Restrepo talks relationship with Van Dyke, comparisons to Berrios

Advertisement
The vertical is valid. But if you listen to his interview he recorded a 3.84 in back to back attempts at the Under Armour Camp.

40 and shuttle are a micro tick behind. I’m also not looking for a 40 inch vert at slot receiver, especially when Lance’s data shows athletic testing actually correlates to success least for WR compare me to all other statistics.

4.16 is his recorded time at the last opening he went too. Regardless of what he said.
Vertical is more about explosiveness if his breaks.
But let’s agree to disagree. Let’s see what he does this year as a player that will be highlighted in the offense for the first time in Highschool.

4.16 is his recorded time at the last opening he went too. Regardless of what he said.
Vertical is more about explosiveness if his breaks.
But let’s agree to disagree. Let’s see what he does this year as a player that will be highlighted in the offense for the first time in Highschool.
Fair enough as long as you don’t call him a bust if his career starts off slow at the U just like Braxton’s did. Deerfield is also insanely deep at WR so I see them having a balanced attack.

Fair enough as long as you don’t call him a bust if his career starts off slow at the U just like Braxton’s did. Deerfield is also insanely deep at WR so I see them having a balanced attack.

I won’t praise or call anyone a bust until they leave the U.
Obviously I will be rooting for him but I’m not convinced yet.

Advertisement
Kid you don’t have to work on Tim Burns.
Also he’s no where close to the athlete Berrios was. Look at the testing numbers.
He will be a good locker room guy.
What are you talking about? Restrepo has close to elite testing numbers. He’s a rich man’s Berrios if you want to go by HS. I guarantee you if this kid played ball in the Carolinas ala Berrios in HS he’d be a top 250 player.
This kids interview was top notch. He has a great head on his shoulders. Do some research before posting false trash. I’m. All on board with Restrepo recruiting kids like himself.

That’s my memory too....very close measurables. Plus, those numbers are from Restro’s Jr. Year in high school. For Berrios, were those numbers from high school, college or NFL Draft Combine?

Answering my own question, Berrios’ numbers published by the Patriots:

5’9”, 184 lbs
4.4 forty
4.18 short shuttle
36” vert
9’2” broad

Those are excellent numbers for a slot receiver. Restrepo in high school is VERY similar.

I think this kid is gonna ball at WR, returning punts and leading other players. In 2018, the lack of Berrios’ leadership on offense was painfully obvious. Adding a player and leader like Restrepo is a great move by Cane coaches.
Hopefully Restrepo can stay healthy which Berrios couldn’t for a majority of his career at the U!

Advertisement
What are you talking about? Restrepo has close to elite testing numbers. He’s a rich man’s Berrios if you want to go by HS. I guarantee you if this kid played ball in the Carolinas ala Berrios in HS he’d be a top 250 player.
This kids interview was top notch. He has a great head on his shoulders. Do some research before posting false trash. I’m. All on board with Restrepo recruiting kids like himself.

You obviously missed the discussion on the numbers posted on both. Educate yourself before chiming in with useless info. Read the pages.

Advertisement
At the end of the day, their wont be another berrios, he did what he did while he was here and restrepo will end up doing what he it is he can do when he gets here, whatever that maybe. The one thing we know, they both are high football I.Q. guys which is more important than testing numbers the majority of the time. Me personally, i could careless about testing numbers, Jhavonte dean and demarcus van dyke should've taught yall that.

At the end of the day braxton made plays especially on the big stage and was a solid leader. Im not comparing no player/s who havent played a down of college football to berrios. All this so & so is the next whoever is ridiculous. You can barely name any UM player in the history of UM football greatness that played like another one. Just enjoy each of the unique individual talents that come thru here year in and year out and leave it at that!

Advertisement
U Must have an issue reading numbers, for example how is a 40 inch vertical similar to a 32.50 inch vertical? Wow lol
The shuttle and 40 are similar. Those are the most relevant testing numbers for a WR. Vertical for a WR isn’t as important as those. Vertical is most important for DB, RB, and DE. Second, I don’t think Berrios has a 40 inch Vert. He certainly never played like a guy with a 40 inch vert. He didn’t catch fades and there were a few thrown his way the past couple years. Berrios was a part of the infamous cheetah red zone packages that failed miserably.

When its all said and done this kid will be a great one at UM, and if by some miracle he can pull James Williams (which I doubt) it will solidify his savagery.

Advertisement
Back