Richt Article

Advertisement
After being idle in all things the new era of college football requires, I have to admit it's gonna take a couple/3 years. Another two recruiting classes and seasons before we can be expected to beat top teams and always favored to beat mid-level teams like VT and NC. Richt knows what we need and the admin if finally committing to making it happen. I still say from a recruiting standpoint he'd be wise to hire a hot shot Pro Style Spread OC or assistant to help modernize the offence and attract more top talent.

After being idle in all things the new era of college football requires, I have to admit it's gonna take a couple/3 years. Another two recruiting classes and seasons before we can be expected to beat top teams and always favored to beat mid-level teams like VT and NC. Richt knows what we need and the admin is finally committing to making it happen. I still say from a recruiting standpoint he'd be wise to hire a hot shot Pro Style Spread OC or assistant to help modernize the offence and attract more top talent.

Advertisement
**** good read.

I didn't know this part

You can say what you want about Randy Shannon era or Al Golden era at Miami, but they also weren’t coaching with a full deck of cards. That's especially true for Golden, who pushed for things like a training table and negotiated with the school’s decision-makers about allowing football players to take just 12 credit hours during the fall instead of the minimum 15 to lighten the workload academically in season. Those are two things now in place for Richt, who is in position to have everything come up aces under his watch.

Meh, more of the same. I'm all for giving Richt time as I think he's got us headed in the right direction, but these pieces get old. Every time there's a new coach we get optimistic articles about all the things they're doing right. randy and al said the right things and even did some of the right things, but it didn't translate to wins. I remain supportive, but I've had enough feel-good articles...just give me wins.

Meh, more of the same. I'm all for giving Richt time as I think he's got us headed in the right direction, but these pieces get old. Every time there's a new coach we get optimistic articles about all the things they're doing right. randy and al said the right things and even did some of the right things, but it didn't translate to wins. I remain supportive, but I've had enough feel-good articles...just give me wins.

The big difference is that Richt is a proven winner from the toughest conference. The other 2 haven't won ****.

They have a good chance to take the three remaining games against Virginia, N.C. State and Duke, but honestly it doesn’t matter if they win or lose those games.

Get this insidious **** out of my face.

Advertisement
**** good read.

I didn't know this part

You can say what you want about Randy Shannon era or Al Golden era at Miami, but they also weren’t coaching with a full deck of cards. That's especially true for Golden, who pushed for things like a training table and negotiated with the school’s decision-makers about allowing football players to take just 12 credit hours during the fall instead of the minimum 15 to lighten the workload academically in season. Those are two things now in place for Richt, who is in position to have everything come up aces under his watch.

So often, posters here claim, "But we have the talent, so it must be the coaching" and all that crap about finger pointing. When the OL is getting all blown up at the LOS, this is what is lacking - proper conditioning and strength. Strength will always win out against technique, if the technician is lacking strength and conditioning. I wish some of us fans could differentiate between Fantasy Football and the real deal.

Every time I see the question "Is the U back?" I want to throw up.

It won't need questioning once we're truly back. Until then shove that question up your asss.

After being idle in all things the new era of college football requires, I have to admit it's gonna take a couple/3 years. Another two recruiting classes and seasons before we can be expected to beat top teams and always favored to beat mid-level teams like VT and NC. Richt knows what we need and the admin is finally committing to making it happen. I still say from a recruiting standpoint he'd be wise to hire a hot shot Pro Style Spread OC or assistant to help modernize the offence and attract more top talent.

One of the reasons Richt took this job was because he felt he could revitalize himself by being the OC. He will be the OC for many years to come and perhaps ,if he is still around, when he is an old man he will go back to being a CEO and then hire an OC.

He will do just fine as an OC. I have no doubt because the man has common sense as opposed to the many gurus who have failed at OC.

He is 9 games into doing something he hasn't done in 10 years-. Try playing chess when you haven't played in 10 years, it takes a few games to get your mojo back.

They have a good chance to take the three remaining games against Virginia, N.C. State and Duke, but honestly it doesn’t matter if they win or lose those games.

Yeah, that part rubbed me the wrong way.

I get what they're trying to say but it just came at a bad time.

Advertisement

Agreed.

Results and wins are far more important than talk and promises.

I knew about the Practice facility problems we didnt raise enough money but can not believe we didnt have a training table - how is that possible

Excellent article. Does anyone know how much money is left to be raised towards the indoor practice facility and when shovels can be in the ground to get it completed?

Advertisement

Agreed. These next few games prove if we are on a good path. I wont go as far to say the right path because I think we are getting there but winning these remaining games will put alot of question marks to bed. Recruits will be paying very close attention. If we cant beat the ACC patsies even in his first year that doesnt bode well for 'flipping' alot of high priority needs.

After being idle in all things the new era of college football requires, I have to admit it's gonna take a couple/3 years. Another two recruiting classes and seasons before we can be expected to beat top teams and always favored to beat mid-level teams like VT and NC. Richt knows what we need and the admin if finally committing to making it happen. I still say from a recruiting standpoint he'd be wise to hire a hot shot Pro Style Spread OC or assistant to help modernize the offence and attract more top talent.

His system is pro-spread. We need max protect until the o-line gets enough talent to hold their own. Wait till tomorrow. Last week wasn't a fluke.

**** good read.

I didn't know this part

So often, posters here claim, "But we have the talent, so it must be the coaching" and all that crap about finger pointing. When the OL is getting all blown up at the LOS, this is what is lacking - proper conditioning and strength. Strength will always win out against technique, if the technician is lacking strength and conditioning. I wish some of us fans could differentiate between Fantasy Football and the real deal.

Wrong. Technique beats strength. Speed and technique = power. If you're strong and have poor technique you lose to the guy with good fundamentals.

We'll be fine from here on out. Max Protect with TE and or RB in backfield and slide the line. The defense has to decide which TE and or RB and Richt will scheme them on that all day. We can send 3-4 patterns out regularly and whop defenses with Brad's accuracy. Last week was no fluke.

You can up-vote if you see that or down-vote if you don't.

2 long passes to Richards had 8 guys staying in to block and the TD to Coley on the trips left had 7 staying in to block..

Last edited:
Kaaya had an actual pocket during Pitt game and that's why he made plays (including scrambling for 12 yards).. If you watch the highlights (and pause after the snap) you'll see max protection with TE and RBs staying in to block (7-8 offensive players blocking 4,5, or at times 6) so the kid could do what he does. Against a man look it doesn't change the coverage in the secondary so there's no drawback to keeping extra guys in to block.

I know people on this site think things magically got figured out or this performance was an anomaly, but it was just changing protection and it could have been done sooner. It think more options were appealing initially because of all the skill talent on the roster, but if the OL can't create time to throw talent and options are moot (took 4 games to figure that out I guess).

https://youtu.be/Eer2kN6kt0Q

This max protection keeps 3 guys running routes and simplifies the reads (sometimes to half the field) while creating more time, which with Brad's accuracy is just what the doctor ordered. Richt has done this before going back to his FSU years and I'm not surprised by it now, but I wonder why it took this long to implement with the OL known to be the weakest position group. If we start the year this way I think we have a much better record. I expect better execution offensively with this subtle tweak of the scheme moving forward.[/QUOTE]

At 00:20s and 13:40s they keep 8 guys (2 receivers running routes) in to block because Richards has man coverage on the outside and they know Brad just needs time to make a throw. It brilliantly shows Richt's ability to draw up and call plays.

If you know what you're looking at, (and can...count) you'll see Richt drew up some nice plays and made some great calls this week.[/QUOTE]

Advertisement
Back