Restrictions on CoS w/ Recruits and Players

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
What are the actual restrictions on CoS wrt recruits and players?

I thought I read E Reed can't go to in-homes, but can be present for on-campus.

He can be on sideline, but can't engage in coaching activities.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
That whole not coaching on sidelines is BS and not enforced. Everyone of Bama’s analysts actively coach on the sidelines. They don’t even begin to try and hide it. You do it until they tell you not too.

KU is under investigation and getting some sort of punishment for their special teams analyst doing some sideline coaching. It is illegal, but you rarely ever hear of it be enforced.

Advertisement
As long as Reed is present for major OV's and recruiting events like Paradise he should help. As far as gameday, maybe just to be safe only have him on the sidelines sparingly so the NCAA stays off our nuts.

Thoughts?
Can’t enforce what you don’t see
1580698635037.jpeg

Everybody no matter the sport pushes the envelope to get an edge on the competition.

Advertisement
Butch Jones was literally on the field during timeouts coaching when a Bama analyst.
Larry Fedora was an analyst for Texas last year & was on the sidelines calling plays in their bowl game vs Utah after Herman had fired Tim Beck.

Whatever the "strict" rules are no one adheres to them, unless you're a program that's run by a bunch of squares that are scared of the NCAA...

Have seen some team Chaplains that were former players absolutely coaching. Not much can be said unless you get caught with headset on.

Advertisement
KU is under investigation and getting some sort of punishment for their special teams analyst doing some sideline coaching. It is illegal, but you rarely ever hear of it be enforced.

Les Miles must’ve done something to **** off OU

Larry Fedora was an analyst for Texas last year & was on the sidelines calling plays in their bowl game vs Utah after Herman had fired Tim Beck.

Whatever the "strict" rules are no one adheres to them, unless you're a program that's run by a bunch of squares that are scared of the NCAA...
If the NCAA had it out for other schools the way they have it out for us they'd be just as cautious.

Advertisement
That whole not coaching on sidelines is BS and not enforced. Everyone of Bama’s analysts actively coach on the sidelines. They don’t even begin to try and hide it. You do it until they tell you not too.
Then, I guess Ole Miss can expect the NCAA on campus any time now.

Thoughts?
So send his yellow jacket to the in home and tell the kid that Ed will see him on campus.

Advertisement
Back