Relationship with Lashlee leads to offer for 2021 4-star QB Nussmeier

Advertisement
Maybe someone can help me understand what we’re looking for with Lashlee. I like that he’s a coach’s son - I’m laughing bc Nuss Sr was a God-awful recruiter at UiF - but he is a Pro Style QB. I thought we would be looking more at Dual Threat QB’s???

Talks a little bit about it, in this clip.

Can't wait to see how Lashlee recruits, I remember SMU people raving about how good of a recruiter he was for them.
I expect him to be very good. Younger guy with energy and a good offensive product to sell.

We are going to find out quick. He really needs to win on King. That transforms this team. Would be a great sign if he gets it done.

Advertisement
I expect him to be very good. Younger guy with energy and a good offensive product to sell.

We are going to find out quick. He really needs to win on King. That transforms this team. Would be a great sign if he gets it done.
If he gets King that’ll show some recruiting ability, assuming all other things are equal.

Might be possible that Rhett is better HC material than Manny.

I love his philosophy.

I definitely think he'll become a HC in the near future. Hopefully he'll end up staying @ MIA for at least 3-4 yrs

Maybe someone can help me understand what we’re looking for with Lashlee. I like that he’s a coach’s son - I’m laughing bc Nuss Sr was a God-awful recruiter at UiF - but he is a Pro Style QB. I thought we would be looking more at Dual Threat QB’s???
We are looking for him to do whatever he did at SMU with U obtainable talent. That’s all. We don’t impose our tactics on him. He does his thing. We either succeed or we fire everyone in December. Sincerely, Jim

Advertisement
We are looking for him to do whatever he did at SMU with U obtainable talent. That’s all. We don’t impose our tactics on him. He does his thing. We either succeed or we fire everyone in December. Sincerely, Jim
I always listen to Jim T. koval. Everyone should.

HIs father is not going to let him commit to Miami at this point. He knows many is on thin ice and were cycling through OCs

Thats refreshing... A coach who tailors his scheme to suit the skill sets of the guys he’s got.
Last guy said the same thing. It all depends on QB play. If we get more of the same, does anyone think the O will run well? Can you see Jarren Williams throwing three bad passes in 10 seconds? I sure can. My only hope is we get a quality dude from the portal, or TVD is the real deal.

Last guy said the same thing. It all depends on QB play. If we get more of the same, does anyone think the O will run well? Can you see Jarren Williams throwing three bad passes in 10 seconds? I sure can. My only hope is we get a quality dude from the portal, or TVD is the real deal.
I have no faith in Jarren, especially with the attitude stuff we’re hearing. I’d play Kosi over him based on attitude alone.

Give me a transfer like King and then the better of Matocha or TVD.

Advertisement
So in other words the kid is a prodigy and has been groomed by the highest levels of QB coaching in the state of Texas since he was in pop Warner.

Flower Mound (Tex.) Marcus High School QB Garrett Nussmeier is a high priority target for new Miami Hurricanes coordinator/QB coach Rhett Lashlee.

Lashlee recruited Nussmeier when he was coaching at SMU and offered him a Cane scholarship Jan. 12.

The latest here?

Nussmeier says he’s “for sure” taking spring visits to LSU, North Carolina and Texas.

“And then I’m still thinking about trips to Miami, Arizona State and TCU,” he says.

Nussmeier says UM is pushing hard to try and land him.

“I talk with coach Lashlee, got to talk to coach (Manny) Diaz the other day,” Nussmeier said. “It’s been pretty good. Coach Lashlee said he thinks I’m a good fit for his system, a lot of what he has done in his past is what I’ve done at my school - fast tempo and throwing the ball down the field. That’s where coach Lashlee sees me.”

Nussmeier says he isn’t listing any favorites and that “I won’t release any. I’ll just commit when I feel it’s right.”

He adds that “I kind of have an idea (of favorites) - after these visits I’ll have an even better idea.”

What does Miami have going for itself with him?

“I think it’s a great place - with the right quarterback you have enough weapons to make plays,” Nussmeier said. “That part is big. It’s a great program, the University of Miami is prestigious. When you think of the top football programs Miami is one of them.”

Advertisement
Flower Mound (Tex.) Marcus High School QB Garrett Nussmeier is a high priority target for new Miami Hurricanes coordinator/QB coach Rhett Lashlee.

Lashlee recruited Nussmeier when he was coaching at SMU and offered him a Cane scholarship Jan. 12.

The latest here?

Nussmeier says he’s “for sure” taking spring visits to LSU, North Carolina and Texas.

“And then I’m still thinking about trips to Miami, Arizona State and TCU,” he says.

Nussmeier says UM is pushing hard to try and land him.

“I talk with coach Lashlee, got to talk to coach (Manny) Diaz the other day,” Nussmeier said. “It’s been pretty good. Coach Lashlee said he thinks I’m a good fit for his system, a lot of what he has done in his past is what I’ve done at my school - fast tempo and throwing the ball down the field. That’s where coach Lashlee sees me.”

Nussmeier says he isn’t listing any favorites and that “I won’t release any. I’ll just commit when I feel it’s right.”

He adds that “I kind of have an idea (of favorites) - after these visits I’ll have an even better idea.”

What does Miami have going for itself with him?

“I think it’s a great place - with the right quarterback you have enough weapons to make plays,” Nussmeier said. “That part is big. It’s a great program, the University of Miami is prestigious. When you think of the top football programs Miami is one of them.”

Thanks for the compliments kid, wish you the best at LSU

So update on Nussmeier - he just ended a two day visit to LSU. Looks like he has become the top target at QB for them this cycle although they are hoping to take two QBs - the kid from Arizona seems to be the other target (Ty Thompson)

This is from the Texas 247 board last night - seems like we may at least get a visit:

Four-star Flower Mound Marcus quarterback Garrett Nussmeier flew in Saturday evening from Baton Rouge fresh off of his visit from LSU. He said the visit went great and that he loved being able to sit down and talk to all of the coaching staff and how they run things. He said he is planning to take visits to Texas, Miami, and South Carolina and possibly Arizona State, TCU, and Baylor before making his decision on Easter Sunday. He said communication with Mike Yurcich has been fluid and he is excited to get on campus and meet with him and the rest of the coaching staff.

Some HIghlights:

Recruiting-wise, last week was really busy. I got on FaceTime a lot and I actually got to spend a lot of time on Zoom with Coach (Rhett) Lashlee, the OC over at the University of Miami. Kind of just going over stuff, how he does things and how he did them at SMU. That was really cool.
Me and Coach Lashlee have had a relationship for a long time, going back to his time at SMU. With him going to Miami, it increased my interest in Miami. So we just kind of went over what he wants t
o do at Miami. Getting to watch that was pretty cool. Learning more about the U, that's one of several schools that I'm strongly considering.

My plan was to originally commit on Easter in front of my entire family but because of the circumstances, not only was I not ready to commit because I couldn't finish my visits but also I wasn't around my whole family. So it wasn't what I wanted it to be.
So I did not commit.

My original plan was to commit and then release it on April 18 (Saturday), so I'm going to use this week to keep thinking. There could be a chance I commit on the 18th but there's also a chance that I'll announce that I won't be committing that day and I'll be taking my time.

I really appreciate y'all tuning in this week to see what I have to say. There's a chance by this time next week I could be committed, so it's an interesting time and I hope you log back on to read again.
It could be an interesting weekend so y'all follow me on social media for updates.

Advertisement
Back