Request for CanesFreak and other highlight guys

cwoy2j

Arms too short to box God
It's the offseason so here's a project. I was watching the ESPN 2000 montage and the only UM highlight I can discern is that damnable Flutie play. **** that. The Canes have had so many defining moments in college football history and we're reduced to that stupid play? Lameage. So my request of you highlight gurus is to set Canes highlights to Dream On and make an ultimate montage for us Canes fans. I'm talking Wide Rights, McGahee's screen pass, tipped pass in the win vs. Nebraska, go ahead td vs. FSU in 87, etc. Something cool to get us through the offseason :)

Advertisement
Watching highlights of 2001 makes me want to punch Larry Coker in the face. How in the **** did anyone come with 21 points of that team?

I prefer to post full games not highlights. I'm working on the Miami/Oklahoma game from 1986 and should have that on YouTube within a few days. I checked and was surprised it's not there. Somebody posted the third quarter in several segments but the bulk of the game is absent.

Advertisement
I prefer to post full games not highlights. I'm working on the Miami/Oklahoma game from 1986 and should have that on YouTube within a few days. I checked and was surprised it's not there. Somebody posted the third quarter in several segments but the bulk of the game is absent.

Here's a handful of games I've found on Youtube:

[video=youtube;chw0jz4V7m0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chw0jz4V7m0&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

[video=youtube;ty2lRaRfxvc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty2lRaRfxvc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;UGuWpyr91SY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGuWpyr91SY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;ao0cH6BzQ8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ao0cH6BzQ8E[/video]

[video=youtube;bh48SEewKEw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh48SEewKEw&feature=watch-vrec[/video]

[video=youtube;BHqXa5zndwI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHqXa5zndwI&feature=related[/video]

@calyx yeah I have been thinking about making another one of those; especially with dream on. Maybe I will soon.

@awsidooger Love your videos!

Canefreak, thank you. Yours are fantastic. It takes more time and care to edit highlight packages than full games. I'm admittedly taking the lazy way out in posting full games. But I do have quite a few old ones that don't seem to be on YouTube.

I'm having some trouble with Miami/Oklahoma 1986. It might be a bit delayed. I have two old tapes of the game. One includes everything including the commercials but the tape quality is poor, with some double imaging. The second tape was stopped many times during taping, including cutting out the commercials. I don't mind that so much as other stoppages, like smack in the middle of the coin toss. That was a famous coin toss, with Alonzo Highsmith and Jerome Brown cursing at the Sooner players across from them. I definitely don't want to leave that out but I'll have to paste the section from the lower quality version. Also, I have some tape of the sports segments from Miami television stations that night, including Melvin Bratton bragging that he and Highsmith called Brian Bosworth at 8:30 the morning of the game to wake him up. I'll include those segments at the end of the video.

Assuming YouTube lets me post a 3 hour game. I can't believe how stuffy some of these organizations are. Now the International Olympic Committee is after me for posting Eric Heiden speed skating videos from 1980. I got a warning yesterday. Last month NBC made me take down Janet Evans swimming races from 1988.

Dodger we appreciate you trying

I know this is random, but does anybody HAVE THE A FULL ACTION JACKSON MOVIE***

Thanks.

Advertisement

Canefreak, thank you. Yours are fantastic. It takes more time and care to edit highlight packages than full games. I'm admittedly taking the lazy way out in posting full games. But I do have quite a few old ones that don't seem to be on YouTube.

I'm having some trouble with Miami/Oklahoma 1986. It might be a bit delayed. I have two old tapes of the game. One includes everything including the commercials but the tape quality is poor, with some double imaging. The second tape was stopped many times during taping, including cutting out the commercials. I don't mind that so much as other stoppages, like smack in the middle of the coin toss. That was a famous coin toss, with Alonzo Highsmith and Jerome Brown cursing at the Sooner players across from them. I definitely don't want to leave that out but I'll have to paste the section from the lower quality version. Also, I have some tape of the sports segments from Miami television stations that night, including Melvin Bratton bragging that he and Highsmith called Brian Bosworth at 8:30 the morning of the game to wake him up. I'll include those segments at the end of the video.

Assuming YouTube lets me post a 3 hour game. I can't believe how stuffy some of these organizations are. Now the International Olympic Committee is after me for posting Eric Heiden speed skating videos from 1980. I got a warning yesterday. Last month NBC made me take down Janet Evans swimming races from 1988.

Thanks man, that 86 game would be great. I have also gotten in trouble from YouTube for a couple of videos.

Thanks man, that 86 game would be great. I have also gotten in trouble from YouTube for a couple of videos.

I'll try to have it up tonight.

What irks me about YouTube is the changing criteria. I know the NFL has a hair up its ***. They threatened to ban me unless I removed the famous Dolphins/Bears game from 1985. I had that up in its entirety. With Olympic videos I was okay unless I posted newer material. Anything from 20+ years ago was fine. But recently I've had to yank videos from 1980, 1984 and 1988 after being warned. Naturally there will be fans of that specific video who rip me via personal message, as if it were my idea to take it down.

Yeah it sucks. I cannot stand the NFL, they deleted one of my best and most popular videos once even though it was all college footage!! It is such a pain dealing with all of this. My Duke Johnson video cannot be seen on mobile devices due to the audio copyright and yet everyone complains to me thinking that I was the one who blocked it but I never have any control over that.

I uploaded Miami/Oklahoma 1986 tonight but it was rejected due to length. Apparently the recent complaint from the IOC regarding the 32 year old video of Eric Heiden at Lake Placid triggered something in my account, and I'm no longer able to upload beyond 15 minutes. So that's it for me until longer limits are restored. I may have to delete videos with "matched third party content" claims. Mostly that means music.

I used to edit the videos to fit 10 or 15 minute windows but it's too much of a chore.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back