Rumor Relegation

Advertisement
Feed this into my veins!

Should do this for all of college football when we get to the inevitable consolidation to two leagues that is already happening.

I also like that they are saying this would only be football and that the other sports stay how they are. Too much common sense here so I am sure it wont happen.

Who wants to be King of Suck Balls Mountain?

This is wild. And crazy.

I realize there will be some proponents of this idea, from a competitive standpoint, but this will...

NEVER.

HAPPEN.

Teams want MORE guaranteed money. Not a chance at LESS money.

Sounds great as an idea. Fails completely in reality in the US.

Advertisement
IMG_0839.gif

Advertisement
This is wild. And crazy.

I realize there will be some proponents of this idea, from a competitive standpoint, but this will...

NEVER.

HAPPEN.

Teams want MORE guaranteed money. Not a chance at LESS money.

Sounds great as an idea. Fails completely in reality in the US.
Unless your option is only less. I know we havent gotten there yet, but as consolidation continues will the Vanderbilts of the world get to stay in the top league?

Advertisement
I've been suggesting something like this since the advent of the BCS. I kept saying there needs to be another Power 5 conference in the Western half of the US. IMO it was the best way to balance out what was the BCS format. I think its still a viable concept today.

Being a Fresno State alum who grew up in Miami and (by default) understood college football on a level that most folks in the Pacific time zone did not, I was always confused that there was a WAC, a Mountain West and a Big West Conference, each with 2-3 teams that could conceivably make the jump to the Power 5 level. Rather than group together and form a P5 level conference, they all just bided their time hoping for a Pac 10 invitation. hahaha . So much for that.

Advertisement
Unless your option is only less. I know we havent gotten there yet, but as consolidation continues will the Vanderbilts of the world get to stay in the top league?

Look, we can mock Vandy and Northwestern and Wake. But they are founding members, and I don't think they are going anywhere.

Now, Rutgers and Maryland and Mizzou? Who knows...

As I said in another discussion, Temple University has already been an example of relegation. They were forced to drop out of the Big East in approximately 2011 because of their non-competitive football program and the lack of fan support. They wandered in many deserts before they were Resurrected so to speak in recent years

Advertisement
Back