Revisiting Billy Corben and his whining.....

MedleyCane

Senior
I remember folks on various UM boards defending Corben and blasting UM brass, especially Shalala, over the former's
claim that the school did not want any part of his 30-30 piece on the Canes (Bomb? where you at?).
I'm wondering if these same folks now see why the school wanted no part of that stuff.
I'm not always a defender of Shalala and co....in fact I have alot of problems with many of her
decisions pertaining to UM athletics, but she was spot on here.

Comments?

Advertisement
Interesting point.

I thought it worked out best for everyone. The doc was important to our continued relevance with the next generation, and the school kept some kind of distance.

I remember folks on various UM boards defending Corben and blasting UM brass, especially Shalala, over the former's
claim that the school did not want any part of his 30-30 piece on the Canes (Bomb? where you at?).
I'm wondering if these same folks now see why the school wanted no part of that stuff.
I'm not always a defender of Shalala and co....in fact I have alot of problems with many of her

Comments?
She probably wasn't spot on getting photographed accepting a 50k check from Shapiro after he tried to fight our compliance director.

Comments?
She probably wasn't spot on getting photographed accepting a 50k check from Shapiro after he tried to fight our compliance director.

LOL. Hard to argue that point.

Advertisement
Interesting point.

I thought it worked out best for everyone. The doc was important to our continued relevance with the next generation, and the school kept some kind of distance.

Fair point.
I just thought some of our fellow fans were being a little slow in understanding why the school needed to keep a distance from some of what occured
back in the day, and Corbin should have understood this angle heading into his project, instead of incessantly ripping his alma-mater.

BTW, great board.
Between you, LuCane and others, you got yourself a DreamTeam of Cane posters.

Comments?

Yes but wasn't that an impromptu donation at an event they didnt know he was attending?

Interesting point.

Fair point.
I just thought some of our fellow fans were being a little slow in understanding why the school needed to keep a distance from some of what occured
back in the day, and Corbin should have understood this angle heading into his project, instead of incessantly ripping his alma-mater.

BTW, great board.

dude was on 790 am or 560 am radio doing his usual again...saying we are about to get killed by the ncaa etc....he still has some sort of hard on for the people in our offices....

he's a um fan but they must of really dissed him.....

Advertisement
Interesting point.

Fair point.

BTW, great board.

dude was on 790 am or 560 am radio doing his usual again...saying we are about to get killed by the ncaa etc....he still has some sort of hard on for the people in our offices....

They basically told him to kick rocks.

Still don't agree with it, btw. Miami's administration has always been embarrassed of the past. And after the whole Shapiro fiasco, that administration failed to show common sense, so, they get no pass from me for telling Corben, who was doing free fantastic publicity, and a Miami fan, to kick rocks. Instead of taking cash money from Nevin Shapiro, maybe they should have opened the door for an alumnus.

Interesting point.

Fair point.

BTW, great board.

Still don't agree with it, btw. Miami's administration has always been embarrassed of the past. And after the whole Shapiro fiasco, that administration failed to show common sense, so, they get no pass from me for telling Corben, who was doing free fantastic publicity, and a Miami fan, to kick rocks. Instead of taking cash money from Nevin Shapiro, maybe they should have opened the door for an alumnus.

ya his fire is usually directed at "THEM". They went so hard at him...but a guy like nevin was given free reign...until CORCH saw thru him...which is why he didnt like Randy.

Interesting point.

Fair point.

BTW, great board.

ya his fire is usually directed at "THEM". They went so hard at him...but a guy like nevin was given free reign...until CORCH saw thru him...which is why he didnt like Randy.

SID office had some old folks and a pedophile working in the office during a lot of the time he was filming for The U. Not exactly forward thinkers at the time.

Advertisement
Back