Review of TVD

Advertisement
Brinson was open in the middle the entire first half. He is the tallest WR and yet TVD could not find him. Could have been a different game if he was seeing the entire field correctly. It’s hard to blame Gattis completely when guys are running open and the ball doesn’t go their way.

Garcia, while making some good throws, missed several reads as well. The most glaring being the 4th and goal play. If he shows a bit of patience there and waits for the FS to play his hand, he has Arroyo as open as anyone ever will be. Really a great play by Gattis, but completely botched by Garcia.

TVD needs to start with a short leash. If he misses easy reads or throws again, it’s Jake time for better or for worse.

Surprised no one has mentioned it, but 70 is a total liability and has been all season. Do we really not have better options there? He gets blown off the ball easily and it has ruined many plays before they even start.
Lmao Harcia had two defenders in his face on the 4th and goal! Just getting that ball off was crazy. He curved it around the jumping defender like a frisbee!

And the play where TVD hit Rooster for the TD was NOT TVD making multiple reads. TVD simply looked the defense off to right, and threw it to Rooster on a swing pass to the left for a TD...nothing earth shattering about that.
I was thinking the same. He doesn’t have to like Gattis offense but he doesn’t have to cap for TVD either.

Advertisement
Brinson was open in the middle the entire first half. He is the tallest WR and yet TVD could not find him. Could have been a different game if he was seeing the entire field correctly. It’s hard to blame Gattis completely when guys are running open and the ball doesn’t go their way.

Garcia, while making some good throws, missed several reads as well. The most glaring being the 4th and goal play. If he shows a bit of patience there and waits for the FS to play his hand, he has Arroyo as open as anyone ever will be. Really a great play by Gattis, but completely botched by Garcia.

TVD needs to start with a short leash. If he misses easy reads or throws again, it’s Jake time for better or for worse.

Surprised no one has mentioned it, but 70 is a total liability and has been all season. Do we really not have better options there? He gets blown off the ball easily and it has ruined many plays before they even start.
I watched Roman explain how TVD has had no chance on a bunch of these plays. Their forcing of this system on the players we have is killing us. That’s on the coaches.

@TheOriginalCane

You should probably go back and watch that Garcia play.

He didn't have anymore time as he had a DE and LB'er half a second from pummeling his ***.

While it was a good call, it also was a breakdown defensively by them. The LB'er didn't cover Mallory, Arroyo was the initial assignment and their player broke off coverage and stopped Mallory who was the wide open player on that play.

Sorry, you got it wrong on that one.
You are correct. Did not catch that on review.

Advertisement
He didn’t suck under Lashlee. He has a lot to work on but ask Roman who’s to blame here (the offense Gattis is calling).
Look at all the easy throws he’s missed. He’s playing at a high school jv level now. Yes some of the blame is Gattis and some of it is on his WR and Mallory.

Look at all the easy throws he’s missed. He’s playing at a high school jv level now. Yes some of the blame is Gattis and some of it is on his WR and Mallory.
I was shown that there’s more to it today then just him missing stuff as it appears to the uneducated simpleton fan like me. And Gattis fûcked him up so if they’re going to stay with the same scheme and plan then get Garcia or Jacurri in there.

If TVD transfers to SMU next year or an offense suited for him - watch him blow up. Then it will be clear to some. Mark this post to bump and I’ll eat the crow if I’m wrong. These coRches are misusing the skill sets of the players we have to force their macho man scheme regardless of what fits the current players and player skill sets we have. This is arrogant egotistical stupidity. I thought we were past this **** but here we are.

They kept running into a 10 man ******* front. Jesus Christ we should never ever get stomped by MTSU. At home too! Anywhere!

I was shown that there’s more to it today then just him missing stuff as it appears to the uneducated simpleton fan like me. And Gattis fûcked him up so if they’re going to stay with the same scheme and plan then get Garcia or Jacurri in there.

If TVD transfers to SMU next year or an offense suited for him - watch him blow up. Then it will be clear to some. Mark this post to bump and I’ll eat the crow if I’m wrong. These coRches are misusing the skill sets of the players we have to force their macho man scheme regardless of what fits the current players and player skill sets we have. This is arrogant egotistical stupidity. I thought we were past this **** but here we are.

They kept running into a 10 man ******* front. Jesus Christ we should never ever get stomped by MTSU. At home too! Anywhere!
Yep can’t disagree there. It’s amateur hour bull****.

I always thought Logan Sagapolu #77 was a much better OL than #70. #70 is not as bad as he is terrible.

Advertisement

70 is horribe and it was said all over the gameday board.

Yep can’t disagree there. It’s amateur hour bull****.
It’s maddening. TVD was not a first round pick and had plenty to work on going into the season. But they killed him by forcing this crap on him and the rest of the team. It’s messed him up.

Remember when Kaaya was pretty good under Coley as a timing type QB and then Richt came in and forced his system on Kaaya and he couldn’t do it?
And he wouldn’t adjust for the player(s) he has because “his playbook has worked for 30 years”?

That’s what I’m seeing here.

It’s maddening. TVD was not a first round pick and had plenty to work on going into the season. But they killed him by forcing this crap on him and the rest of the team. It’s messed him up.

Remember when Kaaya was pretty good under Coley as a timing type QB and then Richt came in and forced his system on Kaaya and he couldn’t do it?
And he wouldn’t adjust for the player(s) he has because “his playbook has worked for 30 years”?

That’s what I’m seeing here.
I thought Kaaya did well under Richt. He had a lot of weapons tho. TVD/Garcia don’t have jack**** except X who is out long term and Key Smith.

Advertisement
I thought Kaaya did well under Richt. He had a lot of weapons tho. TVD/Garcia don’t have jack**** except X who is out long term and Key Smith.
Kayaa was a statue who got pummeled under Richt. Lost a tooth against FSU I think. But beyond Kayaa- Richt kept running dive left dive right - with the players we have - because he’s the man. And I appreciate Richt otherwise and Coley called a halfback pass in the snow too so he wasn’t good either.

Kayaa was a statue who got pummeled under Richt. Lost a tooth against FSU I think. But beyond Kayaa- Richt kept running dive left dive right - with the players we have - because he’s the man. And I appreciate Richt otherwise and Coley called a halfback pass in the snow too so he wasn’t good either.
Yea that o line was awful for Kaaya. Linder was dog****, Alex Gall was dog****, KC McDermott was soft. Then you had Darling and St Louis. Isidora was their best OL.

Advertisement
Back