Review of TVD

You really sick in the head when you think a highly rated receiver is trash cause the QB can’t get him the ball
What about last year? He dropped a lot of balls and Van Dyke did fine last year. On a 3rd down early in the game him and Ladson couldn’t block to let Smith get the first off a screen. He isn’t a good WR at all.

Advertisement
1664600362783.jpeg

Kayaa was a statue who got pummeled under Richt. Lost a tooth against FSU I think. But beyond Kayaa- Richt kept running dive left dive right - with the players we have - because he’s the man. And I appreciate Richt otherwise and Coley called a halfback pass in the snow too so he wasn’t good either.

the prehistoRicht offense was still going under center with the I-formation... yeah, in 2016..

Maybe so but his first year here we won 9 games including a bowl game win and a loss to FSU via a blocked field goal. I’ll take that as a first season with the exception of the FSU loss. Then the next year we win 10 games with Rosier at QB. If recruited a stud QB he probably wouldn’t have flames out. We only complain when the wins stop and in the third season they stopped that’s all there is to it. Doesn’t matter what the system is or isn’t if you win.
We’re not winning what we should right now because of the system for starters.

LOL.

That route combination is older than the sh*t stains in butch davis' shorts.

It was a basic staple in the offense we ran in college, so i know how the QB is coached on that play, and I understand exactly what TVD is doing here. and the result of him hitting the wheel is that he threw to the correct receiver based on the coverage.

It absolutely is a three read progression, just as roman described. so unless when you were a QB in college running that play and you were coached differently than i was, i suggest you just might want to let the grownups take this one from here.

It was a flare route, silly, not a wheel route, I didn't have to play College ball to know that LOL.

Advertisement
I've mentioned Olawusen being terrible before. I personally suggested putting him on a plane back to UNLV. Zion being out inserted him into the lineup. Even if Zion isn't available for UNC Olawusen needs to never play a down here again. And two things can be true regarding the offense: Gattis can be a poor fit at UM based on our personnel & equal blame can be placed on the qb's as both TVD/Jake have missed easy throws to wide open receivers.
Add Mallory to the equation and thats two guys who cannot block anybody. On the throw to rooster against UNC I think the play was designed to go to rooster the whole time. Looked to the short side of the field first then then turn to rooster. Tvd does not look off safeties also locks in on his first target.

You really sick in the head when you think a highly rated receiver is trash cause the QB can’t get him the ball
They’re all underachieving. The staff has been throwing the wr core under the bus for months, then the wr’s decided to throw Tvd under the bus. How about we just stop acting like it’s only one area causing this mess. It’s the coaches and the players. They all have a hand in this. The wr’s you’re defending couldn’t catch crabs from a 2 dollar ho or get separation in spring / fall. As I said “ this is a group effort mess”. Tvd, receivers , backs , te’s , Ol and the play caller needs to step it up .

Nothing will be fixed until everyone wraps their heads around that.

Last edited:
IDK if you listen to the OBB podcasts. The one they did today is worth a listen…. Ro talks more about specific offensive plays. They all get pretty blunt about how they feel about the offensive scheme
Was that the F***tardiry episode???? I heard that.... They got pretty raw in that one.. everyone had the feels.....

Ngl Roman is OK but he often makes videos to fit his narrative. He's not objective in the least bit.
U maybe right but in the last video some of the stuff is just clear on gattis lol even in coach hayes vid he shows bad scheme stuff on offense. Its not one person’s fault but he’s the head guy there and his unit has been mid

Advertisement
This isn’t the 90s. There are simplistic, effective schemes all over the place that don’t turn a great qb into a bum during the learning curve. In a lot of cases they get better right away.
Agreed. Then there are some where the struggle early and get better as the year goes. We shall see

Maybe so but his first year here we won 9 games including a bowl game win and a loss to FSU via a blocked field goal. I’ll take that as a first season with the exception of the FSU loss. Then the next year we win 10 games with Rosier at QB. If recruited a stud QB he probably wouldn’t have flames out. We only complain when the wins stop and in the third season they stopped that’s all there is to it. Doesn’t matter what the system is or isn’t if you win.
It was a blocked XP that would have only tied the game. No guarantee we win

It was a flare route, silly, not a wheel route, I didn't have to play College ball to know that LOL.
They are the same **** route. The only difference is WHEN the ball is thrown. (Before or after the turn up the rail).

Please just stop. You’re embarrassing yourself. Just read and listen and maybe you’ll learn something

Steven F Austin, who apparently is, ore was, a lumberjack, did not play MTS. Middle Tennessee State played UTSA - The University of Texas San Antonio Roadrunners. MTS and UTSA have sum pretty dam gud football players on their teams - at least it looks like they do to someone who watches a lot of Miami and ACC football.
Yeah, my mistake on the team. Let me correct that to make it more palatable for you and everyone else who thinks TVD is the problem before Gattis is. UTSA beat the shît out of MTSU who beat the shît out of us. We should all feel better about this now because UTSA is a respectable G5 level team. Go Canes!

And make no mistake in what I’ve been saying. If they are leaving the system as it is they should play Garcia or Jacurri. But the system Gattis has installed is the reason why TVD has gone from stud to dud.

Advertisement
He has time to make a productive career at Miami; however, his career to date is nothing.

Yeah, my mistake on the team. Let me correct that to make it more palatable for you and everyone else who thinks TVD is the problem before Gattis is. UTSA beat the shît out of MTSU who beat the shît out of us. We should all feel better about this now because ITSA is a respectable G5 level team. Go Canes!

And make no mistake in what I’ve been saying. If they are leaving the system as it is they should play Garcia or Jacurri. But the system Gattis has installed is the reason why TVD has gone from stud to dud.
Frankly until I see it, I don’t believe it will make Garcia look like a stud either

Advertisement
He has time to make a productive career at Miami; however, his career to date is nothing.
Understood but Frank Ladson barely dropped a pass last week but TVD only looks to the right lol 😂 please don’t ask me why but he primarily forces the ball to the right or middle of the field

Advertisement
Back