Richards vs. Greedy

Cane44

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
trying to put my shades down, I'm not really worried about their O vs. our D for some basic reasons:
- New OC (i dont think any team is fully gelling on the OC's first year, and theyve even admitted not having entire playbook installed )
- New transfer QB (good or not, again, not gonna be fully gelling with WR's and playcalling) +bonus: he's never started vs. major opponent in Big time scene
- Only 1 experienced WR.. two FR...
- No impact RB
- shakey OL with only 2 returning starters
- All of the above facing our NFL ridden experienced D

Nowwwwww.. what does worry me a bit is their D...
Lets assume or agree they have a legit front 7..... Greedy is their best/maybe only Star beyond that, and he's gonna be facing Richards.... Does Richards put the work on him, or is it a wash? If it's a wash, who else on their D can hang with our WR's and play making TE's??? who's covering cager? who's keeping step for step with JT??

Advertisement
They got their other 5 star corner back from suspension who they think is a lock down corner. And their line backer is a top player in the Nation. But it doesn't matter of Malik is accurate our skill positions can't be shut down

trying to put my shades down, I'm not really worried about their O vs. our D for some basic reasons:
- New OC (i dont think any team is fully gelling on the OC's first year, and theyve even admitted not having entire playbook installed )
- New transfer QB (good or not, again, not gonna be fully gelling with WR's and playcalling) +bonus: he's never started vs. major opponent in Big time scene
- No impact RB

Lets assume or agree they have a legit front 7..... Greedy is their best/maybe only Star beyond that, and he's gonna be facing Richards.... Does Richards put the work on him, or is it a wash? If it's a wash, who else on their D can hang with our WR's and play making TE's??? who's covering cager? who's keeping step for step with JT??
Fulton can and will. I’m not concerned at all about their abilities. My one concern is when the db’s have communication issues and guys get open. Fulton has been practicing the whole time, but will the db’s be on the same page?? That’s the big question.

Clean pocket.

Whichever team can more consistently give their QB a clean pocket will win the game. I don't expect big yard per carry averages on either side. Unless there's massive defensive backfield breakdowns that result in uncovered receivers running free downfield (and as long as 4 and 22 are able to stay on the field, I feel good about that on our side), this game is not going to be decided by a CB.

Gimme a clean pocket and make sure they don't have one and this is VT 2017 all over again, with the potential that Orgeron might be able to corch his way to a ND 2017 result.

They got their other 5 star corner back from suspension who they think is a lock down corner. And their line backer is a top player in the Nation. But it doesn't matter of Malik is accurate our skill positions can't be shut down
No one can shut down wr’s all game. Our coverage will not be the deciding factor. It will come down to the front seven against your oline.

Advertisement
They have a good defense. Offense is sub-par at best. Low scoring field position type of game. 20-9 Miami

- No impact RB

Thats not being completely honest here, they have talent at DB. They have a 5 star CB starting and SFLA's own John Battle as a senior back there.

If Rosier has enough time to throw (and he makes the throws), you can stick a fork in LSU, because they're done.

Don't care who they have in the secondary. Our WR crew is loaded with all sizes, shapes and speeds.

No one can shut down wr’s all game. Our coverage will not be the deciding factor. It will come down to the front seven against your oline.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
That's going to be a good match up, and I'm sure they're going to try and roll the coverage to his side. Either JT or Cager is going to get the one on one, and if the OL can give Rosier some time, I think we pick them apart. The big if is the OL, smh!

It’s going to be interesting with our speedy WR’s versus their DB’s. Fulton will most likely take Cager, leaving Greedy on an island with Richards. That leaves whoever is their slot/nickel DB against Jeff Thomas; and I like those odds. As to getting the ball to them it’s going to be our OL’s responsibility to keep White and the rest of their crew off of Rosier. I think with Malik’s ability to run that we can send WR’s deep and pickup yardage on the ground with him running. He’s no blazer speed wise but he’s a very physical QB that likes to hit with the best of them. Hopefully he’ll learn to slide when he has to in this game.

Michael Jackson is much better than Greedy Williams lol at him being able to cover AR82. LSU don’t have enough depth to compete with our WR group

Advertisement
It’s going to be interesting with our speedy WR’s versus their DB’s. Fulton will most likely take Cager, leaving Greedy on an island with Richards. That leaves whoever is their slot/nickel DB against Jeff Thomas; and I like those odds. As to getting the ball to them it’s going to be our OL’s responsibility to keep White and the rest of their crew off of Rosier. I think with Malik’s ability to run that we can send WR’s deep and pickup yardage on the ground with him running. He’s no blazer speed wise but he’s a very physical QB that likes to hit with the best of them. Hopefully he’ll learn to slide when he has to in this game.
He better slide with White in pursuit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back