Remember this guy...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ole ****

5 total commits
many people on this board were on the Lane Train last year and didn't want Mario.
that train has derailed quickly.
We made the right hire by a several miles!

I warned you guys about his recruiting back when people were trying to push the Lane Train down the track. Was the deal-breaker for me. That and his name wasn't Mario.

The early recruiting returns and roster reconstruction have been impressive. But we haven’t snapped the ball yet so it’s chill some.

I have zero chill for the Lane Train.

The Lane Train was spewing some arrogant and disrespectful nonsense less than a year ago, acting like Lane was the ONLY choice Miami could POSSIBLY make.

Don't make me pull receipts.

Yes, we don't 100% know what the future holds. But anyone who wants to trade the administrative changes, the budgetary changes, the facilities changes, the culture/attitude changes, the recruiting-SO-FAR changes for some top-secret glowing-golden Lane Train playbook?

Yeah, I'm not down with that.

1657745930827.png

1657745890275.png

Advertisement
Lol i dont think you know this but he killed the transfer portal and that has been his plan at a place like Ole Miss that cant recruit big time talent unless dropping major bags.

Their class of 2022 was extremely good when you include the transfer portal acquisitions. Lane beat out Mario for a few recruits.....so looks like eggs on your face with this post.

Lane would kill here too...Mario is an unreal recruiter...think we wouldve done well with either or...I was more of a Lane guy....but atleast i know Mario is a die hard cane and this is his home.

I warned you guys about his recruiting back when people were trying to push the Lane Train down the track. Was the deal-breaker for me. That and his name wasn't Mario.
You warned but you were wrong then as well.

Go check who they hijacked out the portal...They got maybe 5-6 guys out of the portal alone that we would take RIGHT NOW.

You warned but you were wrong then as well.

Go check who they hijacked out the portal...They got maybe 5-6 guys out of the portal alone that we would take RIGHT NOW.
Mirror much? 🤣

I know EXACTLY what he did in the portal. He had to because he had failed already, getting his *** beat for the kids he wanted. I was all over what he was doing when we were in transition because his name was weirdly getting dropped a lot for us here. The portal has a much smaller number of quality kids in it than the HS ranks. You can’t live off it. You can augment with it to plug holes but it’s playing with fire to go heavy with it year after year. And who wants to be Re-tread U?

Advertisement
Mirror much? 🤣

I know EXACTLY what he did in the portal. He had to because he had failed already, getting his *** beat for the kids he wanted. I was all over what he was doing when we were in transition because his name was weirdly getting dropped a lot for us here. The portal has a much smaller number of quality kids in it than the HS ranks. You can’t live off it. You can augment with it to plug holes but it’s playing with fire to go heavy with it year after year. And who wants to be Re-tread U?
No due to the pandemic and the open of restrictions in transfers the portal was choc full of talent the last 2 years where you could live off of it.

Again i have to keep telling you you are wrong with it....The Mississippi schools live historically off of Juco talent or shall we say THE PORTAL. Their state aint producing enough talent to support the 2 big schools in state. He aint doing nothing different than whats normal for a school like Ole Miss. Ole Miss had a top 25 class last year without factoring the portal. I hate have to be defending a sorry *** sec school but thinking Lane Kiffin cant recruit is crazy.

I like my Cristobal returns and you were right on him...but i already knew he was a beastly recruiter. I was unsure how his staff would look....once i seen who he got...i jumped on board. Mario 4 life!!! lol

Talking recruiting and game day coaching between the two is shortsighted. It goes way beyond that. We’re talking rebuilding a program. Would the same financial commitment have been there if lane is the coach? I’m assuming a lot of the changes that are happening are demands Mario had in order to hire him. Infrastructure, support staff, facilities etc. I don’t know that Lane would have a big picture vision for the program

Advertisement
No due to the pandemic and the open of restrictions in transfers the portal was choc full of talent the last 2 years where you could live off of it.

Again i have to keep telling you you are wrong with it....The Mississippi schools live historically off of Juco talent or shall we say THE PORTAL. Their state aint producing enough talent to support the 2 big schools in state. He aint doing nothing different than whats normal for a school like Ole Miss. Ole Miss had a top 25 class last year without factoring the portal. I hate have to be defending a sorry *** sec school but thinking Lane Kiffin cant recruit is crazy.

I like my Cristobal returns and you were right on him...but i already knew he was a beastly recruiter. I was unsure how his staff would look....once i seen who he got...i jumped on board. Mario 4 life!!! lol

You are a very fair and honest poster, both in your assessments and analysis.

I do believe that reliance on the Portal is problematic, you just don't get enough impact players who can contribute for four years. Fortunately for Ole Miss (and a few other schools), the NCAA has removed the IC limits for the next couple of cycles.

I am not disagreeing with you that Ole Miss pursues the Portal hard, I just don't think that's an approach that would pay the same dividends at Miami, thus Lane Train was not gonna be a good fit at Miami for many, many reasons.

Advertisement
Back