Rest of The Recruiting Class - Position Grades (Offense)

nvlahos

Junior
Premium
Now that the Season is pretty much in the dumps as far as us achieving our goals (just trying to finish strong), I'm switching gears to recruiting to hopefully bring good news. It's Richt and staff's first full class and clearly there are a lot of holes on the team that need to be addressed. This 2017 class is very important to building the depth we need to get back to being great again.

With the recent commits of Amari Carter and De'Andre Wilder, I think that we can start to see some closure within certain positions for our 2017 class as well as remaining targets:

QB (Done) - Grade A

N'Kosi Perry
Cade Weldon

Analysis - Got the QB we wanted in Perry and a solid backup in Weldon. If we can hold onto Perry, this position recruiting grade will be a solid A

RB (Possible 1 more)- Grade C+

Robert Burns

Targets - Anthony Mcfarland, Darrian Felix

Analysis - We clearly need a game changing RB as neither Yearby and Walton provide that ability. With their history of injuries both Burns and Mcfarland are question marks. I personally think that we should push harder for Felix. He has the game changing speed and gives us an element we currently don't have. If we land Mcfarland I would bring the grade up to a B+ but my gut tells me he goes to Maryland.

WR (Need 2 or 3 More) - Grade C

Kevaughn Dingle
Evidence Njoku

Targets - Mike Harley, Devonta Smith, Jeremiah Holloman, Marquise Brown

Big Misses - Jerry Jeudy

Analysis - Missing on Jeudy really put a damper on this WR class. He is the type of talent that we desperately need at the position and the type that keeps getting away (Besides Coley and Richards). Landing 2 or 3 of the targets listed above would def upgrade this WR class to a B+ or A- but Holloman and Smith are going to be tough to get IMO.

TE - (Done/ Maybe Replace) - Grade B

Brian Polendey

Targets - Tre McKitty, Kemore Gamble?

Analysis - TE isn't really a need this class. IMO i would've gone after Gamble more, but it seems like the staff wants a blocking TE type

OL - (Need 3 more) - Grade B

Navaughn Donaldson
Zalontae Hillery
Zach Dykstra

Targets - Kadeem Telfort, Kai-Leon Herbert, Tedarrell Slaton, Caleb Chandler, Austin Deculus

Analysis - The heat has been turned up on Herbert and Slaton, and boy do we need them. Gotta finish this class with at least 2 out of the 3 (Telfort, Herbert, Slaton) and keep Donaldson. If the staff can do that, i'd give this OL class an A+

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have a feeling Homer will be an explosive RB, but we need as many playmakers as possible (obviously). Need dynamic RBs

RB and WR should be a D- to me at this point. Neither Dingle or Evidence are elite. Especially with losing Bruce we need some day1 contributors. Landing Holloman or Devonte can turn it around quick. I'm not as worried about RB because Lingard or Cook would beat out anyone we're recruiting this year anyway. I'm not sold on Felix being a RB, more a flex guy to me.

Like Homer a lot. Someone that can be a difference maker so RB isn't as big for me. It's more about getting 5-6 stud like OL as top priority with better talent at the WR position. That's where this class will be determined a success or bust 2 years from now.

Advertisement
Focus down the stretch - WR and OL

2018 RB Targets will make up for a down year this year

I'm a bit higher on McFarland than you are, kid has a great tape. Burns I agree is a question mark due to injuries. I don't think we can say "well next year there are studs" because there is no garuntee of us getting them. We have to stack chips now and not plan too far ahead, we have been burned too many times with the mentality that we will land guys the following class.

Everyone thank Weldon coming ta b a backup. He can sling dat ****. Oh, and Miami gotz a Captain Jack. Not ready to crown Perry, but if you want to crown his ***, crown him.

WR class should be a D. None of those guys are instant impact freshman. Dingle (maybe) be able to get snaps.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back