Remember

Advertisement
200w.gif

Advertisement
Nobody is shook...... we aint spent a dime yet.
This is an important point.

Our rivals won’t be impressed until they see us put up Real Money and, if necessary, get into it with Phil Knight.

They’ve heard this talk from Miami before and it always ended up with some Second Rater or Coach at the End of his career whose teams got viciously exposed by Wisconsin or some other team with a Pulse.

But most of us here in the State of Miami are ready to be pleasantly surprised.

Our rivals won’t be impressed until they see us put up Real Money and, if necessary, get into it with Phil Knight.

They’ve heard this talk from Miami before and it always ended up with some Second Rater or Coach at the End of his career whose teams got viciously exposed by Wisconsin or some other team with a Pulse.

Been the safe cozy hire every time. Our best coach got fired from his previous stop. If Mario comes all that people will say is that he missed home, wouldn't necessarily even be about the university. Lane would be the shock.

Advertisement

I was saying for the last two years that Diaz was only a symptom of a larger problem. It went above Diaz and James. Fact is that most of the board members didn't care about sports and since they couldn't be replaced, we were **** out of luck as a program unless somehow they got publicly embarrassed. ****roaches hate light. UM fans should build a monument to Kirk Herbstreit someday. The BOT didn't suddenly realize, "Wow, Herbie was right, why couldn't we see that." Nope, they just didn't like that they were exposed to the world as pathetic frauds pretending to care about the school and they were personally responsible for ruining a great institution. They can't go back into hiding anymore. That's why I don't think this is all just talk.

Advertisement
I was saying for the last two years that Diaz was only a symptom of a larger problem. It went above Diaz and James. Fact is that most of the board members didn't care about sports and since they couldn't be replaced, we were **** out of luck as a program unless somehow they got publicly embarrassed. ****roaches hate light. UM fans should build a monument to Kirk Herbstreit someday. The BOT didn't suddenly realize, "Wow, Herbie was right, why couldn't we see that." Nope, they just didn't like that they were exposed to the world as pathetic frauds pretending to care about the school and they were personally responsible for ruining a great institution. They can't go back into hiding anymore. That's why I don't think this is all just talk.
Frenk didn't like his name being drug through the mud for all their failures.

Advertisement
To be fair to the Board, there were always some who understood the importance of the Program, otherwise Al Golden never would have been fired after the Clemson fiasco. For that matter, Richt had to go after he (and the University) was embarrassed a second time by Wisconsin in a second-tier bowl in New York State.

But the people who care about the Team and its Championship Legacy appear to have been in a minority in a Board of Trustees that seems to me to only be ready to change on the advent of Bad News. Nobody was ready to sit down and argue what a nationally successful Program could do for Miami. This despite the evidence of what such success was doing for Alabama and Oregon, for example.

Until recently, that is. There may have been a sea change among the Powers That Be. The Football Community may be saying “Show Me!” and they have good reasons to do so based on past performance. However, the businesslike dismissal of Blake James may herald something entirely new.

Advertisement
Back