Reminder

I know many members of the team actively browses this forum, but more importantly, with Pete's increasing popularity, many recruits also have started browsing the site.

Yes the season has fallen apart, but let's be conscious what we write on young kids deciding whether Miami is the right choice.

Advertisement
I know many members of the team actively browses this forum, but more importantly, with Pete's increasing popularity, many recruits also have started browsing the site.

Yes the season has fallen apart, but let's be conscious what we write on young kids deciding whether Miami is the right choice.

Thanks for the reminder!

The miami fanbase prides themselves for "holding coaches accountable" yet they are mocked unanimously around the country for low attendance, banners, and other lowbrow bull****. They're not even good at the one thing they're truly responsible for.

Advertisement
Imagine a recruit deciding where he's gonna live for the next 4 years because of a message board. I just dont understand the way you idiots think. Do you believe that other fanbases act like everything is perfect during a 3 game losing streak?

maxresdefault.jpg

Advertisement
Re: Recruits

Issue Richt an ultimatum - get a proper OC or you will take your commitment elsewhere. I know you love the program and its brand, but they do not love you back. Use your power for the good of the university - they will thank you later for it. You know more than them, trust me.

Regards,

Streetja

Rivals and Scout boards are worst if not the same for fans of teams that are losing. So copy and paste your porst there too.

Imagine a recruit deciding where he's gonna live for the next 4 years because of a message board. I just dont understand the way you idiots think. Do you believe that other fanbases act like everything is perfect during a 3 game losing streak?

Recruits factor message boards over results on the field in their decision making, that is FACT.

It aint about that at all...

Not sure why this is so hard for people to understand.

These kids want to believe what Richt is selling... They want to believe the program is on the way back. That matters more than wins and losses at this time.

For specific examples... Saban sold kids to come to Bama after his first season. His first season started out 6-2 but then they fell flat on their faces and lost 4 of their last 5 games. He pulled in the number one class. That wasnt because people wanted to suddenly live in Alabama. It wasnt because the coach just put down an incredible season. It was because of hype. Another example is Onions second class after a bad first season.

When you come on this site and cry like the world is falling and then so does every one else on this site. What do you think a kid thinks that's considering coming here and who is being told by the coaches the program is on his way up? He may not jump straight to conclusions that coach is lying but he will have it in the back of his mind. It will create doubt. Any recruit that comes on this site will leave with some doubt. And for the most part we are talking about primadonna kids that think the world owes them something. Not rocket surgery here guys.

Advertisement
People can choose to play football anywhere. They come to Miami for the atmosphere and the attitude.

These kids want to believe what Richt is selling... They want to believe the program is on the way back. That matters more than wins and losses at this time.

For specific examples... Saban sold kids to come to Bama after his first season. His first season started out 6-2 but then they fell flat on their faces and lost 4 of their last 5 games. He pulled in the number one class. That wasnt because people wanted to suddenly live in Alabama. It wasnt because the coach just put down an incredible season. It was because of hype. Another example is Onions second class after a bad first season.

When you come on this site and cry like the world is falling and then so does every one else on this site. What do you think a kid thinks that's considering coming here and who is being told by the coaches the program is on his way up? He may not jump straight to conclusions that coach is lying but he will have it in the back of his mind. It will create doubt. Any recruit that comes on this site will leave with some doubt. And for the most part we are talking about primadonna kids that think the world owes them something. Not rocket surgery here guys.

You really think Saban "created Hype" by going 7-6? He pulled in the #1 class by spending money and it's no secret lol.

Thats like saying Richt is going to "Create hype" by going 8-5 this year with a bowl win....every player is going to look at this team with a judgmental eye until we prove we are for real.

If we was 6-2 after beating everyone except VT and UNC this year, then ended the season losing 4 out of 5 nobody would feel "hype" saying "Da U Back" cuz we beat FSU and ND but loss to Duke, UVA, NCST and Pitt, and got clean swept in our division with the exception of a win at GT.

No, but our fanbase takes the low road and resorts to name-calling, profanity, and insults in a manner unlike any other.

Advertisement

You really think Saban "created Hype" by going 7-6? He pulled in the #1 class by spending money and it's no secret lol.

Thats like saying Richt is going to "Create hype" by going 8-5 this year with a bowl win....every player is going to look at this team with a judgmental eye until we prove we are for real.

If we was 6-2 after beating everyone except VT and UNC this year, then ended the season losing 4 out of 5 nobody would feel "hype" saying "Da U Back" cuz we beat FSU and ND but loss to Duke, UVA, NCST and Pitt, and got clean swept in our division with the exception of a win at GT.

What, what and what?

I dont speak tinfoil...

Yes Saban created hype just like Onion did. New coaches always come in with hype. Your really debating that? I never even knew that was debatable. Seems like its a well known fact that's been proven over and over again.

Big name coaches bring in Hype. If you dont understand that Richt has brought in his own hype you havent been paying attention to anything other than the last 3 football games. Open your ears and actually listen to the people who know this stuff and not the blow hards on this board that you guys somehow think have some inside connection. Listen tot he local recuits and listen to the local coaches and listen to anyone who gets paid for their opinions on this subject matter.

You dont think Manny has created any hype? I mean seriously dude... do you just make stuff up in your mind and then believe it? Kind of scary.

I mean how much money did Saban spend that first year that caught the attention of every kids in the nations eyes? What did he spend it on? I mean I am sure you have this in the back of your mind since its what your basing your opinion on.

Last edited:

No, but our fanbase takes the low road and resorts to name-calling, profanity, and insults in a manner unlike any other.

Exactly. You won't see half of the crap you do from our supposed fans on any other respectable website. This was as true five or even ten years ago as it is today.

What, what and what?

I dont speak tinfoil...

Yes Saban created hype just like Onion did. New coaches always come in with hype. Your really debating that? I never even knew that was debatable. Seems like its a well known fact that's been proven over and over again.

Big name coaches bring in Hype. If you dont understand that Richt has brought in his own hype you havent been paying attention to anything other than the last 3 football games. Open your ears and actually listen to the people who know this stuff and not the blow hards on this board that you guys somehow think have some inside connection. Listen tot he local recuits and listen to the local coaches and listen to anyone who gets paid for their opinions on this subject matter.

You dont think Manny has created any hype? I mean seriously dude... do you just make stuff up in your mind and then believe it? Kind of scary.

I mean how much money did Saban spend that first year that caught the attention of every kids in the nations eyes? What did he spend it on? I mean I am sure you have this in the back of your mind since its what your basing your opinion on.

Yes...because it takes a couple of years before money is good enough to attract players...Also...you said "After his first year" he sold people...again I say...you don't "Sell" a program by going 7-6.

Advertisement
Back