Rhett Lashlee Unleashed

Advertisement
I’m rooting for him. But he needs to make some adjustments this off-season. He needs to make that jump from sometimes good to consistently great
Exactly. His scheme and philosophy was a breath of fresh air, now it’s time to improve on his feel for play calling and taking advantage of your best weapons

Advertisement
I’m rooting for him. But he needs to make some adjustments this off-season. He needs to make that jump from sometimes good to consistently great
Find me an OC that can be consistently great with a God awful
Makeshift OL & WR’s that can barely catch or can’t beat Press man & I’ll give you a Million dollars.

It’s year 1 for Lashlee, didn’t have a Spring & had a truncated Fall
Camp, not to mention had to deal with missing multiple players
to Covid on a weekly basis, considering the circumstances he actually did a really good job. It’s not like he recruited these players, this is what he inherited from Richt/Enox.

Idk how people can be so nitpicky with the offense after having to experience Enox last year & oh, there’s that whole having a Defense lead by Blake Baker that can give up 778yds in a game thing...

Without Lash & King this is a 4 win ball club, people really need to put things back into perspective. Lashlee is the least of our problems.

What I like... the kids that are coming in for '21. Talk about a breath of fresh air! OL studs (hope they sign Barber too), WR studs, RD stud, TE studs, QB could be elite. I can't remember the last time I looked at the class and we addressed every spot on O like we did this year. 2008?

Advertisement
Makeshift OL & WR’s that can barely catch or can’t beat Press man & I’ll give you a Million dollars.

to Covid on a weekly basis, considering the circumstances he actually did a really good job. It’s not like he recruited these players, this is what he inherited from Richt/Enox.

Idk how people can be so nitpicky with the offense after having to experience Enox last year & oh, there’s that whole having a Defense lead by Blake Baker that can give up 778yds in a game thing...

Without Lash & King this is a 4 win ball club, people really need to put things back into perspective. Lashlee is the least of our problems.

Do you know what kinda QB these guys are looking for? is it an athletic qb who can run and pass or just anybody he likes and he'll adjust the O accordingly? Garcia doesn't seem to be much of a runner at all but I seem remember Diaz saying he was looking more for an athletic qb/ or qb who could beat you with his legs if need be.

How people don’t see how a whole new staff, QB, system, two true freshmen RBs added to no real practice time and a truly atrocious 2019 O-line would lead to some inconsistencies is beyond me.

If, and that’s a big if, the OL can become above average in both the run and pass game, Lashlee will kill it here week in and week out. Not being able to generate any push up front is hindering the offense.

We need 1 guy to step up at WR and be the alpha. We know it’s not Pope and Wiggins who should be 3rd and 4th type guys.

Every time I watch us play I say the same thing. We would really suck without King & Lahslee.

Advertisement

W/o Lashlee, Justice, and a playmaker like King, your 4 win assessement is probably optimisitc.

Still some improvement to be made, as I'm sure he knows better than any of us. I feel way better about it than I do other aspects. So, we've got that going for us.

Pulling us off the bottom is the "easy" part. Putting the pieces together to go from relatively ok to very good is difficult. I think the guy deserves a full Spring, Summer, and Fall to get everything closer to order.

Advertisement

And people though him and Justice would resurrect our OL play. And the thing with OL play is that it is the SLOWEST thing to progress. You don't make drastic jumps, just small steps.

From watching him on the sidelines and hearing him speak, I get the sense Lashlee is not a complacent guy who is happy to settle for "good enough". He and King have been a godsend and saved us from an utter catastrophe of a season, but I suspect the offense will continue to improve and evolve under his leadership.

Every time I watch us play I say the same thing. We would really suck without King & Lahslee.
Like last year suck, except maybe worse. Throw in the kicker as well. **** we'd be bad without those three.

Like last year suck, except maybe worse. Throw in the kicker as well. **** we'd be bad without those three.
Oh, yeah, if you want to take it that far with the kicker, for sure. Jose got us what, legit 3-4 wins this year (VA, Va Tech, NC St & what, Pitt?). Then again, not having a kicker last year cost us 3-4 games. So the kicker for sure.

But he had the worst offense and no one at the most important position in sports, the QB. That means it would’ve been Kosi & Van Dyke this year. No way we win more than 3 games with just Borregales.

Advertisement
Back