Replacing Mo Hagens

cp7705

Sophomore
How the ****, do we do that? That needs to addressed, on the senior season of Pat Hill, we got Hagens, but this year we nobody committed at this point.

Is Walter Tucker our guy there?

Advertisement
I think Tucker likely is it. Not sure what role a fullback/H-back has in Coley's offense though. I've been a big fan of Mo and felt he was underutilized in situations this season.

I feel you 85, but we need to be able to have the option to do what we did against UNC when we have to. That has to be in our toolbox, going forward.

I think the OP is asking, "How do we replace a guy that we rarely used to his potential?"

Im not sure. Its going to be tough to bring in another kid who is as talented then not utilize him anywhere near his threshold.

Advertisement
I think the OP is asking, "How do we replace a guy that we rarely used to his potential?"

Im not sure. Its going to be tough to bring in another kid who is as talented then not utilize him anywhere near his threshold.

Look at the defense.

I don't think tucker will be a FB here, because he would have to gain 20lbs which would ruin his Olympic Hurdling chances. I think we will use a lot more 1 back sets with an H-back and in shortyardage situations use a backup dlinemen or TE. I think Tucker could be the shortyardage big back.

Go Canes

Going to see more single backs, h-backs
Look to see dobard and sandland with walford on the field
Create mismatches, and Williams likes TEs and underneath, intermediate routes

In my opinion this is EXACTLY the problem with James Coley's offense to date. Too much power running "attempts" from a shotgun single back set. We did quite well against Pitt yesterday with two back, I formation from under center. I sure hope james coley is intelligent enough to evolve and not just be another UM coordinator who is a one trick pony.

Advertisement

That's why it's become difficult to get a good tight end (IMO).

That's why it's become difficult to get a good tight end (IMO).

Are you saying that elite HS tight ends dont want to play for a guy who's only play calling experience was one year at the offensive juggernaut known as FIU? A guy who likes throwing minus one yard routes to his tight ends outside of the hashmarks?

I cannot imagine why that would hurt our tight end recruiting. You're just being overly negative. Neg-worthy by many-a-poster here. :)

Golden's late editions scare me. I hope Tucker has miami talent.

Tucker is a big time athlete. He possesses a rare size-speed combo that you just dont see very often. The kid 6' - 225 pounds and was a two-time Florida high school 100 meter hurdles state champion. A frame like this (#44 below) with track athlete speed is rare:

6_1014378.jpg

Advertisement
Tucker SHOULD open the playbook even more. IF HE CAN BLOCK he will be a very versatile FB when you add in his speed and ability to catch out the backfield.

Advertisement
Back