Rewatching all run plays (O and D)

spacenegroes

Redshirt Freshman
UF first series
-Read-option, both Chickillo and Gaines take the dive, Driskel keeps and gets 6
-Chickillo gets combo-blocked into Perryman, 2 defenders taken out by 1 blocker. Jenkins salvages disaster into 9 yards
-Perryman forces RB to wrong side, where Pierre, released by UF 73, is there along with Jenkins. Pretty sure the play was to weakside, Perryman ****ed it up for RB
-(Pass play, Armbrister stumbles while backpedaling after realizing play fake, guy open, 6 yards.)
-Armbrister does some ninja **** on UF 41, makes him whiff, TFL. Perryman there anyway.
-Looks like UF 41 (FB) messes up blocking assignment, leaves Crawford waiting for RB. Perryman comes in around the scrum anyway and forces fumble (Porter recovery)

Miami first series
-McDermott raped by 44, Duke goes down after 2.
-Everybody blocks well enough, Duke gets 13.
-Same, Duke gets 11.
-(the rest throws and penalties, Waters TD ends this drive)

UF second series
-Needed 1 yard, got 2, blockers just got more push
-Perryman gets inside leverage but pushes UF 64 outward, meanwhile Figs collapses the running lane from the outside, RB ****ed, 1.5 yards

Miami second series
-I'm not sure what's going on here, but it looks like DE pulls back around and Walford (playing H-back) chases after him instead of going after the ILB, who goes completely unblocked. Duke wiggles 2 yards. Flowers gets beat to the snap and pushed back, Linder pulls around but looks lost kind of.

UF third series (off blocked punt)
-Someone ***** up his blocking assignment and Armbrister unblocked
-Read option out of the pistol-T, everybody takes the dive, Driskel keeps and scores

Miami third series
-McDermott tossed to the ground, forces Duke even further outside, where Waters is failing a block; Duke forced to the sideline, turns the corner barely and gets 5
-Looks like Cleveland ignored his blocking assignment to go block nobody? Leaves Dorsett to block two. May have been okay, but Dorsett whiffs as well but Duke manages 5 or 6.
(drive ends in long Dorsett TD)

UF fourth series
-Green gets inside his man, gambles on a dive, RB sidesteps him and gets 3 or 4.
-(Last play of the first quarter) Another read option, Driskel keeps, Rodgers sheds block and keeps contain, Driskel only gets 2 yards (but late hit penalty on Luther Robinson)

i'll come back to continue if i have time. real life calls.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My favorite sequence:

Some odd 3rd down early in game. We have 4 wide, Hurns runs a out and converts. We go hurryup but change personnel. 2 wide run off field and Dorsett is one of them. Coley tells him get back in, Dorsett runs in and takes off Hurns who is on outside closest to our sideline. Refs temporarily stop play to allow UF to substitute because we just did. Dorsett then waves Herb over who was initially in slot and tells him to play his spot while Dorsett gets in slot. (at this time I am watching and telling everyone in earshot we going DEEEEEEP) Ref moves from over ball and We go play action Deep On Marcus Maye*. Dorsett tells him this is my Back!

Advertisement
Back