Rewatching Notre Dame at Miami 2017

canesfanmpls

Sophomore
Didn't remember how much DJ Dallas had impact. Thomas was good. Berrios' catch was a work of art. Badgley made a field goal. Crowd was spectacular. Defense looks special. Especially the LBs. We need more games like this.

Advertisement
Brian Kelly seriously looks sad in this game. "Mother of god and for all you stand who are these savages?"

Last edited:
For anyone sober enough at the time that was watching from their couches, it was clear from the pre game coach interviews who was going to win this game. As soon as that sweaty ***** kelly showed his nervous, doubting face to the reporter I knew it was over, that he had already lost the psychological and preparation battle.

None of what proceeded to happen, the things you'll are describing were a surprise after that moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
The OB came to The Rock that night. Crowd was old school.

That whole day was on another level as it pertains to Miami football, just a quick snapshot of where we're headed.

I remember being at the gym in the morning and glancing at my phone to see what was up with GameDay...it it just blowing up about how great it was. I lost all focus on my workout.
No **** the interception was easily in my top 20 Hurricane moments.

You had to be there.

I rewatched on TV the next day.

It was one/one billionth the experience of being there.

You will NEVER KNOW if you weren’t there. NEVER. Don’t even pretend.

Bandy interception. Nirvana. The seventh level of heaven. Strangers hugging. The one domers in our section slumping to the ground.

Knowing in that instant that we had finally turned the corner.

No, not necessarily for an NC run yet, but now a team to be reckoned with after 15 years. No longer an afterthought. Corner turned.

The AH4 were there. THEY FELT THE FORCE. They had to feel the world was changing then.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Have had our ups and downs since the early 2000s but the last 2 years have been good to see as a fan. Are we there yet? No but we are building back into something special,
Firing golden and then to have that 1 in million return against duke after Artie burns just lost his mom
- hiring richt
- beat top 15 team in the bowl game wvu
- signing elite players in state and out of state with an overall elite class
- beat FSU(haven’t done it in 7 years) and thoroughly drubbed va tech and Notre Dame on a national prime time game
Was in the top 10 for majority of the season
- college game day scene leading up to the Notre dame was ridiculous and a great recruiting tool

Didn’t finish the season well but overall It was exciting nonetheless to be in the conversation again. We will definitely be back very soon

You had to be there.

Bandy interception. Nirvana. The seventh level of heaven. Strangers hugging. The one domers in our section slumping to the ground.

No, not necessarily for an NC run yet, but now a team to be reckoned with after 15 years. No longer an afterthought. Corner turned.

The AH4 were there. THEY FELT THE FORCE. They had to feel the world was changing then.

I agree. But, it can work both ways. I've been at games when the overall play looked far WORSE in person than it did when I rewatched on the DVR.

ND wasn't ready for that type of atomosphere. Kelly even said it after the game.

***** *** es really thought they were gonna waltz in there and dominate us.

You had to be there.

Don't worry, when this features in The U Part 3, everyone will have been there. The Rock holds 250,000 people.

Advertisement
[TWEET]955288750334103558[/TWEET]

[TWEET]955396772171538437[/TWEET]

REAL TALK.

Like I said, you had to be there.

When I re watched the game next day, one of the things that stuck out to me was that it did not sound anywhere near as loud on TV. I was asking people around me how that could be, the only thing we could figure is that they muted the shlt out of it. It did not sound anywhere near as loud on TV. Fact.

I look forward to a lot more games like that one in the future.

Starting with a beatdown of F$U next season would be nice.

Advertisement
Best football weekend possible.

* flew in from Cali on Thursday. Six people on my plane from SFO had on their Canes gear, like me. Friendly.
* Friday morning VIP tour of Hardrock...locker rooms, owner’s suite, etc etc. Grounds crew painting the field with Cane logos. Walked down the tunnel where the smoke is released.
* lunch with serious Cane fans in Davie. Peter Ariz was the guest, delivering recruiting nuggets for us all.
* Friday night dinner at Joe’s Stone Crab. Don Bailey stopped to say hello when he saw my buddy’s turnover chain shirt
* Saturday morning at the U for College Gameday
* breakfast thereafter at the Bagel Emporium
* pre tailgate nap
* spirited tailgate. It was totally obvious that the fans were very, very ready for this game
* The Game. Loud, very loud. Bandy’s interception ended the contest. So, so happy.
* Sunday return flight to San Francisco. Still happy.

Perfection.

Last edited:
[TWEET]955288750334103558[/TWEET]

[TWEET]955396772171538437[/TWEET]

REAL TALK.

Like I said, you had to be there.

When I re watched the game next day, one of the things that stuck out to me was that it did not sound anywhere near as loud on TV. I was asking people around me how that could be, the only thing we could figure is that they muted the shlt out of it. It did not sound anywhere near as loud on TV. Fact.

Completely agree. When I rewatched the next day it didn't feel the same at all. CBS does a much better job it seems of bringing the crowd noise through the TV into your home. Not sure if ESPN kept it turned down but the announcers mentioned a couple of times how loud it was. Wouldn't surprise me if they kept it turned down though.

That whole day was on another level as it pertains to Miami football, just a quick snapshot of where we're headed.

I remember being at the gym in the morning and glancing at my phone to see what was up with GameDay...it it just blowing up about how great it was. I lost all focus on my workout.

My father is a lifelong Cane fan and local football coach/commish at Coral Reef and Suniland.

He indoctrinated us into the culture day one. Had never seen Miami play ND live and hates them with a passion. For his birthday my brother and I bought him tickets to the game and took him.

He coached Trajan as a 65 lber. That pick 6 is one of the best football moments of our lives.

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;3228837 said:

My father is a lifelong Cane fan and local football coach/commish at Coral Reef and Suniland.

He indoctrinated us into the culture day one. Had never seen Miami play ND live and hates them with a passion. For his birthday my brother and I bought him tickets to the game and took him.

He coached Trajan as a 65 lber. That pick 6 is one of the best football moments of our lives.

Cool stuff. Happy for you and pops. I've had the pleasure, and displeasure before the glory days, of many a ND game live. Even at the Catholic vs Convicts up there. Outcome sucked and it was their crowd but Miami was in the house and it was still off the hook exciting. I love beating the crap out of them more than anyone other than the swamp lizards. They whipped us as hard as possible before our day arrived and we can never score enough to make up for it. Parseghian was the worse, so listening to him cry about JJ "running up" the score on that high school coach was almost as good as ***.

Advertisement
Back