Request of South Florida HS Experts -- Top 20 and where Miami sits?

grover

Senior
Premium
@gogeta4 @Coach Macho @Memnon @DMoney @Geo305 et al...

SIAP but I couldn't find a South Florida 2024 Top 20 thread. For the past 2 decades, Miami usually gets 1 of the Top 5, 3 of the Top 10 and 6 of the Top 20 local kids. I remember Shannon 2008, Golden 2013, Richt 2018 and Manny 2021 were good to us from a local talent perspective. But many of those top kids ended up underperforming to expectations, as well.

Manny 2021 looks to be the best performance-wise out of all of them (note: he would never have gotten them to commit without COVID), with Shannon 2008 making an argument, as well. I attribute that success not to Manny but to Mario's staff. Kam was going to be good no matter what. But JW, LT, Restrepo, Young, et al have taken huge steps under Mario's staff.

Anyway, I started looking at 247 Top Recruits, and realized we seem to be doing really well with the Local Top 20 this year. Especially if we flip Smith. So I'm super interested in kicking this discussion off again. Because Mario is clearly hunting national elite. But he also seems to be quietly building that mythical WALL we all dreamed about. Am I right or wrong?

So who are your Top 20 (or 10 or 25, whatever you feel comfortable ranking)?

p.s. what's the deal with Jamari Howard? He seems to be an outlier right now in Mario's success with local kids based on 247.

Advertisement
Ya it's well known Cristobal is owning locally

I'm Not local…But here is mine if interested….I'm sure Memnon, Gogeta, etc can agree or disagree. I'd say anything better than 2 of top 5…4 of top 10…Is doing EXCELLENT in tri-county. Obviously it's forced rankings so a lot of gray area. Cristobal is locking sofa down as much as is realistic.

1. Jeremiah Smith WR, Chaminade
  2. Zaquan Patterson S, Chaminade (UM)
  3. Josiah Trader WR/ATH, Chaminade (UM)
  4. Lawayne McCoy WR/ATH, Central
  5. Jordan Lyle RB, STA
  6. Chance Robinson WR, STA (UM)
  7. Colton Heinrich TE, Gibbons
  8. Chauncey Bowens RB, Benjamin School
  9. Chris Wheatley- Humphrey RB, South Broward (UM)
  10. Ryan Mack CB, STA (UM)
———

11.Jermaine Dalias S/LB, Plantation AH
12. Davion Gause RB, Chaminade
13. Dylan Stephenson DE, Columbus
14. Jacob Barney WR/ATH, Palmetto
15. Vincent Shavers LB, Central (UM)
16. Larry Tarver CB, Norland
17. Stacy Gage RB, STA
18. Jamari Howard CB, Norland
19. James Randle WR, Homestead
20. James Madison WR, STA

Of our other commits and targets…I'd say Frederique, Lucas, and Rodriguez (backup plan?) are mid to high 20s…And Dylan Russell around 40.

I'd say the top 3 are top 50 kids

The next 5 top 200 kids

And the next 4 or 5 top 300ish

All JMO…

Last edited:
Thanks Skeeter. So from that list I have to ask about Dallas, Stephenson, Tarver and Howard. Because we already have targets and verbals at all other spots. And I know they’re talking to a few of those RBs and WRs in case of a shakeup but there’s no room as of now.

We definitely look like we’re building the wall. If Smith flips holy crap.

Advertisement
Back