Reports: Texas Tech to fire Matt Wells

I would love to see SMU in the BIG12.

Being competitive, Baylor, TT, TCU, SMU, and UH can poach a few players from UT and A&M. Anything to ***** over SEC for me.
SMU, Houston, Boise St & Nevada would be great for the Big XII.

Advertisement
Good hire IMHO

T-Tech was last in the pecking order after TCU job came open and they moved fast. Texas ties, well-respected, basically another Jeff Traylor type of hire.
Joey McGuire was D’Eriq King’s & Jarrid Williams coach at Cedar Hill HS.

It’s an interesting hire for TTech because he’s a Defensive minded coach & he doesn’t have a lot of experience in college. He’s only been coaching on the college for 5 years & has never even been a coordinator.

He was a High school coach for 18 years before he got hired at Baylor by Matt Rhule & then Aranda kept him on staff when he got the job because he was a solid recruiter due to his HS ties.

It leads me to believe that TTech reached out to a bunch of coaches who probably declined & he was the one that finally said yes lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Everyone can fire there coach mid season. Miami got a problem from the HC up. Fix everything before the HC then fix the HC. Or at least the last 20yrs would lead one to believe that

Advertisement
Hey LCE, what do you think of Matt Wells as an OC?
He was only ever a play caller for one year when he was OC at Utah St under Gary Andersen & then when Andersen took the Wisconsin job he kinda lucked into the HC spot at Utah St, so despite the fact he’s been a HC for 8 years, he actually doesn’t have that much of an extensive history as a play caller.

Most of the success he had at Utah St was due to having innovative OC’s like Kevin McGiven, Josh Heupel & David Yost. So, to answer your question, no I’m not high on him as an OC & wouldn’t want him here.

He’s a solid G5 coach, but as a pure play caller isn’t that great, his OC’s made him look better.

Advertisement
He was only ever a play caller for one year when he was OC at Utah St under Gary Andersen & then when Andersen took the Wisconsin job he kinda lucked into the HC spot at Utah St, so despite the fact he’s been a HC for 8 years, he actually doesn’t have that much of an extensive history as a play caller.

Most of the success he had at Utah St was due to having innovative OC’s like Kevin McGiven, Josh Heupel & David Yost. So, to answer your question, no I’m not high on him as an OC & wouldn’t want him here.

He’s a solid G5 coach, but as a pure play caller isn’t that great, his OC’s made him look better.
Looks like Harsin maybe let go at Auburn. He would fit the ex-HC mold for hiring in the Saban model. What are your thoughts on that?

Looks like Harsin maybe let go at Auburn. He would fit the ex-HC mold for hiring in the Saban model. What are your thoughts on that?

LOL, the other night I went to sleep with the TV on the $EC Channel, woke up to see a ****ed off Auburn RB (#4) who Harsin didn't give the ball to on 4th & 1. Instead Harsin calls a dumb *** pass into double coverage. #4 looked like He literally wanted to strangle Harsin.

I doubt Harsin gets fired in year 1, they’re paying him $5.25mill per & he’s already earned an incentive bonus for getting them to be bowl eligible this year, his buyout is $17.5mill if they fire him without cause & simple dissatisfaction with his record in year 1 isn’t a just cause lol

Plus they just paid $21.5mill to fire Gus Malzahn, it would be one of the most retarded moves to fire Harsin this early, especially because no coach worth their weight in salt would wanna go to program that unjustly fires a coach after one year.

Advertisement
Back