Remember when

jsy

Recruit
Remember when golden was here and we blamed the defense on dno but it was basically what golden wanted
Same thing with manny
We blamed defense on baker but it was manny all along
Same thing with gattis
It’s clear based on his previous years at Oregon
This is what Mario wants
We’re gonna have to get used to this and just wait until he’s amassed enough talent to just out talent everyone
That’s basically what he saw he when he was at Miami, his teams when he was a player was out talenting everyone not really out scheming them
When he was under butch he saw great player assessment and development
That’s what he saw when he was at bama
He was there before saban decided to adapt
And that’s basically his system
His way
Which is to be fundamentally sound and be physically better than the opponent
So it doesn’t matter if he fires gattis
He’ll just hire enos 3.0
**** if Ponca becomes oc
We’ll be calling him the Hispanic enos

Advertisement
Manny Diaz >>> Mario Cristobal

Feel better?
I’m not saying that
Mario has proven to be ona different league
This was the most prepared ready to play I have seen in over 10 years
He took the same group of players that would constantly come out flat and uninspired and he had them ready
I’m saying what we see on offense is Mario
It doesn’t matter who calls the plays it’s ultimately gonna look the same
So just have to wait until he gets enough talent
That’s why he’s more like Kirby than saban

Advertisement
Advertisement
The number of passes thrown says nothing about the scheme they’re thrown in
Oh bull****, Saban ran 65% of the time because that was the league until the last 5 or 6 years. Smart is run heavy and Georgia won a national title and looks like the odds on favorite to repeat. Although they aren't running the ball well so they are throwing much more.

Oh bull****, Saban ran 65% of the time because that was the league until the last 5 or 6 years. Smart is run heavy and Georgia won a national title and looks like the odds on favorite to repeat.
Exactly
Georgia finally has enough talent that they can just over power everyone
That’s Mario’s goal

Advertisement
Honestly, it feels like 1999 season...
Exactly
I think this offense is gonna take a while to put up big points esp since it’s missing a true Alfa at wr
This off season with the additions to the trentches and hopefully a wr who can step up as a number 1 I would expect tvd to return as well and have a big year next year

Oh bull****, Saban ran 65% of the time because that was the league until the last 5 or 6 years. Smart is run heavy and Georgia won a national title and looks like the odds on favorite to repeat. Although they aren't running the ball well so they are throwing much more.
Georgia also recruits at a level that we will never recruit at. Once Saban started getting beat by more open teams, he changed his approach.

Hopefully Mario has the same epiphany that Saban had and realizes ground and pound only gets you so far.
Saban and Alabama still run the rock a lot, the only difference is that when they take shots, the receivers are talented enough to 1)Get open and 2)CATCH THE BALL. Saban isn't running some crazy air raid, the big difference between what Bama was running 10 years ago and now is that they aren't lining up in the I anymore, and they use significantly more formations. That's the big difference, he's also gotten better at attracting difference making passers. TVD isn't the athlete Bryce Young is, which means you won't have nearly as many wow plays created with his legs..

That's likely what Mario is trying to do, build up the roster with talent, and have the ability to break teams down with a balanced, physically dominant offense. That's what is winning in college football right now.

Advertisement
Saban and Alabama still run the rock a lot, the only difference is that when they take shots, the receivers are talented enough to 1)Get open and 2)CATCH THE BALL. Saban isn't running some crazy air raid, the big difference between what Bama was running 10 years ago and now is that they aren't lining up in the I anymore, and they use significantly more formations. That's the big difference, he's also gotten better at attracting difference making passers. TVD isn't the athlete Bryce Young is, which means you won't have nearly as many wow plays created with his legs..

That's likely what Mario is trying to do, build up the roster with talent, and have the ability to break teams down with a balanced, physically dominant offense. That's what is winning in college football right now.
I’d say you’re accurate.

Remember when golden was here and we blamed the defense on dno but it was basically what golden wanted
Same thing with manny
We blamed defense on baker but it was manny all along
Same thing with gattis
It’s clear based on his previous years at Oregon
This is what Mario wants
We’re gonna have to get used to this and just wait until he’s amassed enough talent to just out talent everyone
That’s basically what he saw he when he was at Miami, his teams when he was a player was out talenting everyone not really out scheming them
When he was under butch he saw great player assessment and development
That’s what he saw when he was at bama
He was there before saban decided to adapt
And that’s basically his system
His way
Which is to be fundamentally sound and be physically better than the opponent
So it doesn’t matter if he fires gattis
He’ll just hire enos 3.0
**** if Ponca becomes oc
We’ll be calling him the Hispanic enos
You're right that it's Mario's philosophy and we have to live with it. I don't think it's what we should be doing but some minor tweaks could go a long way while keeping Mario's philosophy largely the same. TVD made a living on the RPO slants last year. Incorporate a few of those each game. Put Rooster in the slot every now and again and run the bubble screen to him. Go with tempo a few series a game to catch the D off guard. The RZ O needs a complete overhaul though

Advertisement
Back