Richards will be back for the Orange bowl correct?

canecat

Junior
I know herdon won't but I never heard any long term statements about richards injury?

Advertisement
I just want him to be 100%. They should have shelved him long before the knee issue. He seemed to always reaggravate his hamstring. I thought that was a huge mistake not to let him be 100% healthy.

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Orange bowl is meaningless. Would rather be comes back healthy and focused next year. Puts up 1000+ yards and goes first round

I just want him to be 100%. They should have shelved him long before the knee issue. He seemed to always reaggravate his hamstring. I thought that was a huge mistake not to let him be 100% healthy.

Semper Canes!!!

Nah, we were in the hunt for a national championship. I know that sounds dumb to say after the ACCCG result, but it’s still a fact. Richards was helping the team, even as limited as he was. He would have been irate if we told him he couldn’t play. And when he gets to the NFL, he’s going to have to learn to play through these sorts of things.

Sucks that it happened the way it did, but there’s, sadly, no one to blame.

Advertisement
I wish he could've gotten a medical redshirt or something

Yeah, but doesn’t matter. He plays the way we expect him to next year, he’s off to the NFL. Worst/best case, he stays 4 years. Richards was never going to stay for 5.

Advertisement

Yeah, but doesn’t matter. He plays the way we expect him to next year, he’s off to the NFL. Worst/best case, he stays 4 years. Richards was never going to stay for 5.

If he isn't going to be 100% come fall practice, I still think he should redshirt for his own career's sake. I think if he took a year off to let his legs heal and comes back for 1 big year in 2019 it would be best. At this rate, if he's going to rush back into playing through an injury then his body will never get back to full strength if he's pushing through 2018 then jump into Rookie Training camp 5 months later

Advertisement

If he isn't going to be 100% come fall practice, I still think he should redshirt for his own career's sake. I think if he took a year off to let his legs heal and comes back for 1 big year in 2019 it would be best. At this rate, if he's going to rush back into playing through an injury then his body will never get back to full strength if he's pushing through 2018 then jump into Rookie Training camp 5 months later

Interesting. I misunderstood maybe. He definitely could redshirt next year (by choice with no need for a medical redshirt), but I think that would really hurt his draft stock. Still, if he went pro the following year, that would still leave that 5th year of eligibility on the table, so the redshirt is still moot. He should be ready to roll, based on the information we have, we’ll before fall practice anyway.

**** then we screwed. I just can't see this team beating anyone without Richards AND Herdon as literally we have 3 studs who can change games on O this season - Herdon , Richards and Berrios . for some reason I thought that injury was like a month injury and he would be back for the bowl. To win without those 2 we will need ND and VT Rosier not UNC , Pitt and Clemson Rosier and DJ to play some wildcat.

Advertisement
Back