Reminder that Mario went 27-47 at FIU

Advertisement
Recruiter, good scheme for what we have. Can win vs lessor Comp. on an upswing, is an alum.

It was stupid for us not to get him last year.

If we come calling after he wins the pac12 they will extend him and give him a check we probably can’t match.

If we were planning on going the "WE CAN ONLY HIRE GUYS WITH TIES TO THE PROGRUM" idiot route, Cristobal and Schiano would've been better choices than Mandy.

That said, maybe it's time for the peabrains inside the AD and most of our fans to realize there's a world outside of Miami and you can hire someone without ties to the school.

Advertisement
I really don't understand the fetish with hiring coaches with ties to the program. Is that a great pitch for recruits? "Hey, you want to play for me at Miami. I went to school there and was an assistant coach 10 years ago. I'm not the most qualified but I know the school" SIGN ME UP COACH!!!

Why can't we just focus on getting the best coach to turn this **** show around - PERIOD. Sick of the bring back old coaches line of thinking.

Recruiter, good scheme for what we have. Can win vs lessor Comp. on an upswing, is an alum.

It was stupid for us not to get him last year.

If we come calling after he wins the pac12 they will extend him and give him a check we probably can’t match.

There was no way in god's green earth Oregon was letting Mario out of that contract after one year, after they'd already lost Taggart after a year.

Phil Knight would've backed up the Brinks truck to keep him—and Mario wasn't leaving an Oregon program he was just getting rolling with to come back to Miami around January 1st of 2019 for this reclamation project.

Only thing stupid; our fans thinking he was an option ten months ago.

Talk about the "Cuban Al Golden", as some love to call Manny—Mark Christopher ain't the answer.

Advertisement
Not saying we'd ever get Urban, but he is the "type" of guy we need as a coach (I don't know his true character, but yeah, I get that and am not concerned). We need a proven coach. A proven leader. One who sets HIGH expectations and has the ability to acheive. Not saying "Butch" but he also fits this idea. A man's man.

He wasn’t popular as Alabama OL coach, either.
Oh the man's a corch... no denying that, but he recruits and his OLs are dominant. As with just about every HC, its about the coordinators & assistants. Ed O is winning at LSU because of staff hires.

The problem with our program is infrastructure, not just the head coach. Nick Saban and his lack of bags at Miami, not sure he would pull the same classes.

Fixed it for you. He wasn't recruiting 5* players at Michigan State. LSU got the #1 recruiting class after going 3-8...this was before Saban even got there. Not even Saban could recruit without bags.

Advertisement
Please don't make me defend Mario.

He won the conference and won the bowl game. His assistants at FIU, fwiw, were Scott Satterfield (Louisville coach - will probably beat us in a few days) and Geoff Collins - the guy that just beat our ***.

Listen man, Mario would not win the ACC here. We'd hate him. But he'd be infinitely better than Manuelita. He'd be a pretty great recruiter and we'd have a good staff of coaches. We wouldn't be embarrassing ourselves like we are right now.

He is going to win the Pac12 this year, too.

I don't want Mario as our head coach, but he's sadly better than 99% of the coaches mentioned by people on this board. His resume, while not great, isn't bad and winning two conferences, being on a National Championship team as a coach, one of the best recruiters in the nation is nothing to scoff at.

Most bozos here were all about Manny Diaz as the HC, too. This fanbase is so weird. They just willingly eat **** and smile.

Last edited:
That’s not a good comparison at all.

EXACTLY....

He was the SECOND head coach in their history...…...he took over for Strock after a winless season......AND he led them to their first bowl game ever.....AND this dumbass wants to compare his time at FIU with anything related to Miami.

Please don't make me defend Mario.

He won the conference and won the bowl game. His assistants at FIU, fwiw, were Scott Satterfield (Louisville coach - will probably beat us in a few days) and Geoff Collins - the guy that just beat our ***.

Listen man, Mario would not win the ACC here. We'd hate him. But he'd be infinitely better than Manuelita. He'd be a pretty great recruiter and we'd have a good staff of coaches. We wouldn't be embarrassing ourselves like we are right now.
That’s crazy. ****.

Advertisement
When Herbert leaves we’ll see what’s what with Herbert..that year Fiu was decent under cristobal that wasn’t hugs players..same thing rn with Oregon. I’m not sold on him

Get me Mario over Manny any days. Like I said we hired the wrong Cuban

SEEE...

That's problem people have certain agendas..... I get it but it's no different as us brothers pulling for Coach Shannon because of the lack of opportunities in the coaching game.

FACTS!

F ***** all of that mess , I just want to WIN and give me the best person that can make that HAPPEN!!
I speak the TRUTH to thy own self be true.... with me nothing matters if it's not ALL ABOUT THE THIS :neonu:

Advertisement
Back