Reminds me of The Pros

sotacane22

Sophomore
In This Edition of Reminds me of the Pros, we will discuss 5 incoming freshmen and how they relate to their pro counterparts

Lorenzo Lingard- Adrian Peterson
Tall, powerful, fast, and rangy running back, with enough size to run over opponents and enough speed to outrun opponents cis rating ***** 5 star recruit

DJ Ivey- Artie Burns
Another tall athletic rangy athlete with good hips, good speed and against very fast players he can use his length to stay within arms reach cis rating ***** 5 star recruit

Gilbert Frierson- Aqib Talib
I believe he is a powerful fast corner with a savage mentality, always opportunistic to make the big play cis rating***** 5 star recruit

Cameron Davis- Arian Foster
A one cut and break it to the house type of tail back, makes decisive cuts and has the speed to outrun most players on the field ***** cis rating 5 star recruit

Gurvan Hall- Eric Berry
Has very good speed and a knack for making the big hit and big play much like eric berry did at Tennessee ***** cis rating 5 star recruit

Advertisement
The Lingard-Gurley comparison has been made often enough and I think it's a good one. Frame, speed, hurdling background. AD's violent style is so signature to him.

For Gurvan, Earl Thomas seems like a ringer. They're both undersized guys that have a ton of range thanks to speed and recognition skills, but are also happy to lay the wood.

I'll add another that has been mentioned here several times. Marquez Ezzard and Anquan Boldin. Both stocky receivers with good but not huge size that are destined to shrug off a lot of tackles near the sticks. Like a DeeJay Dallas optimized for running routes rather than reading blocks.

Gurley and Lingard both ran in the same type of offense in high school

6’1 200 gurley in highschool
Lingard 6’1 195-200 right now
Lingard 10.71 in 100m
Gurley 10.70 in 100m
Both were targeted by richt
Both loved track and were elite hurdlers.
Gurley is the perfect comparison for Lingard

Advertisement
Gurley and Peterson have better change of direction than Lingard. Too me, Lingard reminds me of Lamar Miller with more bulk and a little more propensity to run through a guy. Like Miller he's not really a one cut guy when they get going, theres a bit of a chop in his steps.

For Gurvan, Earl Thomas seems like a ringer. They're both undersized guys that have a ton of range thanks to speed and recognition skills, but are also happy to lay the wood.

This makes a bit more sense, size-wise, although Thomas runs a 4.4 and was a PR/KR at Texas. I don't think Gurvan runs that fast.

Advertisement
Gurvan is a legit 4.5 guy with great closing speed at 6’0 185

Is that an official heigh recorded at a camp? Seems a bit tall for him. Reminds me of how people were claiming Amari Carter is 6'1 when he's easily in the 5' 10-11" range

Is that an official heigh recorded at a camp? Seems a bit tall for him. Reminds me of how people were claiming Amari Carter is 6'1 when he's easily in the 5' 10-11" range
That’s what he is on the roster 6’0 180, the guy who post on tos who knows gurvan actually said he’s 191 now and has put on good weight since enrolling early too. I think his height is legit as he’s grown a bit. Looked about a inch shorter than Richt who is a legit 6’1.

Frierson is a more athletic Carlton Davis
I like the mention of C. Davis. Was thinking about him when looking at our CB class. While we all lament losing the AH guys, we got 3 guys at least as good as Davis, who was an immediate contributor at Auburn as a freshman.

Advertisement
Back