Relationship with Lashlee leads to offer for 2021 4-star QB Nussmeier

View as article
Still will be LSU but had he visited then I have zero doubt Lashlee would’ve given the kid something to think about. I think he is going to be an absolute stud. I don’t think there’s a QB I would take over him honestly. Maybe Milroe, but that’s it.

Advertisement
Still will be LSU but had he visited then I have zero doubt Lashlee would’ve given the kid something to think about. I think he is going to be an absolute stud. I don’t think there’s a QB I would take over him honestly. Maybe Milroe, but that’s it.

I'm sure LSU is putting the heat on him to commit.

He’s exceptional. My favorite QB this cycle.

Nussmeier postpones any decision. Says he still wants to see Miami, Texas and TAMU.

Regarding the Aggies who are the most recent to offer. “I was pretty excited. It had been in the works for awhile so I was waiting for it to happen. I like the whole atmosphere they provide on game day is cool and it’s another SEC team so that’s cool also.”

Regarding the Hurricanes: “I think Coach (Rhett) Lashlee was the main part of where my attention went. When he was at SMU we talked a good bit and him going there attracted me.”

On the Longhorns: “Coach (Mike) Yurcich we’ve had a relationship for a long time. He was recruiting me hard at Oklahoma State before he left. I knew of knew when he got the Texas ob it would pick up. That’s a huge plus and Texas is a huge university and the chance to play for them is pretty cool.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
IDK, maybe I missed this from early on, but there's a connection between Nussmeier's dad and the new LSU OC:

Nussmeier's father, Doug, coached collegiately for a majority of the last 13 years, while also coaching quarterbacks for the St. Louis Rams (2006-07) when former Cowboys Offensive Coordinator Scott Linehan was the Rams head coach.

Advertisement
Nussmeier's weekly blog for SI - more about his personal life, goals, etc.

Being a coach's kid and seeing my dad do it is just something I've always wanted to do. It's what also pushes me to continue to grow my football IQ. That's the ultimate plan one day. I want to start as a quarterbacks coach and then hopefully work my way all the way up to a head coach one day.

I think even if I was a head coach, I would want to call plays. I think I'm going to give the quarterback a lot of control but I think it's going to be a mix of what I've learned in the air raid system and what my dad has always done in the pro style system. I think it will be a mesh between pro style, a little bit of RPO and some spread concepts.

Advertisement
Nussmeier's weekly blog for SI - more about his personal life, goals, etc.

Being a coach's kid and seeing my dad do it is just something I've always wanted to do. It's what also pushes me to continue to grow my football IQ. That's the ultimate plan one day. I want to start as a quarterbacks coach and then hopefully work my way all the way up to a head coach one day.

I think even if I was a head coach, I would want to call plays. I think I'm going to give the quarterback a lot of control but I think it's going to be a mix of what I've learned in the air raid system and what my dad has always done in the pro style system. I think it will be a mesh between pro style, a little bit of RPO and some spread concepts.
sounds like Rhett and Garrett are gonna get along just fine.

Advertisement
Back