Richt at Georgia

My opinion of Richt offenses at Georgia are, that his teams didn't have the number of explosive players like he can field in Miami. Imagine a team with Cooper, Cook, Benjamin, Duke and Dorsett on it. Wow, he can build teams like that here. If he had players like that at Georgia he would have beaten Florida and Bama. I'm a BBB guy but Mark is a great choice.

Advertisement
Agreed. At Miami he should have more explosive players. I have no doubt we will be in the playoffs in short order. If we can get a few difference makers (Cook, Amari, on offense and some nasty linemen, etc.) in this recruiting class we could be playing in the playoffs by 2017.

AJ Green, Mckenzie, Todd Gurley, Sony, Nick Chubb... He's had some pretty explosive players

He didn't have them all at the same time and gurley and chubby got hurt. Plus he won't have to go through the sec gauntlet here

Advertisement
UGA never had the WR depth Miami can have year in and year out. That being said there are no excuses for not having the right QB's and RB's at UGA.

The thing is he almost won there, his cieling is hire here. U nust have to be a good coach at miami to win a title and an elite recruiter. He can win here and win big

Advertisement
He didn't have them all at the same time and gurley and chubby got hurt. Plus he won't have to go through the sec gauntlet here

There is no longer an SEC guantlet to go trough. Besides, they don't play all the teams in the conferences. The ACC is starting to close the gap on the SEC.

Agreed. At Miami he should have more explosive players. I have no doubt we will be in the playoffs in short order. If we can get a few difference makers (Cook, Amari, on offense and some nasty linemen, etc.) in this recruiting class we could be playing in the playoffs by 2017.

This Miami and he can get the talent. Kaaya gives him top QB for one or maybe two years. Mark should, better, have championship quality offense. The issue is defense. If he gets the right DC who recognizes Miami kids grow up on an aggressive 4-3-4 or 4-2-5 defense and realizes that we can recruit better for that defense than any school, then we can have our old defense with top offense. No reason Mark does not win Coastal 1st year. If he gets to ACC title game with one loss, a win there probably puts us in the playoffs. TV will kill to have Miami, Mark has that whole poor Bobby deserves a shot thin going, and it is one heck of a story line for TV. Good kid, comes home and wins it all -- movies are made on less. I still think Butch was the right guy cause I want the savages back, but Mark might make nice guy work.

UGA never had the WR depth Miami can have year in and year out. That being said there are no excuses for not having the right QB's and RB's at UGA.

Top QBs Lemay and Parks didn't pan out and Ramsey although AL recruited him until the end was a pansy. We never had a lack of RBs while Richt was coach. Miami needs CMR to bring McClendon here as OC because he is an absolute beast as a recruiter of RBs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back