Richt and Spurrier

CoachDannyMiaz

Fyre Fest Influencer
I was reading some of the Richt threads and thinking about what I thought his Miami tenure, his 2nd act, would be.
And the coach and tenure that kept coming to mind was Spurrier at South Carolina.

Below are his records from UF and USCe (with a lil shoutout to Duke).
The box in red is how I see Richt's tenure here going.

richt and spurrier.png

9 to 11 win seasons. Some respectable bowl games and respectable bowl wins.
But nothing like his UF tenure, which is what I hoped for Richt initially (and foolishly).

It sucks, but like Spurrier in Sakerlina, it feels like we're on a decade-long, more respectable than remarkable, march toward retirement with Mark Richt. And like South Carolina's AD & BOT, I'm sure our AD and BOT are way more okay with that reality than the fanbase is.
And that sucks. Because we could be SO MUCH MORE.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just clicked to see how many Miami "fans" are gonna praise Spurrier while insulting Richt.

spurrier is 10x the coach richt is you kidding me with this thread?
The post wasn't really about comparing their successes like for like (even though, as I said, I hoped to see Richt make Miami elite again here which would be closer to UF Spurrier than to USCe Spurrier).

But my main point was I can see Richt having a similar 2nd act to Spurrier at South Carolina, where it's nothing more than simply respectable. I posted Spurrier's UF tenure as well to show the stark difference between "elite" and "respectable".

The post wasn't really about comparing their successes like for like (even though, as I said, I hoped to see Richt make Miami elite again here which would be closer to UF Spurrier than to USCe Spurrier).

But my main point was I can see Richt having a similar 2nd act to Spurrier at South Carolina, where it's nothing more than simply respectable. I posted Spurrier's UF tenure as well to show the stark difference between "elite" and "respectable".

I know but right now anything you can and will say about richt can and will be used against you in court of the God's ( canesinsight )

Advertisement
I was reading some of the Richt threads and thinking about what I thought his Miami tenure, his 2nd act, would be.
And the coach and tenure that kept coming to mind was Spurrier at South Carolina.

Below are his records from UF and USCe (with a lil shoutout to Duke).
The box in red is how I see Richt's tenure here going.

View attachment 66698

9 to 11 win seasons. Some respectable bowl games and respectable bowl wins.
But nothing like his UF tenure, which is what I hoped for Richt initially (and foolishly).

It sucks, but like Spurrier in Sakerlina, it feels like we're on a decade-long, more respectable than remarkable, march toward retirement with Mark Richt. And like South Carolina's AD & BOT, I'm sure our AD and BOT are way more okay with that reality than the fanbase is.
And that sucks. Because we could be SO MUCH MORE.

************. My Dads a USCe alum and we had the same conversation at lunch today!

I sure hope you are wrong. Not certain you are, but as a fan I don't want to be miserable.

Another example might be Michigan fans expecting "Stanford" Harbaugh and getting, "At least he's better than Brady Hoke." Harbaugh

Advertisement
Main difference between richt at Miami and spurrier at south Carolina (I absolutely refuse to refer to them as usc) is that spurrier took South Carolina to heights never before seen in the program. Richt on the other hand has higher expectations in front of him at Miami as the program has tasted success before. It's a matter of hopes versus expectations

Nothing like Spurrier's.

If it wasn't for FSU having a 3rd-string QB in the 2000 championship game, all 3 of the big 3 in Florida could've beat Oklahoma.

Richt is an average coach and a "meh" offensive coach.

Spurrier was a killer as an offensive coach and a border-line elite HC.

Richt's tenure at UGA wasn't anything like Spurrier's at UF.

Advertisement
I sure hope you are wrong. Not certain you are, but as a fan I don't want to be miserable.

Dude, if you're not already there yet, can you please share what ****tail of meds, drugs and whatever else is working so well for you?

Asking for a friend,.. well a few of them, actually.

TIA

And when he quit his team still did better than if Wrecked were at the helm.

Have you ever even seen Miami win championships or are you another 12-year-old poster who's just "happy" that we played "hard"?

And a quitter.

Dude literally walked out on his USCe team mid-season when he wasn’t winning in 2015.

Advertisement
Back