that.

Bobo started calling plays in 2 minute drills and other circumstances in '06. Richt let Bobo call the full game against Auburn as a learning experience and they won 37-15 after previously being on a 2 game losing streak. So he let him call GTech game as a reward and they won 15-12. As a final test, he let Bobo play call the Bowl game that year and they won 31-24. After the bowl game Richt had decided that Bobo was ready to be a full time play caller.
So technically..his first full season allowing someone else to call plays was 07, but officially he started in last few games of 2006 season.

Advertisement

Bobo started calling plays in 2 minute drills and other circumstances in '06. Richt let Bobo call the full game against Auburn as a learning experience and they won 37-15 after previously being on a 2 game losing streak. So he let him call GTech game as a reward and they won 15-12. As a final test, he let Bobo play call the Bowl game that year and they won 31-24. After the bowl game Richt had decided that Bobo was ready to be a full time play caller.
So technically..his first full season allowing someone else to call plays was 07, but officially he started in last few games of 2006 season.

Are you a dawg fan?

Are you a dawg fan?

No, I just did some reading for myself when people claimed he stopped calling plays. Don't know off the top of my head where i read that specifically though.

Advertisement
Back