Replacement for Wyche?

Advertisement
We have to go 4-3 and move chickillo over part time IMO. No other way. We have no nose, and 1 proven guy. The 3-4 is a fail. We can't recruit it and we can't run it effectively, this has been proven now 4 classes in. We need 2 tackles in the game at all times. It's better for our lack of linebacker depth too

Time to see if our staff can adjust to what they've got because year 4 is when you can't blame randy anymore

I agree completely.

We have to go 4-3 and move chickillo over part time IMO. No other way. We have no nose, and 1 proven guy. The 3-4 is a fail. We can't recruit it and we can't run it effectively, this has been proven now 4 classes in. We need 2 tackles in the game at all times. It's better for our lack of linebacker depth too

Time to see if our staff can adjust to what they've got because year 4 is when you can't blame randy anymore

I agree.. obvious solution... Adapt to your personnel.

JC

Advertisement
Listen carefully...

There isn't one.

TV/Gaillard or no more DT's in this class. Onto 2015 if you're looking for DT's.

Problem is the 2015 cycle is void of elite talent at DT.

In SFL, which can only be a good thing for us at this point. Get out of the region for elite DT prospects, because we sure as **** aren't landing them here.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner. We ought to throw the book at every OOS D-Tackle for 2015 with the quickness.

Well first let me say that this effin' sucks. I was hurt by losing Valentine but losing Wyche is a real kick in the gut. At this point its Gaillard or bust. While I think Gaillard can be good over time, I don't feel he is ready to come in and be the starting nose tackle, at this point. So, what I suggest is what I have always suggested, go back to the 4-3, one gap. This scheme will allow 3-4 ends to be 4-3 tackles (Chickillo, Moten, Hamilton, Heurtlou, and Kamalu). All of a sudden you have decent depth at tackle. Your 3-4 olbs become your 4-3 ends (Thomas, McCord, Muhammad, Jackson, and Harris).

THIS

Advertisement
We're getting that big white kid that can't dance from Remember the Titans. He should be fine once he goes through UTough, and they get him on the Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich Diet.

Agree with everyone, it's time to kick Chick inside and switch to a 4-3. Start him an Pierre at DT and hold on to your butts.

Agree with everyone, it's time to kick Chick inside and switch to a 4-3. Start him an Pierre at DT and hold on to your butts.

That would be ideal. Had this conversation with a friend yesterday. (But they wont do it. Trust the process)

Advertisement

That would be ideal. Had this conversation with a friend yesterday. (But they wont do it. Trust the process)

Why not we have hella defensive ends. Moving Chick to DT and Pierre in a 4-3 is best for the team. It actually would probably be a good starting line and good rotation.
Ends could be AQM, Mccord, Thomas, or a number of other hybrids we have that can rush the passer.

Advertisement
Fear the tie. Big Al will come up either a jr College or senior transfer. Maybe Wyche resigns.

**** lets just switch to a 3-3-5 stack. Id love to see Jamal Carter playing up near the LOS. We seem to whiff on DL but get good DBs...so fuggit why not lol

Advertisement
Back